Experiences with non-techies

5 minutes ago, crzyces said:

That thing looks like a monster from an old sci-fi movie. I'm gonna have nightmares now *ducks away from attacking cable...*

you dont want to see my computer if you cant take that. its worse.... all computer builds i have done and sold off i have done nice cablemanagement to the extent possible and so the same with my main one but there is just no other way to put the cables -_- there is 0 cable management space and the other sidepanel is rivitet ot the frame :/

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

21 minutes ago, crzyces said:

That thing looks like a monster from an old sci-fi movie. I'm gonna have nightmares now *ducks away from attacking cable...*

image.thumb.jpeg.2c90955ae9e75713c8d3c5e3c14a5406.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f88f7200f2c3af05655003a1e20c8acd.jpeg

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

you dont want to see my computer if you cant take that. its worse.... all computer builds i have done and sold off i have done nice cablemanagement to the extent possible and so the same with my main one but there is just no other way to put the cables -_- there is 0 cable management space and the other sidepanel is rivitet ot the frame :/

haha., don't even try Me

16 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

oh yah, forgot about that. that might be another reason Vegas is crashing on you lol.

nope. :( 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

8 minutes ago, themctipers said:

image.thumb.jpeg.2c90955ae9e75713c8d3c5e3c14a5406.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.f88f7200f2c3af05655003a1e20c8acd.jpeg

haha., don't even try Me

nope. :( 

@Bananasplit_00

Those two should have it out. Like battle bots, Godzilla vs. Mothra, gamers against Anita...no that last one is too brutal.

There is enough youth in this world, how about a fountain of smart?

6 minutes ago, crzyces said:

@Bananasplit_00

Those two should have it out. Like battle bots, Godzilla vs. Mothra, gamers against Anita...no that last one is too brutal.

tipers vs banana 

who has the worst looking pc

ill start. before I cleaned up my PC, it was in the hands of a smoker. 

For 3 years. That didn't clean the PC 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

10 minutes ago, themctipers said:

tipers vs banana 

i buy most of my computer components from 50+ yo chainsmokers so they all tend to smell like it. the MB Air i traded one of my computers for smells like weed and is stolen.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i buy most of my computer components from 50+ yo chainsmokers so they all tend to smell like it. the MB Air i traded one of my computers for smells like weed and is stolen.

I don't even have a MacBook, and I've never owned one

check

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

What did you think when you found out that A: it smells like weed and B: it was stolen?

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

1 hour ago, Jamiec1130 said:

What did you think when you found out that A: it smells like weed and B: it was stolen?

The first thing that would go through my head would have been. "Should I switch the cpu out right away, because the motherboard is obviously fried."

"Hmm, did he use Linus' method of fixing the G.P.U.? This thing is baked!"Good Fun! Or Bad Pun! Either or :o...

19 hours ago, rn8686 said:

To be fair, coolers typically include their own thermal compound (May not be the best on the market, but gets the job done). 

The one he had doesn't though 

12 hours ago, Factory OC said:

It's also Afrikaans.

And Dutch :P but part of Afrikaans is based on that so makes sense 

10 hours ago, themctipers said:

tipers vs banana 

Ohhh gooood...

I saw what a exhaust vent did to a wall at my new place the person before me smoked inside... don't event want to know the inside of those poor PC's that have a smoker as owner. 

9 hours ago, themctipers said:

I don't even have a MacBook, and I've never owned one

check

i wont after today either, was going to sell it to my mom if it worked, she wanted it.

9 hours ago, Jamiec1130 said:

the dudes entire house smelled like weed so i couldent tell before i got home but the stolen bit and dead battery pissed me off. im sorting that shit out today anyway.

7 hours ago, crzyces said:

The first thing that would go through my head would have been. "Should I switch the cpu out right away, because the motherboard is obviously fried."

"Hmm, did he use Linus' method of fixing the G.P.U.? This thing is baked!"Good Fun! Or Bad Pun! Either or :o...

works fine exept for the battery which is dead.

1 hour ago, NLD1st said:

And Dutch :P but part of Afrikaans is based on that so makes sense 

Ohhh gooood...

