Logitech G510s, BEST bang for your buck keyboard I have laid eyes on.

Today, I ran to bestbuy.. I needed a new keyboard. I laid my eye's on a keyboard that was $77.99(Not including tax). It was called the Logitech G510s. I saw that there was 18 PROGRAMMABLE G Keys. It has3 M keys to switch different lighting profiles. It has lighting for every key, except gaming key. The keys that aren't mass lighted with the rest: M1,M2,M3,M4, gaming key. The gaming key stuck me, it was amazing. I hate the windows button soooo much. This keyboard has 4 media keys, a button to turn on lights, and turn it off. There is a button to disable headphones, and a different button to disable your mic if you wish.  It comes with a great palmrest. It falls off kinda easily, but for most use, unless you smash the keyboard all over the place, you should be fine. The biggest thing about this keyboard that made me fall into it.. was the built on LCD display. It is part of the mass keyboard lighting, so it lights up whatever the rest of your keyboard is lit as. under it is 4 control buttons, and to the left, there is a button to switch modes, the main modes include but are not limited to...Clock, CPU/RAM usage monitoring, News(Tells article, and lets you view it and READ IT ON THE KEYBOARD!),A profile mode(about the keyboard, no social network profile :P, idk if this keyboard supports those.. I'm guessing not :P), It has a countdown, and a time watch. It had all the features and bind keys I would everrrrr need. 

Ok, here is the cons. It isn't mechanical(but I don't really care for anyway, and considering the price :D), It only has a 5 key rollover(Its rare to use 5, so don't worry), And last you can't cange the color of the gloss blue panel around the keys.. but when in use, its hard to see the blue. Just looks shiny black. And considering all the greatness of it, I would totally drop these things.. EASILY! 

For the price, this is the best keyboard I can recommend. I use the ap's on the on keyboard naturally, and not because I can, because it saves a lot of  "Time and work" of opening task manager, tabbing out to view time, ect. I think its amazing. If someone asked for a sub $100 keyboard, I wouldn't say that CherryMX board with few features, I would choose this HANDS DOWN!

If your buying keyboards, and you in value, Cherry MX or other mechanical switches is the last thing to worry about.. I don't really care for it. It is amazing. I recommend this, for 80 bucks.. I don't think it will ever be any better.

I hope you guys enjoyed, thanks for reading!

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5
I like outdoor warning sirens. Ask me anything about them.

The G15/510 series have been my favourite ever since the G15 v1. If they made one that was G15 v2 size or even drop the macro keys (I would even go for a TKL option) with G15 v1/2 67/104 keycap size/layout and G510 media/extra keys/switches with the G510 style frame and mechanical keys they would have perfected it IMO but by the looks of what they're doing with the G910 I've given up hope on them perfecting the G15/510 series :(

I don't think amy membrane keyboard over 50 bucks is a good value... no matter what feature they give you.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

@STRMfrmXMN might enjoy this

Yeah.... you can find a good mechanical keyboard with blues/reds/browns for the price of the G510.... Unless you're infatuated with membranes then this is not such a good value. Some people like membranes though and it's his money being spent so whatever.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

i have a normal g510 the non s and love it not mechanical but have 3rd party programs for the lcd that in one screen can show cpu gpu temps fan speeds cpu and ram usege and fraps fps along with network utilization i love it and the programable keys make work amazing for commenly used macros or sentences i program to them or even in games like wow i play with just the program keys dont use wasd and then all my spells are right around my movment keys no need to move upwords to the number bar

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

So true! Idon't know what I will do with 18 G KEYS!  BTW, Why are you guys bashing this for not being mechanical.. This keyboard is loaded with many features that a mechanical keyboard at this pricepoint FOR SURE will not have. The LCD display is more then extremely cool and useful! BTW, guys.. whats soo special about cherry MX except the compatibility for cooler keys, and the sound of the click? This kind of keyboard has suited me since the beginning of time.. I just don't see much potential in Cherry MX and other mechanical keys...

