Seagate 2TB SSHD - 6300h - S.M.A.R.T. Error ID 5

_Art3mis_
Go to solution Solved by Guest,

I could try...

yeah it's the best option, I know RMA is a pain in the ass, especially when user data is involved, but it will give you peace of mind, trust me, I felt relieved when I first set up my RAID 1

Hi!

After researching a bit I came to this:

Wikipedia:

0x05

Reallocated Sectors Count

Count of reallocated sectors. When the hard drive finds a read/write/verification error, it marks that sector as "reallocated" and transfers data to a special reserved area (spare area). This process is also known as remapping, and reallocated sectors are called "remaps". The raw value normally represents a count of the bad sectors that have been found and remapped. Thus, the higher the attribute value, the more sectors the drive has had to reallocate. This allows a drive with bad sectors to continue operation; however, a drive which has had any reallocations at all is significantly more likely to fail in the near future.[3] While primarily used as a metric of the life expectancy of the drive, this number also affects performance. As the count of reallocated sectors increases, the read/write speed tends to become worse because the drive head is forced to seek to the reserved area whenever a remap is accessed. If sequential access speed is critical, the remapped sectors can be manually marked as bad blocks in the file system in order to prevent their use.

All of my Data (except of my OS) is on this drive so I really have to know what to do now.

The funny thing - my other drive I got from my old PC (10.480h of use!) works 100% fine!

post-53212-0-50278300-1429283715.png

post-53212-0-18230700-1429283774.png

post-53212-0-79349400-1429283870_thumb.p

Of course, it is completly normal to have a GPU at 90°c all the time <_< 

Java, Sysadmin, Network Engineer, Project Management

Love you all - thanks for helping me! ^_^

By the looks of it your hard drive is fairly new am I correct? if it is then you should probably RMA you might have a defective unit.

By the looks of it your hard drive is fairly new am I correct? if it is then you should probably RMA you might have a defective unit.

It's about 1  1/2 years old, I don't think I can RMA it now... and I have to keep my data at all costs!

It's about 1  1/2 years old, I don't think I can RMA it now... and I have to keep my data at all costs!

according to seagate's website, the drive has a 3 year warranty

http://www.seagate.com/internal-hard-drives/solid-state-hybrid/desktop-solid-state-hybrid-drive/  (3 years applies to all storage capacities)

As for your data, I would recommend borrowing another hard drive from a friend or something, otherwise you could always ask the seagate customer support for a way to keep your data through the RMA process

according to seagate's website, the drive has a 3 year warranty

http://www.seagate.com/internal-hard-drives/solid-state-hybrid/desktop-solid-state-hybrid-drive/  (3 years applies to all storage capacities)

As for your data, I would recommend borrowing another hard drive from a friend or something, otherwise you could always ask the seagate customer support for a way to keep your data through the RMA process

I could try...

I could try...

yeah it's the best option, I know RMA is a pain in the ass, especially when user data is involved, but it will give you peace of mind, trust me, I felt relieved when I first set up my RAID 1

I just insalled GTA 5 and me and my mate want to play the next 48hrs straight - I really hope nothing happens until the next week :(

I just insalled GTA 5 and me and my mate want to play the next 48hrs straight - I really hope nothing happens until the next week :(

gaming is more important, don't rma it, do it after finishing the game! It's an order from Gaben!

gaming is more important, don't rma it, do it after finishing the game! It's an order from Gaben!

All+hail+our+lord+and+saviour+gaben_8222

ALL HAIL LORD GABEN ;) :lol:

You may should save the most critical data to an other drive. But normaly when all overprovisioned sectors are used up, the drive goes to read only mode, so you can save the data. As long as it's not your boot drive.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

You may should save the most critical data to an other drive. But normaly when all overprovisioned sectors are used up, the drive goes to read only mode, so you can save the data. As long as it's not your boot drive.

I saved the most important stuff(thank god it didn't die until now).

That's good news, at least I could save stuff after the breakdown too :)

I saved the most important stuff(thank god it didn't die until now).

That's good news, at least I could save stuff after the breakdown too :)

Never rely on "normaly they should" behavior ;)

And you should back up the critical data anyway. Three devices in min. two different locations are recomended for data you can't afford to lose.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

I RMA'ed the SSHD and I am now waiting for the call to pick the new one up. They couldn't safe my data but I saved most of it beforehand...

• 2 weeks later...

Still got no call/mail from them... real nice customer support...

• 4 weeks later...

Got my new SSHD works for now :D