Thank you for not being Reddit

Barfnargle

Hey guys, ACDCGAMER here, one of the /r/buildapc moderators. This post caught my attention so I figured I'd come here and talk.

I'd like to apologize on behalf of any of the guys who pulled this kind of crap against you. The PM stuff in particular sounds really awful, although unfortunately that was outside the scope of /r/buildapc so I wasn't aware of that happening due to the nature of PMs. I'm not even sure why you got that kind of crap as honestly, your build looks great (and several other people, if the post that the other guy linked is correct, also shared that opinion with me).

As /r/buildapc has been gaining a tremendous number of subscribers over the past year or so, unfortunately the number of bad apples also rises; we've just recently implemented an automated bot to handle some of our moderating duties to reduce the number of occurrences of this kind of behavior that you were subjected to, so hopefully others don't run into the same situation that you have.

I am sorry you had a bad experience on Reddit. I noticed that your post http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/1i0063/build_complete_my_big_little_beast/

got a nice bit of upvotes(If this is indeed you) and generally nice comments. In my opinion you should report those users to the mods at /r/buildapc. But the main reason I am posting is because I would like to tell you not to let 3 people from an entire community ruin your experience on Reddit. I have been a user there for a while and usually have a nice helpful experience. It is not as bad as you make it seem. Good luck.

Hey guys, ACDCGAMER here, one of the /r/buildapc moderators. This post caught my attention so I figured I'd come here and talk.

I'd like to apologize on behalf of any of the guys who pulled this kind of crap against you. The PM stuff in particular sounds really awful, although unfortunately that was outside the scope of /r/buildapc so I wasn't aware of that happening due to the nature of PMs. I'm not even sure why you got that kind of crap as honestly, your build looks great (and several other people, if the post that the other guy linked is correct, also shared that opinion with me).

As /r/buildapc has been gaining a tremendous number of subscribers over the past year or so, unfortunately the number of bad apples also rises; we've just recently implemented an automated bot to handle some of our moderating duties to reduce the number of occurrences of this kind of behavior that you were subjected to, so hopefully others don't run into the same situation that you have.

How do you have 0 posts.

And I agree, this forum is definitely a good one. Just a little low on members maybe, but the activeness of a lot of us does help to compensate that. GG Linus

CPU: i5 4670K w/ NH-D15 - RAM: 4x4GB 1866Mhz Crucial Ballistix Tactical DDR3 - GPU: MSI GTX 970 100ME - SSD: 250GB 850 EVO - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (games) & 2TB (storage) - MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 GAMING - Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Window - Fans:  A lot of Noctua NF-F12 (intake, exhaust) & 1x140mm Fractal Design included case fan - Monitor: DELL U2515H - Keyboard: Custom Logitech G105 - Mouse: Roccat Kova+ - Extra: LG Optical Drive, a lot of dust

This is just the beginning folks.

Linusworlddominationtips

Just sayin  ;)

PC Specs: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz 1.165v, Corsair H100i + 2x SP120 PE in Pull, Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero, 8GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 1600mhz, X-fire Sapphire HD7950 3GB OC Dual X Edition, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium - Fatal1ty, 60GB OCZ Agility 3, 120GB OCZ Agility 3, 480GB Seagate 600 Series, 1TB WD Caviar Black, Corsair TX850, CM Storm Trooper, Win 7 Pro. Peripherals: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Keyboard, Logitech G700S Mouse, Sennheiser G4ME ONE Headset, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers. Phone: HTC One M8.

How do you have 0 posts.

And I agree, this forum is definitely a good one. Just a little low on members maybe, but the activeness of a lot of us does help to compensate that. GG Linus

Because I just created my account here! :P

This community is honestly the nicest and most caring bunch of people I have ever interacted with on the internet. Every one of you that I've talked to has been nice, and always supportive. As dumb as that may sound it means a lot to me, because through all the shit I go through every day, it's nice to know that for part of my free time, I can enjoy communicating with others about things we have a passion about.

As for the title of the post, I say that because I keep trying to give Reddit the credit others think they deserve as a good community, but I've come to the conclusion that they aren't. I posted my computer build to the /r/BuildAPC subreddit and immediately got shit on the parts I chose and got not one, not two, but three different PMs telling me that I was "a dumbass faggot that doesn't know shit". I do know what I'm talking about, and I do have reason behind why I build the computers I build, but to the bunch of "nice" people that Reddit is supposed to be, they certainly do not care. What they do seem to care about though is bringing people down to a low. Now there is a few subreddits that seem actually nice, but for the remaining 99% not so much.

