Experiences with non-techies

1 minute ago, DeezNoNos said:

7600 and not 1600? *sigh*

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

Just now, DocSwag said:

7600 and not 1600? *sigh*

It gets worse

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

1 hour ago, ArduinoBen said:

Well, one very generic and common one, we all have experienced, are all the wannabe techies.  They say "GB" not "Gigs", only know RAM amount, only know i5 and i7, so no Ryzen or K series U series HQ CPUs anytime soon, and, worst of all they don't know what GPUs are.  When I say, "get the 15" MBP if you really want a semi-powerful Apple (what did you expect), it has a discrete GPU".  They just say, dude, CPUs are better than GPUs, that's why they are so popular, I'll go with a CPU instead.  *Facepalm.

Legit two kids in my class who everyone thinks they know alot about tech meanwhile I quizzed them and... lets just say one of them thought that people were complaining about the GTX 1080ti because it didn't have a VGA port... and he just said the one you screw in, so he may have meant dvi...

2 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Legit two kids in my class who everyone thinks they know alot about tech meanwhile I quizzed them and... lets just say one of them thought that people were complaining about the GTX 1080ti because it didn't have a VGA port... and he just said the one you screw in, so he may have meant dvi...

WOW

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

16 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

It gets worse

Ikr, $250 on psu, case, and cooler. Get a 1600 instead and use stock, get a $60 case instead, and a $50 psu instead. Now use that extra money on a 1070.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

Just now, DeezNoNos said:

WOW

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And the other one said that his friend got a 5000 dollar alienware and paid him 6000 to build it. Yea sureeeee, and there are monkeys flying outside... 

2 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

And the other one said that his friend got a 5000 dollar alienware and paid him 6000 to build it. Yea sureeeee, and there are monkeys flying outside... 

Plus he thinks android is the worst phone and that anything but iPhones and Samsungs are wannabes (well everyone in my class thinks that and most are Apple fanboys) which if you knew anything about tech you would know that android is superior in many ways (so is Apple though, I'm just saying that just cause it isn't an iPhone that doesn't make it trash)

12 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Ikr, $250 on psu, case, and cooler. Get a 1600 instead and use stock, get a $60 case instead, and a $50 psu instead. Now use that extra money on a 1070.

I agree. And I hope this is a joke

Build

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

I have a friend like that. OH GOD spend $2500 on Alienware 17inch with a R9 M290. 

Build

Spoiler

28 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

that is definatly needed here. thats a really shitty build. the build guide is fine but its like Linus dosent know the hardware of today... i really hope people dont get this for their $1000.... like when i saw that i was like cool, its going to be a R5 1600 and a 1070 right Linus? RIGHT?????? and nope, locked I5 with an overkill cooler and PSU... beQuiet got the best of him or something i hope because thats not how you spend $1000 on a computer. the fire wasent even fun as a joke after the IO plate when i did find it funny but then it was just like over, and over, and over again.... like im not sure what i find the worst about the video, that Linus fucked the budget so hard or the fact that someone is going to watch this and think "wow, this is how you build an awesome computer because Linus said it!". i have great respect for the guy, the chanel and the comunity but i cant agree with anything in this build.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

that is definatly needed here. thats a really shitty build. the build guide is fine but its like Linus dosent know the hardware of today... i really hope people dont get this for their $1000.... like when i saw that i was like cool, its going to be a R5 1600 and a 1070 right Linus? RIGHT?????? and nope, locked I5 with an overkill cooler and PSU... beQuiet got the best of him or something i hope because thats not how you spend $1000 on a computer. the fire wasent even fun as a joke after the IO plate when i did find it funny but then it was just like over, and over, and over again.... like im not sure what i find the worst about the video, that Linus fucked the budget so hard or the fact that someone is going to watch this and think "wow, this is how you build an awesome computer because Linus said it!". i have great respect for the guy, the chanel and the comunity but i cant agree with anything in this build.