MOTHERBOARD: some Asus motherboard CPU: I3-4130 GPU: Gigabyte(?) GT-1030 RAM: 8GB G.SKILL SNIPER 1600MHZ RAM + 4GB AMD ram PSU: Corsair CX450 CASE: Corsair Spec-03 OS: Win 10 64 bit Keyboard: Logitech G510s Mouse: Corsair G300s Camera: Canon EOS Rebel T5

I have a question about the CPU usage bar.. for every line of pixel in it, there is a different line,  making 4 lines, it tells me my %, but in the bar that shows the percent, it shows 4 different little lines... Is that 1 line per thread? That wouldn't make since because 2 threads just speeds up 1 core... But that is my only LOGICal guess :/

-See what I did there ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)-

So true! Idon't know what I will do with 18 G KEYS!  BTW, Why are you guys bashing this for not being mechanical.. This keyboard is loaded with many features that a mechanical keyboard at this pricepoint FOR SURE will not have. The LCD display is more then extremely cool and useful! BTW, guys.. whats soo special about cherry MX except the compatibility for cooler keys, and the sound of the click? This kind of keyboard has suited me since the beginning of time.. I just don't see much potential in Cherry MX and other mechanical keys...

I'm not bashing it for being a membrane keyboard. Honestly membrane doesn't feel that different from Cherry MX Brown/Red switches. The only keys that actually feel different are like Blue/Clear/Green/Blacks.  I'm bashing it because it's not a good value. 120 bucks? That is not a good value for a keyboard that doesn't have mechanical switches.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

here is the proram i uce lcdsirreal http://www.linkdata.se/software/lcdsirreal/

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

I'm not bashing it for being a membrane keyboard. Honestly membrane doesn't feel that different from Cherry MX Brown/Red switches. The only keys that actually feel different are like Blue/Clear/Green/Blacks.  I'm bashing it because it's not a good value. 120 bucks? That is not a good value for a keyboard that doesn't have mechanical switches.

78 bucks.. Find a mechanical keyboard for the same price new with all these great features..

78 bucks.. Find a mechanical keyboard for the same price new with all these great features..

Internet crapout... sorry bout spAm.. well I pressed post multiple times.. afk fir  a bit, prssed ost again.. and refresh..

its a good keyboard. If it was convenient I would switch back to mine just for fun and only for a little while after using my g710+ for months. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

cool but I want a mechanical

We're all dying slowly

Pentium G3258 3.2 ghz / ECS z97 pk MOBO / Intel Stock Cooler / R9 290 DD / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / 4GB mushkin stealth ram at 1600 / XFX 650W 80+ gold PSU / Kingston v300 240GB drive W/300GB seagate drive / HP x2301 / Gateway KB / Monoprice GM

Having owned plenty of Logitech gaming keyboards (I use my g15 v2 at work) sure the screen is nice but since going to the G710+, I will never go back to membrane

Moving office soon, and when I do, I am going to get a second mechanical keyboard just for work

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I wont join in on the whole Mechanical vs Membrane debate. But I will say that macro keys to that extend (I.E. Anything above ~6) is too many. But then again, I am not really a macro user to begin with, I just find them being a niche. Keyboards with macro keys are just too big for me.

As for how solid the G510 is as a keyboard, it's solid enough. My bother used to have a G19 and didn't really have any complaints about it. The LCD that it had wasn't good for anything other than system monitoring though, since there aren't really many games that utilizes those screens.

And lastly, value. Well. You CAN find mechanical keyboards for as low as $80. But those are lacking any kind of thrills. The G710+ which is widely recommended goes for roughly $100, which is as close to the G510 as you can get, only lacking the LCD screen. The best membrane keyboard that I have used up to this day has got to be the Dell keyboard that came with an old pre-built we used to have. The thing was just glorious, and lasted me plenty of years. So free = Best value :D

So basically, you want to find a keyboard with a near-useless display, more macros than you will ever need and RGB backlighting?

Find a membrane keyboard that feels as fluid as a mechanical then.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

