Is 4gb plus 8gb Okay?

Go to solution Solved by lufihengr,

That's what I am doing. No problems at all.

So at the moment my system is equipped with a mighty 4 gigs of RAM...

I would like to add 8 gigs of RAM to my system.

Will there be any problems if I run a dual channel 4 gig kit together with an 8 gig dual channel kit?

Thanks!

Resolution is a word. 5 is a number.

That's what I am doing. No problems at all.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

I'm running 2+4 and I have no problem don't know why you would.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Just make sure you put a 4GB and a 2GB stick in each channel, instead of 4+4 and 2+2 in each channel.

Just make sure you put a 4GB and a 2GB stick in each channel, instead of 4+4 and 2+2 in each channel.

I'd sooner just use the 4+4 over 4+2.

I'd sooner just use the 4+4 over 4+2.

In this case it's 4+2 matched with 4+2, instead of just 2 matched with 2 or 4 matched with 4. All work in dual channel just fine.

In this case it's 4+2 matched with 4+2, instead of just 2 matched with 2 or 4 matched with 4. All work in dual channel just fine.

Is it? OP says he has 4GB already. I'd assume that's a 2+2 matched kit. If he wants to add 8GB to that, presumably that would be 4+4 matched?

Otherwise he'd have 6GB already, and not 4... unless I'm missing something?

Is it? OP says he has 4GB already. I'd assume that's a 2+2 matched kit. If he wants to add 8GB to that, presumably that would be 4+4 matched?

Otherwise he'd have 6GB already, and not 4... unless I'm missing something?

If he adds 4+4 to 2+2, the correct way to set it up would be 4+2 in one channel and 4+2 in the other channel. For a total of 12GB.

If he adds 4+4 to 2+2, the correct way to set it up would be 4+2 in one channel and 4+2 in the other channel. For a total of 12GB.

Right, so I just misread your original post as meaning the complete opposite to what you meant. Ok then.