This is just my experience, and in no way did I mean to offend any of you that are on Reddit. I'm just venting essentially :P

I feel same, but i didn't was on Reddit. i was on other Forums for example on some german forum's and when i asked like a Question? Whic to choose for Performance only "GTX A or GTX B" and i got like told whic CPu to buy and than everyone like literally verbally rapped me. i Love this Forum :)

How do you have 0 posts.

New users. I made an account to let OP know that 99% of Reddit users are not bad people. I like the Reddit community and it is not fair that 3 users are giving the sub a bad rap. 

First time i ever joined a forum.I posted a simple question on this forum i got a reply in 13 mints,every one is very kind and helpfull.Love this forum :)

+1

i5 3470 | MSI B75MA P45 | 8GB Value Ram | Plextor M5S 128GB | Sapphire 7850 | WD Blue 1TB | SF 600W Gold | CM Storm Scout II

The only place i went in reddit is funny, aww, TIL, IAMA, worldnews, frontpage. So I don't get much hate.

I'm glad you feel welcomed in this forum.

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

I love seeing posts like this. It makes me so happy to see people appreciating and enjoying the community atmosphere we have here, and I believe in the long run that will drive our new members to continue this tradition.

OUR RULER HAS SPOKENNNNN!

Getting shit on on the internet is no difference that getting shit on in the real life. Not getting shit on at all is kind of boring and unrealistic. Whether you get shit on or not, you encounter these kinds of people everywhere. It's normal, there are people like these and there's just no freaking way that you'd get away from them ALL the time. Being a community doesn't just mean that you can say what's good in the face of everyone, but also being able to say what's wrong and ugly about them without being able to act like a dick. Of course their response to it is out of your control and entirely up to them how they're going to take it (positively/negatively). Although it sounds like I'm defending reddit in my case, the truth is, this reality exists everywhere. We tend to lean on something because it's good/pretty/nice/clean, but seriously we're just tapping on the surface. Every facet of reality has this dark/douchy/assholey sense of attitude, and running away isn't just the best way to deal with it.

EDIT: I'm a regular user on /r/buildapc, and I'm sorry for all those people who have been treated in a way they didn't want to be treated. I wish you all the best of your future endeavors and cheers!

I love seeing posts like this. It makes me so happy to see people appreciating and enjoying the community atmosphere we have here, and I believe in the long run that will drive our new members to continue this tradition.

I'm excited to see what more is coming! :)

And also Mr. Tech Tips, I'm also a bit star struck atm :D

I have a laptop that sucks because I'm broke.

Please link me to your /r/buildapc thread, I am interested in why they are hating on you (not so I can hate on you too, which I would never do, just want to see the context).

Linus: Any possibly you'd host your own Tech Fair down the road? I haven't heard word on NCIX doing another one :(

Sorry, but I just deleted the thread and account. I just wanted to get away from it all for good :). As you can see in my sig, people were getting mad at me because I have a higher-end case with budget oriented components, and the fact that I am re-using parts from other builds.

... but I love my build :)

Sorry, but I just deleted the thread and account. I just wanted to get away from it all for good :). As you can see in my sig, people were getting mad at me because I have a higher-end case with budget oriented components, and the fact that I am re-using parts from other builds.

... but I love my build :)

That's really odd, I've never seen anyone on /r/buildapc, let alone any of the PC building communities, bag on anyone else for reusing parts....

That's really odd, I've never seen anyone on /r/buildapc, let alone any of the PC building communities, bag on anyone else for reusing parts....

Well then I'm really not sure what's going on. A new wave of douchebags maybe?

That my friend is the reason i also love this community very much.

When i posted my first build, i did not receive hate from people.

I received help and praise for something that was not 100% beautiful but was something i for the first time created.

And that is why i'm happy and enjoy being here  :)

OP

That my friend is the reason i also love this community very much.

When i posted my first build, i did not receive hate from people.

I received help and praise for something that was not 100% beautiful but was something i for the first time created.

And that is why i'm happy and enjoy being here  :)

OP's build is here http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/barfnargle/story/90291

I would like to say I liked your build OP. It came out pretty nice. The cable management is fantastic. Good Luck.

you are welcome, we are all like a family and i've never seen such a tightly woven positive community on the internet in all my days. So thank you brothers and sisters.

Never been on Reddit either but from what I've heard it's community is very critical (is that right, always giving non-constructive criticism). I love this community and have even managed to convince a few friends to join. :D    

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

This is actually the least toxic community in the interwebz that i know. 

Keep it up guys!

I'd love to see some pics of your build!

In my sig :)

Tried putting a post on BuildaPC and got no feedback. But when I asked this forum I got a response in a few minutes. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

This is the only forum I have ever registered for. Whenever the site goes down, it makes me sad.

And that is why I will NEVER go on Reddit. Not to mention the amazingly bad and unintuitive layout that it has...

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers