How does this look for just casual gaming?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/mgJ8wP

My uncle got into dota and heros of the storm and becuase it is a huge FPS (on xbox) fan ill show him CSGO.

So what do you guys think of it? think it will be fine?

FX 6300 -> i3

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

do you mean >

An i3 will perform better than that fx6300

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

My uncle got into dota and heros of the storm and becuase it is a huge FPS (on xbox) fan ill show him CSGO.

You can get an i5 4440 + an Asus H81M-K for the same price of that amd combo

LianLi A71F Fulltower - i7 3770k delided + Corsair H60 - G.Skill Ripjaws 16 Gb @2133 Mhz - Sabertooth Z77 - Asrock Vega 56 - Asus Xonar Essence STX - Creative SoundBlaster Omni - 2x Corsair Force GT 120 Gb - 2x WD Green 2 Tb - 1x WD Blue 2 Tb - Corsair K70 w/ Red switches - Logitech MX Anywhere 2.

will i need a bios update?

Nope, 4440 is haswell, not refresh.  A refresh one will require a more expensive motherboard or access to a cpu to update the H81M

LianLi A71F Fulltower - i7 3770k delided + Corsair H60 - G.Skill Ripjaws 16 Gb @2133 Mhz - Sabertooth Z77 - Asrock Vega 56 - Asus Xonar Essence STX - Creative SoundBlaster Omni - 2x Corsair Force GT 120 Gb - 2x WD Green 2 Tb - 1x WD Blue 2 Tb - Corsair K70 w/ Red switches - Logitech MX Anywhere 2.

It'll do for both of the games you listed, but get a g3258 and a z97 and overclock it to hell. Bam you basically got a 2 core 4970k.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

It'll do for both of the games you listed, but get a g3258 and a z97 and overclock it to hell. Bam you basically got a 2 core 4970k.

Uhhhh. No, I wouldn't want to run anything on my computer on two cores, my eight threads do well. I3 is better. A nicely over clocked g3258 isn't even garaunteed.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Uhhhh. No, I wouldn't want to run anything on my computer on two cores, my eight threads do well. I3 is better. A nicely over clocked g3258 isn't even garaunteed.

No it's not 'garaunted' but the price:performance ratio is really great. 68 dollars for something with potential? Also, you don't need 8 cores to run dota nor HON. Trust me, I play both daily on my Dell Laptop. 

This:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($173.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($58.98 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Raidmax Vortex ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $632.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-12 23:52 EDT-0400

No it's not 'garaunted' but the price:performance ratio is really great. 68 dollars for something with potential? Also, you don't need 8 cores to run dota nor HON. Trust me, I play both daily on my Dell Laptop. 

Yeah. I was actually dissapointed at how low DotA 2 would go maxed. Also it's terribly optimized for DSR or 4K. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

No, I was saying for other things. My 8 threads does very well. Not dota. I Dont play dota 2.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

This:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($173.95 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($58.98 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card  ($199.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Raidmax Vortex ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $632.38
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-12 23:52 EDT-0400

Replace the gtx 960 with a r9 280 as  it would work better in games.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

That's a decent build, but if they ever want to upgrade, it is very limiting.

With this, you are are ready to upgrade at anytime.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9xskP6

Want a new GPU to do SLI? its ready

Want a new CPU to that outperforms all AMD? its ready

Want to add some ram? its ready

Want to add SSD? its ready

Want to Overclock? its ready

The Pentium will play and run any game very well, even though it only has 2 processors, those processors are VERY strong, much stronger than the 6300.

The Pentium can overclock on the stock cooler, so you dont need aftermarket.

The board is SLI ready, and can support all the great Intel processors out.

The ram is cheap, but still good.

The EVGA card has a higher Base Clock out of the box, which makes it faster than the MSI GPU.

The build is cheaper, and has better room for upgrading, you could possible even throw a SSD in there to give some OS performance gains.

Here is some proof of the 2 cores out performing, or at least keeping up with, an 8 core AMD processor. (which of course is better than the 6300)

Some of the games allow the use of more than 2 cores, in those games the AMD did perform better. But most games only use 2 cores. The games you mentioned... only use 2 cores.

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

Yeah. I was actually dissapointed at how low DotA 2 would go maxed. Also it's terribly optimized for DSR or 4K. 

It is but source 2 is going change alot