I saw what a exhaust vent did to a wall at my new place the person before me smoked inside... don't event want to know the inside of those poor PC's that have a smoker as owner. 

ever seen a motherboard covered in tobaco? i have... ;-;

Builds:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i wont after today either, was going to sell it to my mom if it worked, she wanted it.

the dudes entire house smelled like weed so i couldent tell before i got home but the stolen bit and dead battery pissed me off. im sorting that shit out today anyway.

works fine exept for the battery which is dead.

ever seen a motherboard covered in tobaco? i have... ;-;

You guys are lucky. When I was younger everyone smoked. Not just restaurants and malls, but on buses (all my school bus drivers smoked, 5 years old-16 when I got my license), you could smoke on planes, and almost everyone did, you'd have the flu, be hacking up a lung at 9 years old in a pediatrician's waiting room filled with people smoking, then the doc would come in, tell you to stick out your tongue with a depressor in one hand and a cig in the other. In 9th grade(14 for me) we could have our parents sign a paper saying we could smoke at school in the courtyard, parking lot, sports fields (pretty much anywhere outside) between classes, at lunch, during free or study periods. It was impossible not to smell like smoke.

I would guess 8 out of every 10 people I knew over 13 smoked at least 10 cigarettes per day.

1 hour ago, crzyces said:

You guys are lucky. When I was younger everyone smoked. Not just restaurants and malls, but on buses (all my school bus drivers smoked, 5 years old-16 when I got my license), you could smoke on planes, and almost everyone did, you'd have the flu, be hacking up a lung at 9 years old in a pediatrician's waiting room filled with people smoking, then the doc would come in, tell you to stick out your tongue with a depressor in one hand and a cig in the other. In 9th grade(14 for me) we could have our parents sign a paper saying we could smoke at school in the courtyard, parking lot, sports fields (pretty much anywhere outside) between classes, at lunch, during free or study periods. It was impossible not to smell like smoke.

I would guess 8 out of every 10 people I knew over 13 smoked at least 10 cigarettes per day.

Shit when was this and where was this.

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

3 hours ago, crzyces said:

Ewwwwwww...    I can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke...    Just yesterday I stopped at a red traffic light and in the right lane (I was in the middle lane) was some woman with her driver side window rolled down and a cigarette in her hand.  A few seconds later I start smelling cigarette smoke in the car.  Thankfully a few seconds later the light changed green and after I continued on my way the smell dissipated before too long. 

3 hours ago, crzyces said:

damn, not nearly as bad now :/ 

1 hour ago, DeezNoNos said:

before tobaco companies stoped being able to deny that they cancer sticks were fucking lethal

Builds:

Spoiler

13 hours ago, DeezNoNos said:

This would have been pretty standard anywhere in the US until the mid late 1990's. From Cali, too Florida, too Mass and RI where I am now. It wasn't until 2004 they stopped smoking in restaurants, then in 05 I believe they made people at bars/clubs/sporting events go to designated outdoor areas.

The further south on the east coast US the more Lax the rules get. ei if you are flying from NY and have a layover in, idk, North Carolina, they have areas inside the airport you can smoke. Restaurants have smoking and non smoking sections (There is no divider, just a different side of the room. Works great. When I was in New Orleans a couple years back you could smoke in most bars and restaurants UNLESS they had a no smoking section. The rules are all weird. I know liquor kills more people than any other drug in the world, but if you aren't driving, the chances of you killing someone else 25 years from now are quite slim.

Smoking in a car with the Windows open is no big deal to me, as long as there are no kids in the car. Kids lungs are still forming until 14-16 years old, and younger children (like I was) don't need to end up with scarred lungs for life because they are in a house/car/any semi-enclosed space with people who don't care. I'm glad kids no longer think smoking is "Cool", and 9 out of 10 adults I know over 25 wish they could quit. Some try, some don't. Maybe 1 out of every 50 that says they are going to quit actually quit. Still, it is a good sign and shows how far we've actually come in roughly a decade. I'd say just make it illegal, but this whole Freedom thing that gives us so much kinda makes that hypocritical.

Not keen on living in a world where anything that could be bad for us is taken away; ei we start living off of water and nutritional paste.

59183f3a775fa_Screenshot2017-05-1413_26_37.png.fc65e9ae0f3b6879f9a72760c2256a9a.png

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

1 hour ago, matrix07012 said:

59183f3a775fa_Screenshot2017-05-1413_26_37.png.fc65e9ae0f3b6879f9a72760c2256a9a.png

what is the game in question? 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Just now, Space Reptile said:

what is the game in question? 

Tower Unite

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

2 hours ago, matrix07012 said:

lmao I'm done 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

ow6zDk3.png.6db1473993f4170d3dcd6902281621ce.png

Spoiler

Retired:

1 minute ago, matrix07012 said:

How the hell is 5fps enough. wtf.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Spoiler

Retired:

1 hour ago, matrix07012 said:

this is how a human beeing that has never seen 144Hz thinks

Builds:

Spoiler