intel i5-4690K Mobo ?

For a new build, I have decided to go for an intel i5-4690K

Now, I'm currently looking for a motherboard that is good for this CPU

and so far I've found different brands and types.

Do you guys have any suggestions for a good motherboard ??

It surely has to allow OCing and specifically, I'd go for a Micro ATX.

Also, what features does one look for when selecting the appropriate motherboard ?? 

When selecting an appropriate motherboard you need to look at socket type, and chipset.

Asus is an amazing brand for motherboards, the BIOS is really nice.

For the 4690K you need an LGA1150 socket. And to achieve the best performance and OCing from your CPU. You'll need a Z97 chipset motherboard

Here's a really good one: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-z97kcsm

Do you need to go MicroATX though?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Also, what features does one look for when selecting the appropriate motherboard ?? 

Most motherboards of the same chipset (You'd want a Z97 chipset) offer very similar features, as long as it's a normal brand.

The main difference is how many PCI=E 16x slots a board has and how the UEFI is, apart from those two things most are prettyt much the same in terms of how they overclock and what not.

Personally if you're making a colour coded build go for whatever one suites that, otherwise just the cheapest one.

Have you decided to go for some kind of colour scheme?

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

When selecting an appropriate motherboard you need to look at socket type, and chipset.

Asus is an amazing brand for motherboards, the BIOS is really nice.

For the 4690K you need an LGA1150 socket. And to achieve the best performance and OCing from your CPU. You'll need a Z97 chipset motherboard

Here's a really good one: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-z97kcsm

Do you need to go MicroATX though?

thats not micro atx

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

@RexisYourBestM8 Yea, Ill go Micro, not standard nor mini-ITX ^_^

@X_Rated_Box as for colour, dont have one as such in mind, though If I find a MOBO that I like, ill use its colour scheme and build on it

@RexisYourBestM8 Yea, Ill go Micro, not standard nor mini-ITX ^_^

@X_Rated_Box as for colour, dont have one as such in mind, though If I find a MOBO that I like, ill use its colour scheme and build on it.

ok, please go with an Asus one. Asus is easily the best brand for motherboards and I cannot recommend them enough.

This is good: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-z97mplus

Better but more expensive : http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-gryphonz97 

Armored Edition http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-gryphonz97armoredition

Even better but a lot more expensive, it also has a color to it so you can make a theme: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-maximusviigene

What case are you using? If it isn't windowed you don't need to make a colour theme.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

@RexisYourBestM8 I dont think I'll go for a windowed one, to save on money and cuz I couldnt care less about appearance  :3

Though the first one looks good, thanks  ! :D 

@RexisYourBestM8 I dont think I'll go for a windowed one, to save on money and cuz I couldnt care less about appearance  :3

Though the first one looks good, thanks  ! :D 

Nice, if you're not getting a windowed case, don't worry about what colour your components are and focus on bang for buck.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build: