Experiences with non-techies

This may be off-topic, but my experience so far with people with CompSci degrees have been absolutely vile. They think that because they have CompSci degrees, they can make better computer part decisions and such. As I see it so far, it's just a lame ticket to say that Intel is superior and that anything that I (or we) suggest is inferior or shitty. They end up making an ass out of themselves ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 

So bottom line, I'm not shitting on others with a CompSci degree. It's just that my experience so far is me running to an elitist with a CompSci degree blowing smoke out of their asses. To give you an idea, it is a streamer planning an X299 system when it is pretty clear to all of us that a Ryzen system of similar spec/price is going to offer a much better performance-to-dollar ratio.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

2 minutes ago, JurunceNK said:

This may be off-topic, but my experience so far with people with CompSci degrees have been absolutely vile. They think that because they have CompSci degrees, they can make better computer part decisions and such. As I see it so far, it's just a lame ticket to say that Intel is superior and that anything that I (or we) suggest is inferior or shitty. They end up making an ass out of themselves ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 

So bottom line, I'm not shitting on others with a CompSci degree. It's just that my experience so far is me running to an elitist with a CompSci degree blowing smoke out of their asses. To give you an idea, it is a streamer planning an X299 system when it is pretty clear to all of us that a Ryzen system of similar spec/price is going to offer a much better performance-to-dollar ratio.

yes but he may want some of the Intel featureset like thunderbolt 3 or you know, more then 8 cores? x299 is going to have 14 core chips from what i have seen

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yes but he may want some of the Intel featureset like thunderbolt 3 or you know, more then 8 cores? x299 is going to have 14 core chips from what i have seen

That case he should wait for tread ripper and decide then between blue or red imo

7 minutes ago, NLD1st said:

That case he should wait for tread ripper and decide then between blue or red imo

ofcource but just because something is value dosent mean someone should just get it. people have their reasons for buying what they buy usiually.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

Yet the pricing is going to be totally out of whack for the higher core count SKUs. If anything then the AMD Threadripper will be a better buy, but we'll see. I may be wrong however.

Since when does a streamer ever make use of Thunderbolt? I have Thunderbolt and I have never used it yet because I don't have any devices that can take advantage of it.

But to finish, the streamer looked at me as if I was some dumb-fuck who knows jack-shit about computers, so I called the streamer out for making an ass out of themselves (I'm not naming any streamer). So naturally they asked if I was going to college (That's true, and I'm three years in, and I have 1-2 years left for my Associate's Degree in Multimedia). They even said that they have "friends" in the hardware industry and they know all they need to know (like you need friends in the hardware industry when the same information is just as readily accessible by any average joe), so I slammed the streamer's argument on that note.

This whole snowball eventually lead me to calling out the streamer for how much of an ass(hole) they were making themselves out of and how much of an elitist they were, which naturally got me kicked, blocked (on Twitter of course, like I ever replied), and banned from the Twitch chat, so I returned fire and did the same thing. I couldn't report the streamer because there's nothing I could do at that point, and it won't change anything.

The point is you can ask anyone in the IT industry about computer hardware, and they will have a different opinion on matters like we do. You don't need a degree to know as much as the personnel do.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

1 minute ago, JurunceNK said:

Yet the pricing is going to be totally out of whack for the higher core count SKUs. If anything then the AMD Threadripper will be a better buy, but we'll see. I may be wrong however.

Since when does a streamer ever make use of Thunderbolt? I have Thunderbolt and I have never used it yet because I don't have any devices that can take advantage of it.

But to finish, the streamer looked at me as if I was some dumb-fuck who knows jack-shit about computers, so I called the streamer out for making an ass out of themselves (I'm not naming any streamer). So naturally they asked if I was going to college (That's true, and I'm three years in, and I have 1-2 years left for my Associate's Degree in Multimedia). They even said that they have "friends" in the hardware industry and they know all they need to know (like you need friends in the hardware industry when the same information is just as readily accessible by any average joe), so I slammed the streamer's argument on that note.

This whole snowball eventually lead me to calling out the streamer for how much of an ass(hole) they were making themselves out of and how much of an elitist they were, which naturally got me kicked, blocked (on Twitter of course, like I ever replied), and banned from the Twitch chat, so I returned fire and did the same thing. I couldn't report the streamer because there's nothing I could do at that point, and it won't change anything.

