AMD x86 16-core Zen APU detailed

ahhming

bdff5e4df5710735d8a1ecdc5dd9efcf_L.jpg

The highest end compute HSA part has up to 16 Zen x86 cores and supports 32 threads, or two threads per core. This is something we saw on Intel architectures for a while, and it seems to be working just fine. This will be the first exciting processor from the house of AMD in the server / HSA market in years, and in case AMD delivers it on time it might be a big break for the company.

Specs:

• 16 zen core (support 32 threads)
  • 512KB L2 Cache per core(8MB total L2 Cache)
  • 32MB L3 Cache
  • Greenland Graphics with up to 16GB of HMB memory @ 512GB/s

Platform Features:

• supports secure boot
  •  AMD's crypto coprocessor
  • PCIe Gen3 support ( 64 PCIe Gen 3 lanes 16 lanes of it are switchable with 2 lanes or SATA Express and 14 lanes of SATA)
  •  SATA express
  • 4-channel DDR4 supports ECC memory and speeds up to 3200 MHz
  • SODIMM, UDIMM, RDIMM, LRDIMM 2DIMMs/channel, with total capacity of 256GB per channel

The 16 Zen APU has 512 KB of L2 cache and each cluster or four Zen cores is sharing 8MB L3 cache. In case we are talking about a 16-core, 32-thread next generation Zen based x86 processor, the total amount of L2 cache gets to a whopping 8MB, backed by 32MB of L3 cache.

The platform supports secure boot and AMD's crypto coprocessor, which is important for corporate and business customers, and there is a very good chance that this processor will end up in the HSA compute market.

This new APU also comes with the Greenland Graphics and Multimedia Engine that comes with 16GB of HMB memory with 512GB/s speed packed on the interposer.

The next generation Zen based APU also comes with PCIe Gen3 support and SATA express or SATA, 1GbE support and DDR4 memory controllers in 4x72 configuration. The 4-channel DDR4 supports ECC memory and speeds up to 3200 MHz, SODIMM, UDIMM, RDIMM, LRDIMM 2DIMMs/channel, with total capacity of 256GB per channel.

The APU has 64 PCI express Gen 3 lanes, where 16 lanes are switchable with 2 lanes or SATA Express and 14 lanes of SATA. AMD is using coherent fabrics to interconnect the Zen CPU die and Greenland graphics die, and it also uses coherent fabric for inter communication between Zen die CPUs and Caches, PSP, Times, counters, ACPI or Legacy interface, GMI Physics, Combo Physics, Host Controllers like USD, SATA or GbE and Memory controllers. GMI stands for Global Memory interconnect and this is the interface between Zen die and Greenland die, or between two chips on the same multi-chip module package.
Corporate_Twitter_profile_4.jpg
Source:
http://www.fudzilla.com/news/processors/37494-amd-x86-16-core-zen-apu-detailed

*The information being reported shouldn’t be considered as official confirmation until an official announcement is made by AMD.

Another APU....

Thanks anyway

Hope its good

i also see 32 treads

so it got hypertreading too

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

i also see 32 treads

With a 99% chance of 12 core GPU

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

:blink:  :blink:  :blink:

16 core APU?!!!

oh maybe its their marketing again

12 GPU cores and 4 CPU cores

Another APU....

Thanks anyway

Hope its good

Why does it need to be an apu?

You don't see multi çore xeons with IGPU.

Do you need a apu it you want compute power?

I don't get it AMD.

i also see 32 treads

GPU compute is far more important than CPU, and with this supporting HSA, it will be super powerful. Just because its an APU doesnt mean its shit. ;)

Kudos to AMD, lets hope they can pull it off and give intel a run for their money

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I don't get it AMD.

Could be to handle multiple tasks with?

My girlfriend and I do a lot of photo and video editing and depending on the program used it can utilize either CPU or GPU.

That being said I'm happy running a Xeon and an AMD GPU in my editing rig. Might not make sense to the average user but I'm sure it's ideal for some people/businesses.

GPU compute is far more important than CPU, and with this supporting HSA, it will be super powerful. Just because its an APU doesnt mean its shit. ;)

Kudos to AMD, lets hope they can pull it off and give intel a run for their money

i dont mind if the APU is basically has the GPU power of a R9 390X xD

one can only wish  :rolleyes:

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I don't get it AMD.

HSA nuff said.

I think this is exciting and that HBM memory man.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Looks like AMD's whole "APU" marketing completely backfired lol... Now the word is instant poison in the community.

A CPU with powerful integrated graphics? Alright!

But an APU?? Blehh terrible no thanks!!

Properly programmed for though, APUs with HSA support will blow a regular CPU out of the water in computing, all the better if AMD's new x86 architecture is good :)

i dont mind if the APU is basically has the GPU power of a R9 390X xD

one can only wish  :rolleyes:

Well looking at the size of it... One true Zen core should be around as big (transistor wise) as a CMT module from Excavator. so imagine how big that GPU area is, if the CPU is basically 32 of the previous AMD cores. 

THIS IS A MONSTER....

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Greenland graphics with up to 16gb of HBM.  This thing, if this is real.. is going to be a monster, especially being HSA.  I.. really want Zen right now.  I want to see what this all can do.  Wish it were out in a few months ;-;

Looks like AMD's whole "APU" marketing completely backfired lol... Now the word is instant poison in the community.

A CPU with powerful integrated graphics? Alright!

But an APU?? Blehh terrible no thanks!!

Properly programmed for though, APUs with HSA support will blow a regular CPU out of the water in computing, all the better if AMD's new x86 architecture is good :)

Can't disagree.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

AMD .. its not hard

Make good FX series CPUs

Make good gaming GPUs

price them well

= make good products people want to buy

I agree, and I think APUs have great potential

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

AMD .. its not hard

Make good FX series CPUs

Make good gaming GPUs

price them well

= make good products people want to buy

This is a server product, like a Xeon ;) Dont worry, they will make powerful consumer CPUs as well. But they will include a GPU. Which is not a problem. i mean intel has done it for the past 4 generations

this is their chance.

Recover from bulldozer. 

Do or fucking die AMD don't disappoint me. ............

16 cores, 34 threads

SMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AMD's GOT A HYPER-THREADING COMPETITOR!

FUCK BULLDOZER I'M SO EXCITED FOR THIS

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

the problem is they could have corrected themselves when the A10-5800k was released

but NO!!!

they still churn out the A10-6800K which is only like 10% better only

and then the A10-7850K which is again 10% better only

when will they learn?...  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

wait what? 16 core APU? at first i thought it was an opteron server processor, the ultimate comeback for amd on the server market, but nah...

What's wrong with an APU ?

If they said it's a CPU with powerful iGPU would it have been better ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

the problem is they could have corrected themselves when the A10-5800k was released

but NO!!!

they still churn out the A10-6800K which is only like 10% better only

and then the A10-7850K which is again 10% better only

when will they learn?... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

What do you mean by corrected ??

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I don't get it AMD.

Intel started using FPGA with their XEON Cpus

since HSA is gaining traction this could be big

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Took the words out of my mouth, it's not like half of intels aren't apu's but no one says the same about them.

Looks good so far,  proof will be in the pudding but I am excited.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.