UPDATED April 11th:Asus MG279Q ROG Dominator AMD FreeSync Cerified

I hope the Window is 30-144hz at least. 40 as lowest is just not good enough, and too me it sort of destroys the point of a monitor with adaptive sync if it can't cope with common FPS drops. Specially on a 1440p monitor where most cards will struggle keeping the fps above 40 at all times

LCD crystals cannot hold its charge for 33ms or more so you will not see 30hz support. Not even Gsync can do that, sadly. Hope AMD will make a driver side solution, like Gsync in doubling and tripling each frame, below 40 (37) fps.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

LCD crystals cannot hold its charge for 33ms or more so you will not see 30hz support. Not even Gsync can do that, sadly. Hope AMD will make a driver side solution, like Gsync in doubling and tripling each frame, below 40 (37) fps.

Really? But what about TV's that goes into 1080p/24hz when watching blu-rays? Are they just specially tuned for that and not capable of anything between?

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Really? But what about TV's that goes into 1080p/24hz when watching blu-rays? Are they just specially tuned for that and not capable of anything between?

They repeat each frame several times too. Just like CRT TV's, running 50/60hz. Most modern TV's run at 100hz or so.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

They repeat each frame several times too. Just like CRT TV's, running 50/60hz. Most modern TV's run at 100hz or so.

So they just run at, taking your example, 100hz even though it says on the screen 1080p24 or 1080p60. That's just the signal then?

What about the marketing "Has 1080p24 mode for fluid movie experience" is that just bullshit? Always thought that meant the screen went down to just 24 hz then

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

Come on 5ms or lower response time!!  

Even as high as 7ms, this is is the monitor I have been waiting for since Freesync was announced.  I don't think I'll have a problem with the 40-144hz VRR range due to my 3xfire 290's. ;)

For those confused about the 120Hz/144Hz thing, J.J. stated at CES they were still in the process of validating it for 144Hz. Apparently they are finished with that now.

https://youtu.be/j-wMu2DR7jE?t=11m

Yeah I noticed the article on WCCF "Back then the monitor hadn’t been officially declared to support FreeSync and Asus was still optimizing response times and pushing for a higher refresh rate. "

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

So they just run at, taking your example, 100hz even though it says on the screen 1080p24 or 1080p60. That's just the signal then?

What about the marketing "Has 1080p24 mode for fluid movie experience" is that just bullshit? Always thought that meant the screen went down to just 24 hz then

It means it will run at a refresh rate dividable by 24. And that the extra frames are not some weird morphed image, made out of 2 unique frames, as that gives a sit com tv look. For all intents and purposes, it makes no difference. It's just updating the pixels with the same info, so they get recharged.

It means it will run at a refresh rate dividable by 24. And that the extra frames are not some weird morphed image, made out of 2 unique frames, as that gives a sit com tv look. For all intents and purposes, it makes no difference. It's just updating the pixels with the same info, so they get recharged.

Oh, okey then. And here I was hoping (and "demanding") for screens to soon have 24 - 144hz range

Oh, okey then. And here I was hoping (and "demanding") for screens to soon have 24 - 144hz range

Indeed, the 24p thing means the Panel inside the TV always has a refresh rate that is a multiple of 24.

My 50" Plasma TV, for example, has a 72 Hz refresh rate. This means that when viewing 24p content, it just repeats each frame three times.

A 120 Hz HDTV (Most modern mid-to-high end LCD TV's) repeats each frame five times when viewing 24p content.

A 60 Hz TV (Older or low end LCD TV's) has to use 3:2 pulldown to playback 24p content. That means it repeats 3 frames in a row, then 2 frames, then 3 frames, etc (Note: This is an INCREDIBLE simplification of the process). See here for more details:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-two_pull_down

Plasma TV's always have a refresh rate that is a multiple of 24. Lower end ones often use 48 Hz. Mid range ones will use 72 Hz, and high-end 96 Hz (The truly badass ones like Panasonic VT60).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Anyone have an idea of release date for europe?

Cheers!

Would having an IPS monitor flanked by two TNs be a good setup? I'd like to use this as the central monitor in an eyefinity setup and buy two other high refresh rate monitors of the same refresh rate and resolution, only that they'd be TN because they are cheaper.

If you need TN(You don't btw), I would put the IPS on the sides since the viewing angles are superior.

Just go all IPS.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Such an awesome monitor. If it only would have g-sync :(

But i think Asus won't release a monitor like this with G-Sync because it would kill the old Swift (and alot of angry Swift-Owners, lel)

The Acer one just looks horrible with the glossy bezels and stand.

I agree. The Acer has the perfect panel but the glossy is a major put off.

I love the matte build quality of my Swift.

I wouldn't be pissed at all. The 144Hz panel were not around at the time the first Swift was made, i can understand that. I will sell mine for the IPS version when it is released. 

I'm sure there are a lot of people waiting for it...

Such an awesome monitor. If it only would have g-sync :(

But i think Asus won't release a monitor like this with G-Sync because it would kill the old Swift (and alot of angry Swift-

The Acer one just looks horrible with the glossy bezels and stand.

I agree. The Acer has the perfect panel but the glossy is a major put off.

I love the matte build quality of my Swift.

I wouldn't be pissed at all. The 144Hz panel were not around at the time the first Swift was made, i can understand that. I will sell mine for the IPS version when it is released. 

I'm sure there are a lot of people waiting for it...

I'm quite confident that Asus will release a GSync ,120-144hz, IPS monitor as a successor to the original Swift.

Though it'll probably be $100-$200 more expensive than the Swift is right now, so somewhere in the neighborhood of $850-$950.

That's if they release it fairly soon, if they wait a while to release it then they'll probably wait for the stock of PG278Qs to be bought up, phase it out of production, and then release the second generation 144Hz, IPS, GSync ROG Swift for the same price that the current one is selling for.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552