The point is you can ask anyone in the IT industry about computer hardware, and they will have a different opinion on matters like we do. You don't need a degree to know as much as the personnel do.

Intel is pushing for thunderbolt 3 to become the new USB protocol sortof

anyway yes, your point is still valid but i just thought id mention that he might have his reasons for getting Intel chips. they will probably be priced somewhere close to insanity but so will Threadripper probably. we will just have to see what happens there. 

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

Intel is pushing for thunderbolt 3 to become the new USB protocol sortof

anyway yes, your point is still valid but i just thought id mention that he might have his reasons for getting Intel chips. they will probably be priced somewhere close to insanity but so will Threadripper probably. we will just have to see what happens there. 

Yep, I heard of Intel pushing it, and they could be successful in that regard, depending on execution of course.

Did you mean a "she" (But gender doesn't matter, a person's character is malleable to whichever sex is available in nature)?

RIGZ

Spoiler

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

QUOTES

Spoiler

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

1 minute ago, JurunceNK said:

Yep, I heard of Intel pushing it, and they could be successful in that regard, depending on execution of course.

Did you mean a "she" (But gender doesn't matter, a person's character is malleable to whichever sex is available in nature)?

gender of the person is unimportant, they were being an ass either way. also i really hope we can get thunderbolt to become the new "usb" with USB C conectors for everything and so on because that would mean external GPUs for all future laptops basically :D 

Builds:

Spoiler

58 minutes ago, NLD1st said:

That sounds oddly familiar but let's not go in to politics... :P also sounds like fanbois in a way

9fag is terrible.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Someone should start a thread about "experiences with stupid people" and it would relate to this threads title.

So at my shcool we have 2 computer rooms. The one we have IT in has 12 thinstations connected to a server, 3 HP computers with C2D and with 17" CRT monitors, 2 HP EliteBook 8440p laptops without drivers, because the teacher said - "Who needs drivers? Windows has everything, you don't need to install any drivers!". When she couldn't connect to the internet - "Wired internet doen't work? What, no drivers? You don't need drivers for the cable! The latop can't connect to WiFi because the WiFi port is broken. He broke it because he touched the sticker on the laptop" 'He' is one of my classmates and he had touched the Windows 7 sticker on the laptop. Well you understand how much she knows. But there's more. All of the mentioned computers and my personal HP latop (specs in sig) are connected to a maybe 10 year old cheap router from Tenda. And guess what happens when everything is turned on and tries to connect to the router at the same time. Well the router crashes. And finally yestarday I told one of my classmates, who's a friend of mine, what the problem was. Then I told him that if we truned on the PCs one by one eveything would work. During the class he told the teacher and she agreed to try it. It worked. So today she came to us and told us - "You're right. When all the PCs try to connect at the same time it crashes, that's why the server needs more RAM!". Yes the server needs more RAM, because the router is old and crappy? And all of those thinstation PC's are using 1024x768 res on widescreen monitors with 1366x768 res, because "it looks good, else the text is too small". She just doesn't want to listen or she hears things the way she likes. She'll hopefully retire after about a month when we finish the school year.

Main PC: Acer IPISB-VR│Intel Xeon E3-1270 3.4GHz│AeroCool AirFrost 4 with Noctua NF-A9│16GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual-channel│nVidia GeForce GTX1060 6GB│Cricual MX500 250GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm + Seagate 1TB 7200rpm│Windows 7 Pro x64 & Windows 11 Pro│CoolerMaster Silencio 352M│Seasonic M12II-520 EVO 520W│Acer SA220Q 22" 1920x1080

Secondary PC: MSI H81M-P33│Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz│DeepCool Ice Edge Mini FS V2│16GB DDR3 1866MHz (1600MHz) Dual-channel│AMD R9 270 2GB│WD Green 120GB SSD + Seagate 1TB│Windows 11 Pro│Acer Aspire M1930 case│CoolerMaster B500 v2 500W│Samsung S19B300 1366x768 & Fujitsu-Siemens P15-1 1024x768

Test PC/Nice XP PC: ASUS M2N│AMD Athlon64 x2 6000+ 3.1GHz│CoolerMaster unkown model│4GB DDR2 800MHz│nVidia GeForce 9500GT 1GB│Hitachi Deskstar 80GB 7200rpm + WD Raptor 74GB 10000 rpm│Windows 7 Pro x64 + Windows XP Pro SP3│TurboX Case│Zalman 450W│LG Flatron L1718S 17" 1280x1024

