Thank you for not being Reddit

Barfnargle

Wait, this is not Reddit? I have been in the wrong place for 6 month. I better get out of here before i waste any more time.

Nah, acctually those was the exact same reasons I stopped going to Reddit. I was just tired of always being "not good enough" and always end up in a unconstructive debate. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I've never been on Reddit but now that you told me about your experiences with it I will never go their. Plus I love this forum a lot. ^_^

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I've never been on Reddit but now that you told me about your experiences with it I will never go their. Plus I love this forum a lot. ^_^

Me too :)

I have a laptop that sucks because I'm broke.

Please link me to your /r/buildapc thread, I am interested in why they are hating on you (not so I can hate on you too, which I would never do, just want to see the context).

Linus: Any possibly you'd host your own Tech Fair down the road? I haven't heard word on NCIX doing another one :(

i am an active on /r/buildapc, and i will apologize on behalf of the community there. not all of us are harsh, i regularly help people there and on other subreddits like that, and i think when people work cooperatively it is a great thing to see when they get their pc built thanks to some of us. i know sometimes people do pick bad stuff, but some of us try to address that in a meaningful and calm way. sorry again for the 5 year olds.

CPU - AMD athlon 2 x4 640 | graphics card - Palit GTX 670 (reference) | ram - corsair vengeance 4gb x1 1600mhz stick | PSU - OCZ coreXstream 500w | HDD - Seagate barracuda 1tb | DVD drive - samsung 22X dvd burner | case - cooler master elite 430 | Motherboard - ASrock n68c-gs FX | OS - Windows 7 Proffesional | Keyboard - CM Storm Quickfire TK (red) | Mouse - Razer naga | Mousemat - Steelseries QCK mini | monitor - some Goodmans 27" 720p tv

Definitely the best community I've come across. I still use Reddit because of the huge community and vast number of subreddits, but it seems like on Reddit you always have to be careful what you say, never make a mistake, and never disagree with a popular opinion, or else you will be downvoted into oblivion.

Please link me to your /r/buildapc thread, I am interested in why they are hating on you (not so I can hate on you too, which I would never do, just want to see the context).

Linus: Any possibly you'd host your own Tech Fair down the road? I haven't heard word on NCIX doing another one :(

That'd be pretty awesome of they could get companies to sponsor something like that. I'd probably spend the money to go to a LMG/LTT fair But for now, we can only dream x.x

on a related note, it is almost impossible to compare reddit to the LTT forums, unless you exclusively mean subreddits like buildapc.

CPU - AMD athlon 2 x4 640 | graphics card - Palit GTX 670 (reference) | ram - corsair vengeance 4gb x1 1600mhz stick | PSU - OCZ coreXstream 500w | HDD - Seagate barracuda 1tb | DVD drive - samsung 22X dvd burner | case - cooler master elite 430 | Motherboard - ASrock n68c-gs FX | OS - Windows 7 Proffesional | Keyboard - CM Storm Quickfire TK (red) | Mouse - Razer naga | Mousemat - Steelseries QCK mini | monitor - some Goodmans 27" 720p tv

got 2 warning posts for being a "troll"

oh well i have reddit<3 :D

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

I can agree with what you have said about /r/buildapc wholeheartedly. I stopped browsing that subreddit because their community is terrible. That being said, other subreddits like /r/mechanicalkeyboards

have an absolutely fantastic community of people willing to answer questions and help out newcomers. 

Safely said, those who belittle others simply have too small an e-peen.

Let's keep it up.

<< Yo buddy, still posting? >>

INTEL I7-3770K @ 4.5 GHz | ASUS P8Z77-V | EVGA NVIDIA GTX 780 ACX 

F-15C EAGLE | ADFX-02 MORGAN

there's somethings that reddit is good for but some places are pretty negative

edit: then again im not really a person to talk about people being dicks to each other one of my posts was the background of /r/toosoon for several months (not for the easily offended)

I feel like the fact that the forum is so technology based really weeds out the lowest common denominator.  Reddit is filled with trolls and people just lurking around for something interesting, meanwhile, over here in club cool, is a community of people genuinely interested in seeing what others have to say and very seriously want to help others resolve problems that they have.  LTT forum has exploded in popularity and, so far at least, hasn't really gained a bad crowd (which is totally friggen awesome). 

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

I have been in OCN for 4 years. it's not the nicest place in the internet but sometimes I appreciate it tbh. I'm gonna give LTT a shot. posts like these makes me wonder how is it like here in the forums

I think different environments spawn different forms of behaviour. Nobody wants to be that one bad guy on LTT. I mean on a certain tech image board I visit as a guilty pleasure I am kind of like those people on reddit. While here I try to be as courteous and respectful as possible. But yeah this is the only tech forum in the world where you can post that you run an 8350 without everyone swearing at you before you can even justify why.

I am sorry you had a bad experience on Reddit. I noticed that your post http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/1i0063/build_complete_my_big_little_beast/

got a nice bit of upvotes(If this is indeed you) and generally nice comments. In my opinion you should report those users to the mods at /r/buildapc. But the main reason I am posting is because I would like to tell you not to let 3 people from an entire community ruin your experience on Reddit. I have been a user there for a while and usually have a nice helpful experience. It is not as bad as you make it seem. Good luck.

if that was you, i just want you to know i had fun reading your build log while i was at the train station after work experience.

I don't like Reddit either... For me and my SMALL experience of it, the community just seems to detached from one another... I dunno -_- it's odd, and the LTT forum is just so awesome to be on, everyone here is just a Sir, gentlemanly and just genuinely nice people, with constructive advice and information. Best online Community I know of :D

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

First time i ever joined a forum.I posted a simple question on this forum i got a reply in 13 mints,every one is very kind and helpfull.Love this forum :)