And now some people are gonna waste a ton of money on this when they coulda got 50% higher performance :/ 

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Seen that LTT is is so huge there will be some newbie who ONLY knows LTT and will follow this guide. Like I mean he is the BIGGEST tech youtuber and that DOES come with some responsibility. I swear I feel for the guy who does not know better or scroll down to the comment section and just build that....OH GOD

Build

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

I LOVE when someone asking for a game suggestion and didnt tell them their specs and then people start suggesting a freakin AAA title turns out he has a laptop with intel hd graphic.

or when they mentioned their specs with whoping 12Gb of vram and it was their aprox total memory :P

This one is a bit annoying when the seller being exaggerated.

One day i was browsing on a mall and someone was buying a graphics card to play battlefield 1.

The seller says what is the requirements " owh it says min 2Gb of graphic memory "

Okay then *picking one gpu from the shelf " this should be more than enough to play the game "

Will this enough to play it?

Of course of course its the latest gpu from nvidia it has 2Gb of video memory and it support directx 12, it doesnt even require any gpu power connector.

How much is this?

$80

then i'ill take this one.

Okay thank you and enjoy your game..

*Yes it was GT 730 poor guy.

I would have stopped him right there and told the guy to buy a RX470 or something.

Build

Spoiler

1 minute ago, DeezNoNos said:

Seen that LTT is is so huge there will be some newbie who ONLY knows LTT and will follow this guide. Like I mean he is the BIGGEST tech youtuber and that DOES come with some responsibility. I swear I feel for the guy who does not know better or scroll down to the comment section and just build that....OH GOD

i had someone reply to my coment on the video with something like: "BUT INTEL HAS GOOD IPC AND GAMES ONLY NEED 4 CORES THIS IS GOOD VALUE!!!" IIRC... cant bother looking around for it now... there is so much shit, like someone told me that the 1500x was shit value, which it kind of is, when the discusion never brought it up and he used it to debunk everything said there because just that chip is bad value so all Ryzen has to be... youtube coments make me want to quit tech almost

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

i had someone reply to my coment on the video with something like: "BUT INTEL HAS GOOD IPC AND GAMES ONLY NEED 4 CORES THIS IS GOOD VALUE!!!" IIRC... cant bother looking around for it now... there is so much shit, like someone told me that the 1500x was shit value, which it kind of is, when the discusion never brought it up and he used it to debunk everything said there because just that chip is bad value so all Ryzen has to be... youtube coments make me want to quit tech almost

That is why I hang out here. Where fanboyism will get you banned.

Build

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

I would love too but then i will have to explain some misconception the seller made and not all of the people will be comfortable with it and if i did it will make the reputation of that store bad (which is i loved to by the way) and i will be hated

and then we will start an argument yada yada yada...

its just not worth it.

and NEVER i say NEVER underestimated the power of the normies especially when they are in a large number.

On top of that i am with my sister that day carrying all her goodies and have to follow her everywhere she goes..so yeah even if i want to i probably didnt have a time for that.

I am a man who always try to avoid some argument.

Oh well....

Build

Spoiler

By god what the hell. Of all the people calling Linus a shill. This is the first time I actually believe it. 

In the comments it is also said that is was filmed pre ryzen 5. At least have a disclaimer. 

Build

Spoiler

29 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

By god what the hell. Of all the people calling Linus a shill. This is the first time I actually believe it. 

In the comments it is also said that is was filmed pre ryzen 5. At least have a disclaimer. 

They had a disclaimer saying the 580 is out, so they should have one for Ryzen 5...

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

They had a disclaimer saying the 580 is out, so they should have one for Ryzen 5...

i saw none

Build

Spoiler

Just now, DeezNoNos said:

i saw none

Saw somewhere else someone saying they did, so idk. Were you watching on mobile?

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

@DeezNoNos Just checked and at 9:33 they have a disclaimer in the video itself.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

@DeezNoNos Just checked and at 9:33 they have a disclaimer in the video itself.

And for ryzen?

Build

Spoiler

On 4/28/2017 at 0:10 PM, Godlygamer23 said:

If that would've happened, I imagine news headlines would be abound about how the Internet was non-functional for a certain amount of time. And even so, "switching off the Internet connection" is as simple as unplugging the modem, or depending on the configuration, the router. 

boi its just a joke. read the name of the forum. plus, they're 11 year old idiots who don't know how not to be cancerous.