Future workshop PC: ASUS M4N68T-M-V2│AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 2.8GHz│Some 130W tower cooler│8GB DDR3 1333MHz Dual-channel│AMD Radeon HD4670 512MB│Samsung Spinpoint 640GB 7200rpm│Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 + Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 32bit│Medion MD8840 case│Antec VP350P 350W│Lenovo L220x. 22" 1920x1200

HTPC: HP Elite 8200 USDT│Intel Core i7-2600s 2.8GHz│6GB DDR3 1333MHz Dual-channel│Intel HD Graphics 2000│WD Blue 1TB 5400rpm│Windows 7 Pro x64│JVC LT-32VF30K 32" 1920x1080

New Main laptop: HP ProBook 455 G9│AMD Ryzen 5 2625U 2.3GHz│16GB DDR4 3200MHz│AMD Radeon RX Vega 7│1TB NVMe SSD│Win 11 Pro│15.6" 1920x1080
Old Main laptop: HP EliteBook 8470p│Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz│16GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual-channel│Intel HD4000 Graphics│Kingston 240GB SSD│Win 7 Pro x64│14.1" 1600x900

Secondary laptop: HP EliteBook 8470p│Intel Corei7-3520M 2.9GHz│8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual-channel│Intel HD4000 Graphics│2 x Crucial BX500 500GB SSDs│Win 7 Pro x64│14.1" 1600x900

Main phone: Sony Xperia X CompactOther phones: Sony Xperia L3, Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (x2){and both are dead now}, Sony Xperia E3, Sony Xperia Tipo + 12 more (not going not list everything)

Most other PCs and laptops I own:

Spoiler

Small laptop: Acer Aspire One D255│Intel Atom N550 1.5GHz│2GB DDR3 1333MHz│Intel GMA3150 256MB│Western Digital 500GB 5400rpm KingDian S100 32GB Apacer AS350X 120GB SSD│Win 7 Ultimate x64 & Win 10 Pro x64 Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 32bit & Q4OS│10.1" 1024x600

Old secondary PC: ASUS A7V8X-X│AMD Sempron 3000+ 2.0GHz│Titan CPU Cooler│1.75GB DDR 400MHz│nVidia GeForce FX5700LE 256MB│2 x WesternDigital 40GB 7200rpm (sadly one seems to be dead)│Windows XP Pro SP3│Some case│Codegen 300XA 350W│Dell E173FP 17" 1280x1024 & Fujitsu-Siemens P15-1 1024x768Philips 200P4 20" 1600x1200

"The Old" PC: eMachines eTower 466i│Intel Celeron 466MHz│512MB RAM PC133│nVidia GeForce FX5200 128MB PCI ATi 3D Rage Pro AGP 2x_ 4MB│Seagate Baracuda 40GB 7200rpm│Windows 98SE & Windows XP Pro SP3│IBM P50 14" 1024x768 CRT

"The Floppy" laptop: Clevo 2700C│Intel Pentium III 1.1GHz│512MB PC133 SDRAM│SiS 630 32MB shared│Samsung 40GB│Windows XP Pro SP3│15" 1024x768

"The P4" laptop: HP Pavillion ZD8000│Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz│2GB DDR2 666MHz Dual-channel│ATi Mobility Radeon X600 256MB│Seagate 100GB│Windows XP Pro SP3│17" 1440x900

Dell laptop: Dell Latitude D600│Intel Pentium M 1.6GHz│1.5GB DDR 333MHz│ATi Mobility Radeon 9000 64MB│40GB IDE│Windows XP Pro SP3│14.1"  1400x1050

Future workshop PC (dead): MSI MS-7302│Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz│Stock cooler│3GB DDR2 800MHz│AMD Radeon HD7470 2GB│Samsung Spinpoint 640GB 7200rpm│Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 + Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 32bit│Medion MD8840│FSP Group 250W│Samsung SyncMaster 730bf 17" 1280x1024

