Will GTA V work on a core i3?

Benjiman46

As the title states really!

I've read rumours that the game will not even function on any dual core, but with an i3 having 4 threads, people have said it could work; so now the game is out, has anyone actually managed to install and play it? If so, what's the experience like? :)

I myself have an i5 4690K and a GTX 970, so the question isn't for me, I'm building my other half a budget gaming rig and want the best performance per £/$ possible :)

Thanks!

Can't you wait couple more days until someone posts a performance video on i3 on youtube? God damn it last 3 weeks only people asking will this setup run gta 5, what performance will I get with this and so on spamming entire forum. Just wait couple of days and look on youtube :/ asking a question about performance when game is barely out ugh

Can't you wait couple more days until someone posts a performance video on i3 on youtube? God damn it last 3 weeks only people asking will this setup run gta 5, what performance will I get with this and so on spamming entire forum. Just wait couple of days and look on youtube :/ asking a question about performance when game is barely out ugh

No lol, the idea of a forum is to ask questions, some people keep asking the same question but when its simple like this its not hard, quit your complaining. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

No lol, the idea of a forum is to ask questions, some people keep asking the same question but when its simple like this its not hard, quit your complaining. 

+1! See the thing with the internet is when someone does a google search, this thread will pop up in the search results, helping someone else with the same question. The game is out now, I bet someone will have already tried it, and that's the question I have :) 

which i3? 4xxx should work with no problems

I'm looking at the 4160, but "should" work isn't definite lol people have said it needs 4 full cores and an i3 won't work at all, because the minimum system specs is a Q6600 quad core and their attitude is "Why would they state an old donkey processor like that if a cheaper, more modern dual core would run it better" it's all speculation though at the minute until someone says they've successfully run it.

I'm looking at the 4160, but "should" work isn't definite lol people have said it needs 4 full cores and an i3 won't work at all, because the minimus system specs is a Q6600 quad core and their attitude is "Why would they state an old donkey processor like that if a cheaper, more modern dual core would run it better" it's all speculation though at the minute until someone says they've successfully run it.

I would say its like AW where an i3 still worked cause it had 4 threads, but not 100%

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

No reports yet, can't give you a certain answer unfortunately. Theoretically, yes, absolutely. In practice, we know what happened with far cry 4... the game runs just fine, except it was artificially locked not to work on it.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

When you consider how delayed the game has been it should now be perfectly optimised for the pc. Thank you console players for Beta testing. :)

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

You should be all good with a newer model i3, it will outperform the Core 2 Quads which was listed in the minimum system requirements. GTA 4 was quite CPU intensive, but it was well optimized so it ran well even on lower end CPU', so I hope GTA 5 is like that.

I'm looking at the 4160, but "should" work isn't definite lol people have said it needs 4 full cores and an i3 won't work at all, because the minimum system specs is a Q6600 quad core and their attitude is "Why would they state an old donkey processor like that if a cheaper, more modern dual core would run it better" it's all speculation though at the minute until someone says they've successfully run it.

dunno about gta, but i play FarCry4, Unity, and all the AAA new games at ultra with my i3 4160 at 1080p with no problems

I think GTA5 will be no different

You should be all good with a newer model i3, it will outperform the Core 2 Quads which was listed in the minimum system requirements. GTA 4 was quite CPU intensive, but it was well optimized so it ran well even on lower end CPU', so I hope GTA 5 is like that.

Gta 4 was well optimised? Which gta 4 were you playing? lmao hopefully the i3 will be able to run GTA 5 because it's right in our price range, the only other option really is the pentium G3258 but that's a proper old skool dual core... So if anyone has successfully run GTA on that, I'll be all over it like a tramp to chips B)

dunno about gta, but i play FarCry4, Unity, and all the AAA new games at ultra with my i3 4160 at 1080p with no problems

I think GTA5 will be no different

Did Far Cry 4 require a crack to get it running on that processor? I used one of those for the PC we built for a friend.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Did Far Cry 4 require a crack to get it running on that processor? I used one of those for the PC we built for a friend.

Not necessarily, but with a crack it was much easier.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Gta 4 was well optimised? Which gta 4 were you playing? lmao hopefully the i3 will be able to run GTA 5 because it's right in our price range, the only other option really is the pentium G3258 but that's a proper old skool dual core... So if anyone has successfully run GTA on that, I'll be all over it like a tramp to chips B)

Ooops worded that wrong. By itself GTA 4 was a pretty poorly optimized game, but some mods and ENB's could improve a lot of the performance, to where it could almost run on anything.

Yes there are benchmarks from i3 processors already :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I had Proper version from Reloaded

i3 will run it beautifully on nearly ultra-if the GPU can handle it. I'm running on a FX-6300 nearly perfect FPS and the i3 should be about the same if not a little better. Especially in multiplayer, it takes a lot of strain off the CPU. Draw distance to 75% also helps

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)

guys i using i3 530@2.93GHZ  cpu.

planning to install AMD 260X 2 GB GPU AND 4GB RAM.

BT WOULD I BE ABLE TO RUN THE GAME WID THIS CPU?

PLZ SUGGEST.THANKS

I'd be very interested to know what "Minimum Requirement" specifications actually make the game look like. I've seen someone else's screenshot of it on their machine, and it looks like a damn PlayStation 1 game.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

As the title states really!

I've read rumours that the game will not even function on any dual core, but with an i3 having 4 threads, people have said it could work; so now the game is out, has anyone actually managed to install and play it? If so, what's the experience like? :)

I myself have an i5 4690K and a GTX 970, so the question isn't for me, I'm building my other half a budget gaming rig and want the best performance per £/$ possible :)

Thanks!

Answer is yes.It works. Seems to work just fine..

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz