i5 4690k max safe voltage?

I'm currently at 4.6Ghz with 1.3V, rock solid stable and passes 8 hours of OCCT. I can't lower the voltage anymore otherwise it's gonna bsod.. Should i raise the vcore to 1.335V? I want 4.7/4.8Ghz whatever my chip allows me to. And i do have thermal headroom, I'm using a corsair h100i. My idle temp is 38-44c and load temp tops out at 75c (stress testing) when gaming it never goes over 70c..

Any thoughts?

I would not go above 1.3v for regular 24/7 use

if you just want to see how high of an overclock you can get as a one time thing its safe to go up to 1.35 or 1.4 if you have sufficient cooling

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Is 1.335 safe for 24/7 use?

more volts shorter life normally. You wont even notice .1 Ghz

So what is the absolute max safe voltage that won't degrade the chip?

Stock.

overvolting will always shorten the lifespan.

BUT generally 1.3V is put as the limit for 24/7 use because it won't degrade the chip before you would want to upgrade anyways (3 years +)

People trying to get the highest OC possible go for a lot higher voltages, but this also involves more extreme cooling.

When in doubt: C4

Lolwut?

putting higher charged electricity through a device will shorten its lifespan. even the stock voltages degrade the cpu, it just does it so slowly that you'd never know. but eventually it will become unstable even at stock voltages. adding more degrades the cpu faster. you can overclock a cpu with 1.25 volts and run it like that for years on end but it is still degrading the cpu.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

putting higher charged electricity through a device will shorten its lifespan. even the stock voltages degrade the cpu, it just does it so slowly that you'd never know. but eventually it will become unstable even at stock voltages. adding more degrades the cpu faster. you can overclock a cpu with 1.25 volts and run it like that for years on end but it is still degrading the cpu.

Well if that's the case then you might as well keep the chip in a vault

Well if that's the case then you might as well keep the chip in a vault

They're just giving you a literal, honest, and frankly accurate answer to the question you asked. If you want a more overclock-friendly answer, the first poster told you. 1.3 Volts, if you want to run it like that 24/7, is generally agreed to be safe. If 4.5 GHz at 1.3 V is stable, that's probably where I'd personally quit.

Of course that's still potentially reducing the lifespan, but it's still likely to last for years if kept at safe temperatures.

Set up an adaptive overclock with your manual OC settings.  That way your chip will spend almost all the time at low clocks (because you don't use it), and ramp up for the brief periods when you do (e.g. gaming).  

It's really easy and you don't have to worry about a 24/7 voltage nearly as much.  

IMO 1.335 V with an adaptive overclock would be totally fine.  For perspective I have my 4690k at 1.3V and 4.6 GHz.

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

• 7 months later...

Set up an adaptive overclock with your manual OC settings.  That way your chip will spend almost all the time at low clocks (because you don't use it), and ramp up for the brief periods when you do (e.g. gaming).  

It's really easy and you don't have to worry about a 24/7 voltage nearly as much.  

IMO 1.335 V with an adaptive overclock would be totally fine.  For perspective I have my 4690k at 1.3V and 4.6 GHz.

What type of cooling are you using? I can't set my mind on one.. and I need one badly!!

What type of cooling are you using? I can't set my mind on one.. and I need one badly!!

I'm using a corsair h100 for it. Idle temperatures are around 30 and load is 60

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

Depends on your case. The H105 is the best bang for the buck as its thicker than even a H110. The H105 doesn't have any software but why you'd need it is beyond me.

If anyone asks you never saw me.