Old Secondary PC: HP IPISB-CH│Intel Core i5-2320 3GHz│DeepCool Ice Edge Mini FS V2│8GB DDR3 1333MHz│AMD R9 270 2GB│WD Green 120GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB 2.5"│Windows 7 Ultimate x64│Acer Aspire M1930│CoolerMaster B500 v2 500W│Samsung S19B300 1366x768 & Fujitsu-Siemens P15-1 1024x768

14 minutes ago, dsv1999 said:

So at my shcool we have 2 computer rooms. The one we have IT in has 12 thinstations connected to a server, 3 HP computers with C2D and with 17" CRT monitors, 2 HP EliteBook 8440p laptops without drivers, because the teacher said - "Who needs drivers? Windows has everything, you don't need to install any drivers!". When she couldn't connect to the internet - "Wired internet doen't work? What, no drivers? You don't need drivers for the cable! The latop can't connect to WiFi because the WiFi port is broken. He broke it because he touched the sticker on the laptop" 'He' is one of my classmates and he had touched the Windows 7 sticker on the laptop. Well you understand how much she knows. But there's more. All of the mentioned computers and my personal HP latop (specs in sig) are connected to a maybe 10 year old cheap router from Tenda. And guess what happens when everything is turned on and tries to connect to the router at the same time. Well the router crashes. And finally yestarday I told one of my classmates, who's a friend of mine, what the problem was. Then I told him that if we truned on the PCs one by one eveything would work. During the class he told the teacher and she agreed to try it. It worked. So today she came to us and told us - "You're right. When all the PCs try to connect at the same time it crashes, that's why the server needs more RAM!". Yes the server needs more RAM, because the router is old and crappy? And all of those thinstation PC's are using 1024x768 res on widescreen monitors with 1366x768 res, because "it looks good, else the text is too small". She just doesn't want to listen or she hears things the way she likes. She'll hopefully retire after about a month when we finish the school year.

tell the principal about how shit she is and bring evidence? that will get her out quicker

Builds:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

tell the principal about how shit she is and bring evidence? that will get her out quicker

Everyone knows it. All of the students and teachers, and also the principal, but she has decided to let her retire without problems. Last year she could retire, but decided to stay, so now she has no other choice but to retire.

Main PC: Acer IPISB-VR│Intel Xeon E3-1270 3.4GHz│AeroCool AirFrost 4 with Noctua NF-A9│16GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual-channel│nVidia GeForce GTX1060 6GB│Cricual MX500 250GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm + Seagate 1TB 7200rpm│Windows 7 Pro x64 & Windows 11 Pro│CoolerMaster Silencio 352M│Seasonic M12II-520 EVO 520W│Acer SA220Q 22" 1920x1080

Secondary PC: MSI H81M-P33│Intel Core i7-4790 3.6GHz│DeepCool Ice Edge Mini FS V2│16GB DDR3 1866MHz (1600MHz) Dual-channel│AMD R9 270 2GB│WD Green 120GB SSD + Seagate 1TB│Windows 11 Pro│Acer Aspire M1930 case│CoolerMaster B500 v2 500W│Samsung S19B300 1366x768 & Fujitsu-Siemens P15-1 1024x768

Test PC/Nice XP PC: ASUS M2N│AMD Athlon64 x2 6000+ 3.1GHz│CoolerMaster unkown model│4GB DDR2 800MHz│nVidia GeForce 9500GT 1GB│Hitachi Deskstar 80GB 7200rpm + WD Raptor 74GB 10000 rpm│Windows 7 Pro x64 + Windows XP Pro SP3│TurboX Case│Zalman 450W│LG Flatron L1718S 17" 1280x1024

Future workshop PC: ASUS M4N68T-M-V2│AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 2.8GHz│Some 130W tower cooler│8GB DDR3 1333MHz Dual-channel│AMD Radeon HD4670 512MB│Samsung Spinpoint 640GB 7200rpm│Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 + Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 32bit│Medion MD8840 case│Antec VP350P 350W│Lenovo L220x. 22" 1920x1200

HTPC: HP Elite 8200 USDT│Intel Core i7-2600s 2.8GHz│6GB DDR3 1333MHz Dual-channel│Intel HD Graphics 2000│WD Blue 1TB 5400rpm│Windows 7 Pro x64│JVC LT-32VF30K 32" 1920x1080

