Random FPS drops during gaming, PC restart fixes issue

Guys hi there! I will be direct to the point here cause' I think it's not only me that has/had this issue, 

"My fps drops dramatically from 90~100 to 20~40 like rekt"

Games affected are: team fortress 2, dota 2, cs: global offensive, league of legends and dead island epidemic.

But I believe we need to focus on the steam/valve titles first if we fix this we basically fix everything so.

Specs are:

windows 7~64bit ultimate sp1

Core i3 - 4160 @ 3.6ghz (non-overclocked)

GA-H97M-D3H

G.skill ripjawsX (XMP cl9-9-9-24 is activated no voltage overclocks cause' xmp does that automatically anyway)

[RipjawsX] F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL   DDR3-1600 (PC3-12800) 
8GB (4GBx2)
CL9-9-9-24
1.50 Volt

HDD WD blue 7200 rpm

ASUS DVD-R combo RW drive 

AMD Graphics (Sapphire r7 250X 1GB gddr5) (non-overclocked)

PSU thermal master by cooler master 500w

and a 500w IVR 

Here's what I've tried so far: 

updated windows and drivers ~ check!

checked internal components for dust and residue ~ check!

checked temps while gaming ranges 49~60C/64C and 39~40C at idle room temps ~ check! (I supposed to be very well under Tcase values)

Bitdefender antivirus 2015 installed ~ check! (but I don't know is to whether it causes the issue or not)(please help. autopilot active)

Running every game on max settings ~ check! cause graphics card can handle it fine (but I'm not sure if running all max settings can cause these fps drops) please help.

dust issues ~ check! this is a new pc barely 3 months old but is still checked hsf no bulging residue or dust.

thermal issues ~ check! I installed and oiled all case fans accordingly thermal reading show below Tcase temp values which is good even in gaming. 

Check voltages ~ still in progress I have little knowledge in checking voltage anomalies from the psu. please help.

defragged and left only the minimum startup at msconfig excluding(not touching ms services) left bitdefender on at all times in auto pilot and noticed game profile is on when gaming steam client bootstrap and services are on at msconfig startup. 

and finally, a re-launch of apps does not fix fps drops across all games, but a full restart will, and I notice on some startups bios starts slow delaying the bios beep and can take a full 2 minutes and some seconds to get you to the windows login screen "note: when this slow startup issue happens the fps drops will occur" 

Any ideas friends? any tips? please help. I will greatly with all my heart accept any advises  with gratitude.

at normal state w/out the issues happening 

LOL is at 180+ fps at max 1600x900 resolutions 75hz screen

CS:GO  is at 140+ fps at max 1600x900 resolutions 75hz screen

DOTA 2 is at 95+ fps at max 1600x900 resolutions 75hz screen

and TF2 is at 140+ fps at max 1600x900 resolutions 75hz screen

checked wiring everything is plugged in hard made sure that connections are pushed - in so tight at cpu component level.

Any ideas friends? any tips? please help. I will greatly with all my heart accept any advises  with gratitude.

I got an idea, run resource monitor and keep an eye on the memory useage (it comes with windows, so no download needed)

If the bar with memory use gets completely green, you have a memory leak, caused by a program.

Check it when you get lag.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I got an idea, run resource monitor and keep an eye on the memory useage (it comes with windows, so no download needed)

If the bar with memory use gets completely green, you have a memory leak, caused by a program.

Check it when you get lag.

thanks sam!  when I do find a leak in the memory should I just turn off xmp or does that help any?

thanks sam!  when I do find a leak in the memory should I just turn off xmp or does that help any?

Resource monitor to the rescue! :D

Check what program uses the most ram at that time, above the bar there's a list with all the programs that use ram.

Stuff like xmp or whatever don't help with memory leaks.

I think it's just a software issue because the pc works fine for a while.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Resource monitor to the rescue! :D

Check what program uses the most ram at that time, above the bar there's a list with all the programs that use ram.

Stuff like xmp or whatever don't help with memory leaks.

I think it's just a software issue because the pc works fine for a while.