To start, what does it matter if it has "too many" programmable keys, it isn't a bad thing, its a good thing, I don't play Gmod dark RP, but for those who do, I think it is very useful for that group that does that. I have a CMStorm Quickfire rapid, around the same price.. but it is just someone's in my house, not mine.. but I can use it when I wan't due to rare use. But it has no keypad(Its meant for mobility). It has no backlights, except a red light for when Scroll lock and caps lock is on, no gaming key, no screen, no programmable keys. Its dull. It is a bit sticky :P And yes, it is cherry MX. I don't use it. Also, about the g710+, it doesn't have as much programmable keys, it does have a USB port on its defence, it is cherry mx.. but I would choose this keyboard hands down even if the 710+ was the same price. The "useless screen" btw? It isn't useless, its amazing. It is especially useful near night. Its NICE.  I can read news articles on it, Literally. Only thing is You have like 20-30 seconds to read each page, no worries, the pages is small. The sound wheel on this is useful too, its much faster then the volume knob on my speakers, much faster then the volume knob on my Plantronics GameCom 780 headset. Its nice. It has a gaming key, which is very useful, the windows key is evil. It is hard to disable it in windows 8.. so that key is amazing. Btw, back to the volume knob, for those people that want to adjust volume and they don't have speakers or a headset with a knob, it is amazingly useful because you don't have to tab out of your game. Next, the screen also work with WOW(atleast that what is says) but I haven't found out how, or tested it. The keyboard is nice. I have a challenge, find a keyboard for 150 or less that is mechanicall, and has ALL of the same features. Screen, ATLEAST 10 Programmable keys, which this one has 18, has a gaming key, has a Screen, has keyboard profile keys, has the volume knob too. BTW, for those PC's, especially laptop's on desk, this has mic and headphone port, for those laptops that has only has headphone port. This keyboard is dreams. With all of those features considered, ESPECIALLY THE SCREEN, find a sub $150 keyboard with the same features.

I don't think amy membrane keyboard over 50 bucks is a good value... no matter what feature they give you.

Like these mechanical keyboards actually are? LOL

Like these mechanical keyboards actually are? LOL

All prices must be compared relatively. If an average mechanical keyboard is 99.99, then anything below 99.99 is a good value, and anything above 99.99 better have features that matter, or differentiate itself, otherwise it's a bad value. But for a membrane keyboard... no matter what feature you add to it, it doesn't justify anything over 50. Even 50 is expensive for a membrane keyboard. If you want macro keys, you can get it for 30 bucks, if you want RGB backlight, you can get it for 40 bucks. If you want a screen? Why the hell would you want a screen?

All prices must be compared relatively. If an average mechanical keyboard is 99.99, then anything below 99.99 is a good value, and anything above 99.99 better have features that matter, or differentiate itself, otherwise it's a bad value. But for a membrane keyboard... no matter what feature you add to it, it doesn't justify anything over 50. Even 50 is expensive for a membrane keyboard. If you want macro keys, you can get it for 30 bucks, if you want RGB backlight, you can get it for 40 bucks. If you want a screen? Why the hell would you want a screen?

Why you ask... Why? I have awnsered this soo many times on this post.. I just realized how long ago you posted this :P      But I awnsered this soo many times. Near night when I need to goto bed, my keyboard is amazing, it tells me the time, the date, just so I don't have to tab out, and my phone only easily tells me my time. Apart from the time.. There is several games that works with this keyboard.. and which it tells you your stats without opening a statistics menu, or looking up :P It says it works with Wow, But I haven't tested that, I found out it works with League Of Legends after playing it. Another part, When I'm in game, I sometimes wanna know how much ram or CPU it is using. Good to know, because I am curious if the lag is because of my CPU or not.. in the certain demanding times I do. So is it "useless"? There is alot of people that would benefit from this feature. Not to mention, you can literally see titles of news articles on it, and you can read them if you want! Its amazing. :)        I don't see why it is "useless"... The rest of the keyboard has 18 game keys.. Some say its "too much".. but their acting like thats a reason you shouldn't buy it.. there is some that will benefit from it..(Yes, I'm looking at you gmod dark rp players). 

Why you ask... Why? I have awnsered this soo many times on this post.. I just realized how long ago you posted this :P      But I awnsered this soo many times. Near night when I need to goto bed, my keyboard is amazing, it tells me the time, the date, just so I don't have to tab out, and my phone only easily tells me my time. Apart from the time.. There is several games that works with this keyboard.. and which it tells you your stats without opening a statistics menu, or looking up :P It says it works with Wow, But I haven't tested that, I found out it works with League Of Legends after playing it. Another part, When I'm in game, I sometimes wanna know how much ram or CPU it is using. Good to know, because I am curious if the lag is because of my CPU or not.. in the certain demanding times I do. So is it "useless"? There is alot of people that would benefit from this feature. Not to mention, you can literally see titles of news articles on it, and you can read them if you want! Its amazing. :)        I don't see why it is "useless"... The rest of the keyboard has 18 game keys.. Some say its "too much".. but their acting like thats a reason you shouldn't buy it.. there is some that will benefit from it..(Yes, I'm looking at you gmod dark rp players). 

This.

I love the integration it has with a bunch of apps like Ventrillo or Teamspeak. as well as monitoring performance with utilities like Afterburner. Frankly anyone asking why you would want a screen on your keyboard is suffering from a lack of imagination. 

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.