New Main laptop: HP ProBook 455 G9│AMD Ryzen 5 2625U 2.3GHz│16GB DDR4 3200MHz│AMD Radeon RX Vega 7│1TB NVMe SSD│Win 11 Pro│15.6" 1920x1080
Old Main laptop: HP EliteBook 8470p│Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz│16GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual-channel│Intel HD4000 Graphics│Kingston 240GB SSD│Win 7 Pro x64│14.1" 1600x900

Secondary laptop: HP EliteBook 8470p│Intel Corei7-3520M 2.9GHz│8GB DDR3 1600MHz Dual-channel│Intel HD4000 Graphics│2 x Crucial BX500 500GB SSDs│Win 7 Pro x64│14.1" 1600x900

Main phone: Sony Xperia X CompactOther phones: Sony Xperia L3, Sony Xperia Z3 Compact (x2){and both are dead now}, Sony Xperia E3, Sony Xperia Tipo + 12 more (not going not list everything)

Most other PCs and laptops I own:

Spoiler

Small laptop: Acer Aspire One D255│Intel Atom N550 1.5GHz│2GB DDR3 1333MHz│Intel GMA3150 256MB│Western Digital 500GB 5400rpm KingDian S100 32GB Apacer AS350X 120GB SSD│Win 7 Ultimate x64 & Win 10 Pro x64 Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 32bit & Q4OS│10.1" 1024x600

Old secondary PC: ASUS A7V8X-X│AMD Sempron 3000+ 2.0GHz│Titan CPU Cooler│1.75GB DDR 400MHz│nVidia GeForce FX5700LE 256MB│2 x WesternDigital 40GB 7200rpm (sadly one seems to be dead)│Windows XP Pro SP3│Some case│Codegen 300XA 350W│Dell E173FP 17" 1280x1024 & Fujitsu-Siemens P15-1 1024x768Philips 200P4 20" 1600x1200

"The Old" PC: eMachines eTower 466i│Intel Celeron 466MHz│512MB RAM PC133│nVidia GeForce FX5200 128MB PCI ATi 3D Rage Pro AGP 2x_ 4MB│Seagate Baracuda 40GB 7200rpm│Windows 98SE & Windows XP Pro SP3│IBM P50 14" 1024x768 CRT

"The Floppy" laptop: Clevo 2700C│Intel Pentium III 1.1GHz│512MB PC133 SDRAM│SiS 630 32MB shared│Samsung 40GB│Windows XP Pro SP3│15" 1024x768

"The P4" laptop: HP Pavillion ZD8000│Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz│2GB DDR2 666MHz Dual-channel│ATi Mobility Radeon X600 256MB│Seagate 100GB│Windows XP Pro SP3│17" 1440x900

Dell laptop: Dell Latitude D600│Intel Pentium M 1.6GHz│1.5GB DDR 333MHz│ATi Mobility Radeon 9000 64MB│40GB IDE│Windows XP Pro SP3│14.1"  1400x1050

Future workshop PC (dead): MSI MS-7302│Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz│Stock cooler│3GB DDR2 800MHz│AMD Radeon HD7470 2GB│Samsung Spinpoint 640GB 7200rpm│Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 + Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 32bit│Medion MD8840│FSP Group 250W│Samsung SyncMaster 730bf 17" 1280x1024

Old Secondary PC: HP IPISB-CH│Intel Core i5-2320 3GHz│DeepCool Ice Edge Mini FS V2│8GB DDR3 1333MHz│AMD R9 270 2GB│WD Green 120GB SSD + WD Blue 1TB 2.5"│Windows 7 Ultimate x64│Acer Aspire M1930│CoolerMaster B500 v2 500W│Samsung S19B300 1366x768 & Fujitsu-Siemens P15-1 1024x768

Ohh god I had to experience the iSheep in its natural habitat. So there's this guy in my class who is a HUGE Apple fanboy. So what's the issue with that as long as he isn't bothering anyone? Well I was playing a game that ran like crap on my 200$ HP Stream. He came over and claimed that his Macbook (like 2015 lol) was better than my laptop (No shit) and it would crush any laptop....I replied with well no duh you're comparing a much more expensive laptop to a cheapo 200$ laptop. Then he counters that apparently "Windows isn't optimized like Mac's are so that's why Mac's are better". Obviously I had to debunk that immediately and tell him that no, that isn't how it works and that his much more expensive Macbook had better components than my really cheap 200$ HP Stream (He was comparing a 15w i5 to a god damn 4w Celeron). I mean he is so full of crap I wouldnt be able to put it all down here without paragraphs long. He basicly wasted my entire class time arguing with him though so im kinda sad now :( 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

