HELP! I am a complete newbie to computer building and I want some advice!

Go to solution Solved by grayblizzard,

HELP! I was just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on what parts are needed to build a good gaming computer. The only part I have is the case but I may want to upgrade that in the future. If you could let me know what the parts that I will need to build my pc and the minimum amount of $AUD I will need to spend that would be great!

HELP! I was just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on what parts are needed to build a good gaming computer. The only part I have is the case but I may want to upgrade that in the future. If you could let me know what the parts that I will need to build my pc. I am willing to spend a max of $1500 AUD. I would love a full tower case with a see through side and blue LED lighting. Thx

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

HELP! I was just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on what parts are needed to build a good gaming computer. The only part I have is the case but I may want to upgrade that in the future. If you could let me know what the parts that I will need to build my pc and the minimum amount of $AUD I will need to spend that would be great!

Please read the above

It would be easier if you werer to give us a budget then work from that but for something that'll last a few years with all the modern things about $1500

But it all really depends on what you want it for, you mentioned gaming we'll that's a given but would you also want it for streaming or content creation

this might be a base to work from

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($329.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($159.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($479.00 @ Centre Com) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($98.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Total: $1439.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-18 14:24 EST+1000

However, it can get much cheaper if you want to reduce some parts or take some out and the same for more expensive depending on your thoughts

You will need the following things:

- CPU

- Motherboard

- RAM

- CPU Cooler (typically supplied with the cpu, though aftermarket coolers are better most of the time)

- Case

- Power Supply

- HDD or SSD (I'd recommend at least a 128GB SSD and/or a 1tb HDD)

- GPU (unless the integrated graphics of the CPU/APU are powerful enough for your needs.)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Please read the aboveIt would be easier if you werer to give us a budget then work from that but for something that'll last a few years with all the modern things about $1500But it all really depends on what you want it for, you mentioned gaming we'll that's a given but would you also want it for streaming or content creationthis might be a base to work from PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($329.00 @ PCCaseGear) CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($45.00 @ CPL Online) Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($129.00 @ Umart) Memory: Kingston Fury Red Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($159.00 @ PCCaseGear) Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($71.00 @ Umart) Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB WINDFORCE 3X Video Card  ($479.00 @ Centre Com) Case: NZXT S340 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($98.00 @ PLE Computers) Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($129.00 @ CPL Online) Total: $1439.00Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-18 14:24 EST+1000However, it can get much cheaper if you want to reduce some parts or take some out and the same for more expensive depending on your thoughts

About $1500 AUD Is my max. I will be doing a bit of streaming and gameplay recording/editing/posting. Also I would like it to be able to play HD movies. I may be doing some adobe photoshop work on it to. Finally, I would use it for school work. Thx

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX