Ok...Well there is thing called the SIGMA SHARK 635W

Ok, so first off, i live in New Zealand, so if there is any confusion in currency, its in New Zealand Dollar and a lot of computer parts are expensive here.

So my friend and I are arguing about the power supply he recently bought for $100 NZD, its called a Sigma Shark 635W, it is made in 2007/08, but he claims its from the 90's, in the end, it's still old. He "apparently" needed something over 600W because he is getting a GTX 760 or 770...on a dual core AMD CPU... Anyway, i'm trying to tell him that you can buy a buy a better PSU for the same price, with cable management, 80+ Gold, fannless mode etc, you get the point. 

Anyway, this thing is weird, like super weird, it uses 2 blue LED lit 80mm fans to cool it, and it has no certification, modular cables, or a fanless mode. 

You can get a Cooler Master V650s for about $110 here if you shop around a bit, but he just dropped the bomb on this old ass PSU. What do you guys think of it compared to modern PSU's and what you can get for the same price, and does he actually need a PSU of this power.

Anyway, the two websites i get my parts from are www.pbtech.co.nz and www.trademe.co.nz (NZ Version of Ebay)

feel free to let me know you opinion about this

12560700919807.jpeg

| i5 4690k @ 4 GHz | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte H97 Gaming-3 | Corsair RM750 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 128GB Cruital SSD | 240GB Crutial SSD | 2TB WD Green | NZXT H440|

Your friend is a fool.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Your friend is a fool.

Thank you, there is a long ass facebook conversation too...

| i5 4690k @ 4 GHz | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Corsair H100i | Gigabyte H97 Gaming-3 | Corsair RM750 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | 128GB Cruital SSD | 240GB Crutial SSD | 2TB WD Green | NZXT H440|

Yeah, main thing, does he actually need a PSU of that power for a GTX 760, or 770 (Gigabyte windforce if your asking)

Yeah, main thing, does he actually need a PSU of that power for a GTX 760, or 770 (Gigabyte windforce if your asking)

Not really, no. 500W or even around 400W would be just fine.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

oh, great, he is now saying that it is more reliable than a second hand higher quality one, LOL

Cooler Master V550 is the soild choice here. If your friend doesn't want to listen to you, go let him get that crappy PSU and see what will happen :P

Evidence Of Evil

Cooler Master V550 is the soild choice here. If your friend doesn't want to listen to you, go let him get that crappy PSU and see what will happen :P

Yeah, i told him to stick with well known brands such as cooler master or corsair. He said this: " i keep telling you it's by Raidmax which btw was a more trusted brand back in the 90's compared to coolermaster and zalman"

Yeah, i told him to stick with well known brands such as cooler master or corsair. He said this: " i keep telling you it's by Raidmax which btw was a more trusted brand back in the 90's compared to coolermaster and zalman"

Is he trolling? Lol

Evidence Of Evil

Is he trolling? Lol

nope, he is dead serious, and its already installed in his system...

here is the full convo, you may find it interesting: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=827803957310223&set=a.292259240864700.65843.100002418788132&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_reply

here is the full convo, you may find it interesting: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=827803957310223&set=a.292259240864700.65843.100002418788132&type=1&theater&notif_t=photo_reply

bomb has been planted 

*beep beep beep*

*facedesk*

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

bomb has been planted 

*beep beep beep*

*facedesk*

*Terrorists Win"

Oh, his system won't be ever likely to survive something like 3 years. Saw reviews and a lot failed in under 3 years.

Evidence Of Evil

*Terrorists Win"

just wait for it to explode

then just do a evil laugh saying "i told you"

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

just wait for it to explode

then just do a evil laugh saying "i told you"

LTT Forums, where users wait for your friends to die :P

LTT Forums, where users wait for your friends to die :P

Where users give usually sound advice and when ignored wait for your friends pc to go pop..

Really, even if it was a top quality PSU or company in the 90's or 00's, it's tooo old. It won't compare to newer good PSU's in any way.

Radimax is bad.

Shark is bad.

It could very well harm his system

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Where users give usually sound advice and when ignored wait for your friends pc to go pop..

Really, even if it was a top quality PSU or company in the 90's or 00's, it's tooo old. It won't compare to newer good PSU's in any way.

Some people... Just don't understand, this guy argues everything with me anyway... He thinks his Dual Core AMD CPU can stay at 5Ghz and at %100 load and still stay under 30°C :/

Ok, so first off, i live in New Zealand, so if there is any confusion in currency, its in New Zealand Dollar and a lot of computer parts are expensive here.

So my friend and I are arguing about the power supply he recently bought for $100 NZD, its called a Sigma Shark 635W, it is made in 2007/08, but he claims its from the 90's, in the end, it's still old. He "apparently" needed something over 600W because he is getting a GTX 760 or 770...on a dual core AMD CPU... Anyway, i'm trying to tell him that you can buy a buy a better PSU for the same price, with cable management, 80+ Gold, fannless mode etc, you get the point. 

Anyway, this thing is weird, like super weird, it uses 2 blue LED lit 80mm fans to cool it, and it has no certification, modular cables, or a fanless mode. 

You can get a Cooler Master V650s for about $110 here if you shop around a bit, but he just dropped the bomb on this old ass PSU. What do you guys think of it compared to modern PSU's and what you can get for the same price, and does he actually need a PSU of this power.

Anyway, the two websites i get my parts from are www.pbtech.co.nz and www.trademe.co.nz (NZ Version of Ebay)

feel free to let me know you opinion about this

Could you make some pictures? I'm curious ;)

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

Yep, here it is here: 12560700919807.jpeg

wtf is that  :o  :o  :o

kill it with fire!!!

It can.. but will needs some serious cooling.

Excuse me while I get my Flamethrower

wtf is that  :o  :o  :o

kill it with fire!!!

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]