53 minutes ago, silentprototipe said:

Ohh god I had to experience the iSheep in its natural habitat. So there's this guy in my class who is a HUGE Apple fanboy. So what's the issue with that as long as he isn't bothering anyone? Well I was playing a game that ran like crap on my 200$ HP Stream. He came over and claimed that his Macbook (like 2015 lol) was better than my laptop (No shit) and it would crush any laptop....I replied with well no duh you're comparing a much more expensive laptop to a cheapo 200$ laptop. Then he counters that apparently "Windows isn't optimized like Mac's are so that's why Mac's are better". Obviously I had to debunk that immediately and tell him that no, that isn't how it works and that his much more expensive Macbook had better components than my really cheap 200$ HP Stream (He was comparing a 15w i5 to a god damn 4w Celeron). I mean he is so full of crap I wouldnt be able to put it all down here without paragraphs long. He basicly wasted my entire class time arguing with him though so im kinda sad now :( 

This $1000 mac is better than a $200 PC

"IT MUST MEAN WINDOWS IS WORSE THAN MACOS"

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 hour ago, silentprototipe said:

You're certainly right, but I think the point that he was trying to make was that Macs may have better HW/SW integration.  No doubt (almost) any more expensive piece of hardware will offer better performance than one that costs less.  It sounds like they were just trying to get a reaction out of you anyway.

2 hours ago, Jake3231 said:

You're certainly right, but I think the point that he was trying to make was that Macs may have better HW/SW integration.  No doubt (almost) any more expensive piece of hardware will offer better performance than one that costs less.  It sounds like they were just trying to get a reaction out of you anyway.

Yeah, I guess thats true. I got slightly annoyed though thats for sure. Now I have to do the assignment I had to do that class thanks to that idiot wasting my time though :( 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

On 5/29/2017 at 10:25 AM, Eibe said:

Him - "Streaming movies from websites does not use bandwidth as you are not downloading anything, you are just watching from the server"

Me - "You are actually downloading data, even if the player is on a webpage"

Him - "I don't believe you"

Me - *facepalm*

A former roommate tried to pull off the same excuse. I didn't want to explain to him what 1 download is and 2 data is saved somewhere on the computer. As long as he wasn't getting the internet shut down because the copyright holder was flagging our ISP, I just wanted to avoid that battle.

2 hours ago, silentprototipe said:

Yeah, I guess thats true. I got slightly annoyed though thats for sure. Now I have to do the assignment I had to do that class thanks to that idiot wasting my time though :( 

Just let iSheep have their cake. Then come back here with their tales of how much better Macs are :)

39 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

A former roommate tried to pull off the same excuse. I didn't want to explain to him what 1 download is and 2 data is saved somewhere on the computer. As long as he wasn't getting the internet shut down because the copyright holder was flagging our ISP, I just wanted to avoid that battle.

Just let iSheep have their cake. Then come back here with their tales of how much better Macs are :)

xD sure will

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

4 minutes ago, ScootsMcgoots said:

My least favorite thing is when people refer to a single component as the entire computer.  IE referring the entire PC as a cpu or thinking the actual computer is contained in the monitor. 

Sadly, when asked to restart their PC, users closing and then opening their monitor isn't as rare as you would hope!

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

16 minutes ago, ScootsMcgoots said:

My least favorite thing is when people refer to a single component as the entire computer.  IE referring the entire PC as a cpu or thinking the actual computer is contained in the monitor. 

Well, if you're talking about an iMac or any AIO, the monitor is an actual computer. And given the prevalence of iMacs...

2 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

MacOS > windows, come back when windows doesn't complain about me running out of ram (8gb used out of 32, DDR3 1600 need to update signature, 64gb paging file on HDD)

Yes, hackintosh

9 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Well, if you're talking about an iMac or any AIO, the monitor is an actual computer. And given the prevalence of iMacs...

None. The only place that has a Mac is my school, and other than that I've never seen another Mac (excluding laptops)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

iMacs and Apple computers in general have a lot of product placement in TV shows and movies.

True, but I really hope that doesn't affect anyone's choice in computer choice. 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.