4k capable Graphics Card on a budget

I am updating my rig and I posted a link a few weeks ago.  The rig I am building is this one.  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sqXvcf  I just cannot justify spending one grand one video card this build.  I need a card that can handle 2 x 4k monitors for gaming.  I don't play any FPS games at all.  My games are World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 (yes, I love Blizzard titles), the upcoming Star Citizen, Tomb Raider, any RTS, and RPG.  Can anyone name a video card that can handle these games flawlessly and with Ultra resolutions besides the GTX Titan?  Thank you in advance.  My price max is about $350.00.  

I am updating my rig and I posted a link a few weeks ago.  The rig I am building is this one.  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sqXvcf  I just cannot justify spending one grand one video card this build.  I need a card that can handle 2 x 4k monitors for gaming.  I don't play any FPS games at all.  My games are World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3 (yes, I love Blizzard titles), the upcoming Star Citizen, Tomb Raider, any RTS, and RPG.  Can anyone name a video card that can handle these games flawlessly and with Ultra resolutions besides the GTX Titan?  Thank you in advance.  My price max is about $350.00.  

The only GPU that would be next is the 980. (More than $350 of course)

But I mean,  20-40 FPS isn't really playable for me.

You need at least 980 SLI+  Nevermind, for those games a 980 is fine.

I'm going to assume you are playing on one monitor, and using the other one for browsing the web?

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Not sure if this is a troll, there's no single card out there that I am aware of that can do dual 4k monitors with $350. Sorry.

badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges badges

I will assume you only want to game on ONE monitor at a time...

and buy an R9 290X. But you're not going to get ultra settings on AAAs, for that you'll need at least two R9 290Xs or an r9 295x2 (or 2 970s if you want to spend more for a bit less performance for some reason ^^)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

290x, it'll nearly max out most of those games at 4k except tomb raider (medium-high) and Star Citizen (probably pretty low settings). 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Not sure if this is a troll, there's no single card out there that I am aware of that can do dual 4k monitors with $350. Sorry.

This isn't a troll.  I have been told that the GTX Titan can handle it all.

The only GPU that would be next is the 980. (More than $350 of course)

But I mean,  20-40 FPS isn't really playable for me.

You need at least 980 SLI+  Nevermind, for those games a 980 is fine.

I'm going to assume you are playing on one monitor, and using the other one for browsing the web?

I will play on one monitor for most games but I would like to dual monitor WoW.

There is no such thing... especially for Star citizen. For my 4K monitor + a 1440P ultrawide... WoW runs at 75-95 fps at ultra with dual titan Xs in the garrison.

For 350, I'd say get a 970 and turn settings down a lot. That will do a single 4k monitor... but I'd get 2 of them or 2 290xs for a single 4K monitor. 2? It's out of the question.

I will play on one monitor for most games but I would like to dual monitor WoW.

See my above.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

This is why poor people shouldn't play on 4k. xD

CPU - Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.80GHz / GPU - MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming / RAM - 16 GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 MHz / Motherboard - Maximus VI Formula / CPU Cooler - Kraken x60 / Power Supply - Rosewill Lightning 1300w / Case - Enthoo Luxe Monitor - Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Sound - Razer Kraken 7.1 / Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma / Mouse - Razer Naga Hex + Razer Deathadder Chroma | Picture - [http://i.imgur.com/SSKZKWu.jpg]

980 should do, Most of the games arent really demanding, other than maybe tomb raider, but from own experience tomb raider is a game that is perfectly playable below 60fps, i even say that now from getting eye cancer when playing csgo lower than 120fps.

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

So is this LINK the card you guys are talking about?

Yes. And you'd want two of them if you want decent settings. That's for 1 (one) 4K monitor... not two.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

This is why poor people shouldn't play on 4k. xD

I understand that you are saying that this issue is why ppl shouldn't but it doesn't help my case to troll me for trying to seek help on a forum meant for seeking help with these kinds of issues.  I am not a pro at rig building so I come here to ask the pros, you guys, what is my best course of action.  Quips of these kinds are not helpful.  

Yes. And you'd want two of them if you want decent settings. That's for 1 (one) 4K monitor... not two.

So to summarize, the best course of action is to either buy a GTX Titan or multiple GPUs that can give me GTX Titan quality but only for one 4k monitor? :-(  *sad face*

So to summarize, the best course of action is to either buy a GTX Titan or multiple GPUs that can give me GTX Titan quality but only for one 4k monitor? :-(  *sad face*

No... the best course of action is to sell your 4K monitors, buy a second 290, and get and run a 1440p monitor.

1440p Gaming... 4k wont be relevant for at least another 2-3 years... where a normal person can afford it.

CPU - Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.80GHz / GPU - MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming / RAM - 16 GB G.Skill TridentX 2400 MHz / Motherboard - Maximus VI Formula / CPU Cooler - Kraken x60 / Power Supply - Rosewill Lightning 1300w / Case - Enthoo Luxe Monitor - Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Sound - Razer Kraken 7.1 / Keyboard - Razer Blackwidow Chroma / Mouse - Razer Naga Hex + Razer Deathadder Chroma | Picture - [http://i.imgur.com/SSKZKWu.jpg]

When I think about that cost all that comes to mind is.....

60863872.jpg

1440p Gaming... 4k wont be relevant for at least another 2-3 years... where a normal person can afford it.

So a 980 for 1440p gaming?  Or is there a cheaper card that won't make my wallet punch me in the face?

When I think about that cost all that comes to mind is.....

60863872.jpg

So sell your 4K monitors. 4K capable hardware isn't budget accessible yet.  

This is my old GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7850  - The 4k monitors aren't the top of the line.  They were part of the Dell sale.  LINK

Until I can raise enough money in my piggy bank to afford a $600+ card I will have to manage with my cheapie 7850.  

This is my old GPU - XFX Radeon HD 7850  - The 4k monitors aren't the top of the line.  They were part of the Dell sale.  LINK

Until I can raise enough money in my piggy bank to afford a $600+ card I will have to manage with my cheapie 7850.  

Cheap 4k is 4k regardless.

a single 980 for 1440p is great.