Luke benched GTA V with DX10.1?

mvitkun
lQAjoUe.png

Not sure if he actually benched it using those settings but it seems suspicious.

@Slick

menus,graphs, and screengrabs still look pretty bad in videos on Vessel btw........

It's less noticeable on regular footage though.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Yeah, I don't know about it being 10.1. I do know that AA matters less and less the higher res you go and with 4k you should almost be fine without it.

Edit: Oh. I thought you'd made a box around the MSAA thing. Instead of it just being the setting selector.

Yeah. Slick shoulda really been using 11...

Sig under construction.

Some people had problems with DX11 crashing and stuttering etc so that's probably why..

In that case he'd 

A.wait for a patch to come out

or

B.comment on the game being unstable on DX11 and explain that because of that he's using 10.1....which I don't recall him doing.

But making a video using DX10.1, a.k.a The way it's not meant to be played and the way that many people won't play it, is pointless as a benchmark.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

In that case he'd 

A.wait for a patch to come out

or

B.comment on the game being unstable on DX11 and explain that because of that he's using 10.1....which I don't recall him doing.

But making a video using DX10.1, a.k.a The way it's not meant to be played and the way that many people won't play it, is pointless as a benchmark.

You get more FPS on DX 10.1 as well so really he shouldn't of..

Maybe he forgot he changed the setting?

You get more FPS on DX 10.1 as well so really he shouldn't of..

Maybe he forgot he changed the setting?

I think he benched with DX11 but had DX10.1 selected when recording the menus to talk about settings.

Linus Sebastian said:

I think he benched with DX11 but had DX10.1 selected when recording the menus to talk about settings.

Maybe.

Sig under construction.

Trust in Luke :-D

AMD Ryzen R9 5900X  | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360  |  GIGABYTE X570S AERO G  |  2x32GB G'skill TridentZ 4000MHz  | MSI RX 6900 XT Gaming Z Trio 16GB Dark Base Pro 900 (Orange)  | TOSHIBA 4TB 3.5" Drive - Game Drive | Crucial MX200 250GB 2.5" SSD - Boot Drive | Cooler Master V750 PSU |

Living Room PC: AMD Ryzen 2400G | MSI RX VEGA 56 8GB AERO | 2x8 GB Crucial Ballistix 2400MHz | Intenso 250GB SSD | Seagate 500 GB HDD | Node 202 + 850W PSU |