Oh Yeah! thank you very much sam! I'm at work I'll tinker with that idea when I get home did you have this issue before? I trust you so much that I want to go home right now! lolz! hahahaah also did a memtest86 on both ram modules individually no errors or conflicts found.

Oh Yeah! thank you very much sam! I'm at work I'll tinker with that idea when I get home did you have this issue before? I trust you so much that I want to go home right now! lolz! hahahaah also did a memtest86 on both ram modules individually no errors or conflicts found.

Oh and sometimes it happens on a startup or in-game but sometimes no. It does happen very randomly or never happen at all. Which whacks me out of my mind. thanks again sam I'll check that memory usage under system resource monitor.

Don't get too happy, it's just an option. It might be something else :P But there are still some options after that.

I have seen multiple times what happens when a pc runs out of memory, and it looks similar with your problem.

My pc personally never had that issue. Well i had that issue once with watch_dogs, but that's just because it's a bad port.

It takes a while for 8GB to fill up soo :P If you want to go extreme, run with 4GB of ram, and the problem should appear a lot faster, or even instant.

If that's the case, you can be very very sure it's a memory leak somewhere.

Also, just wondering, do you have always a browser running with a lot of tabs?

I close out of everything before entering the world of gaming! hahahaha :D and no other tabs open just the steam bootstrap and the game itself with bitdefender running in the background.

Don't get too happy, it's just an option. It might be something else :P But there are still some options after that.

I have seen multiple times what happens when a pc runs out of memory, and it looks similar with your problem.

My pc personally never had that issue. Well i had that issue once with watch_dogs, but that's just because it's a bad port.

It takes a while for 8GB to fill up soo :P If you want to go extreme, run with 4GB of ram, and the problem should appear a lot faster, or even instant.

I close out of everything before entering the world of gaming! hahahaha  :D and no other tabs open just the steam bootstrap and the game itself with bitdefender running in the background.

I close out of everything before entering the world of gaming! hahahaha  :D and no other tabs open just the steam bootstrap and the game itself with bitdefender running in the background.

i noticed earlier today that my cpu usage does not go even over 40 or 50 % during gaming i believe that even my cpu is an i3 it eats the shit out of my games makes cpu intensive games by valve run at a max like a walk in the park. but what  did not notice was the memory usage so i'll check on it.

just in case I do have a memory leak somewhere sam, what should I do replace the mobo or the memory modules?

bump fellow steam gamers (steamers) ~ thanks!

bump fellow steam gamers (steamers) ~ thanks!

:ph34r:

I got it or I think I did! ~ when I do find a memory leak somewhere one way of fixing it would be to rule out the program that eats the most ram at that very lagging moment by uninstalling or restricting  it to run ~ <_<  is this right? or waaaaaah bump. :huh:

just in case I do have a memory leak somewhere sam, what should I do replace the mobo or the memory modules?

As i said, memory leaks are software based, they have nothing to do with the hardware itself.

If there is a memory leak, a reinstall of windows is a guarantee solution.

I got it or I think I did! ~ when I do find a memory leak somewhere one way of fixing it would be to rule out the program that eats the most ram at that very lagging moment by uninstalling or restricting  it to run ~ <_<  is this right? or waaaaaah bump. :huh:

That should be the solution, unless it's the game itself, which will mean there's something else wrong.

If you can't find it, reinstall windows.

to follow up on the fps drops ~ games happen like laaag 1 frame delay and another with 30 ms frame delays. in 10 ms increments. Sort of like micro stutters laaag edition lolz.

Turn of Autopilot in Bitdefender. This won't solve the problem probably but Autopilot is not really a great working feature in Bitdefender.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

fingers crossed thanks sam the best precise answers i ever got! commend this guy > samcool55

Turn of Autopilot in Bitdefender. This won't solve the problem probably but Autopilot is not really a great working feature in Bitdefender.

being said vortex are there any other drawbacks of bitdefender what mode should I use?

bump.

or should i disable speedstep? hmmmm... :huh:

feel free to post ideas guys thanks!  :lol: