New Phone- Anything on the market

canadianultra

Hello, I will be acquiring a new phone sometime in the next couple of weeks. Does anybody have any suggestions? 

Preferably something with Rogers, budget does not matter. I have a galaxy s3 right now, and I would like to stick with an android.

Right now I am leaning towards the Galaxy s6 non-edge. I would like a phone larger than 5" with a good camera, software, build quality, and battery life + a good onboard DAC/AMP would be nice.

Thanks, canadianultra

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

Droid Turbo if you can find a third party seller (isn't that hard to do) But I have it and it is an amazing phone!

Ran by coffee

Isnt the LG G Flex 2 already out in stores? I guess the Note Edge is a non since you dont want the S6 Edge...

Groomlake Authority

Isnt the LG G Flex 2 already out in stores? I guess the Note Edge is a non since you dont want the S6 Edge...

That phone may not come to Canada

CPU: i5 4670k GPU: GTX 770 Mobo: Z87-UD3H RAM: 8Gb Ripjaws Case: Corsair 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

You dont like the Note 4? At unlike the S5 and mostlikely the S6 there isnt an upgraded version (Specs wise) exclusive in south korea.

Groomlake Authority

Hello, I will be acquiring a new phone sometime in the next couple of weeks. Does anybody have any suggestions? 

Preferably something with Rogers, budget does not matter. I have a galaxy s3 right now, and I would like to stick with an android.

Right now I am leaning towards the Galaxy s6 non-edge. I would like a phone larger than 5" with a good camera, software, build quality, and battery life + a good onboard DAC/AMP would be nice.

Thanks, canadianultra

S6 doesn't have good battery (it's barely okay from the reviews I've seen) but otherwise it looks to be a fairly solid choice.

Other possibilities are the Note 4 and maybe Nexus 6. 6+ has a good camera (though I guess it's more image processing rather than the hardware) if you swing that way.

S6 doesn't have good battery (it's barely okay from the reviews I've seen) but otherwise it looks to be a fairly solid choice.

Other possibilities are the Note 4 and maybe Nexus 6. 6+ has a good camera (though I guess it's more image processing rather than the hardware) if you swing that way.

I am interested in the note 4 and nexus 6, the main thing that would swing me to nexus 6 is software, stock google is really nice. How is the battery life between these two?

I am interested in the note 4 and nexus 6, the main thing that would swing me to nexus 6 is software, stock google is really nice. How is the battery life between these two?

Note 4 has better battery. Nexus 6's is poor by phablet standards (note by phablet standards. It's still superior to "standard" size phones.).

EDIT:

Also - Nexus is fricking massive. Does have a great screen though. Seen a couple in the wild and I can't be sure if it's the pixel density or that it's an amoled  (the higher contrast) but it looks super sharp next to my 1+1.

Note 4 has better battery. Nexus 6's is poor by phablet standards (note by phablet standards. It's still superior to "standard" size phones.).

EDIT:

Also - Nexus is fricking massive. Does have a great screen though. Seen a couple in the wild and I can't be sure if it's the pixel density or that it's an amoled  (the higher contrast) but it looks super sharp next to my 1+1.

Thanks @JayTech   for your help, I'll go to the store tomorrow to check them out myself. 

iPhone 6+, gs6, iphone 6 or 5s if you're ok with smaller. One M8, whatever nokia's best phone is.

Updated with poll

Just got my Note 4 recently and I love it. Oneplus one is always an option too.

Just got my Note 4 recently and I love it. Oneplus one is always an option too.

Is the samsung software really bad? Thats the main thing holding me back.

Is the samsung software really bad? Thats the main thing holding me back.

Touchwiz is not great in the slightest. However for me atleast it isn't horrible. I have nova launcher installed which is way better then the stock home screen. I have as well disable the majority of bloatware apps that come pre-installed on the device. I also have a micro sd card so im not concerned about the space that touchwiz occupies. I every once in a while but rarely will get a hint of lag but it is generally just small stutters that aren't really concerning. In my opinion the small cons are made up buy all the good things. While many people say that the s-pen feature is just a gimmick, I personally really enjoy using it for various things especially taking notes on it. The s-pen has a very small tip allowing for more precision over rubber or foam tip styluses. All in all yes touchwiz is a bit annoying at times however it is easy to ignore and get around. I really like my note 4 and I kind of have to since I'm locked in a 2 year contract. I highly suggest the phone if you are wanting a large phone. The oneplus one is a good phone, the nexus 6 also seems pretty good but too big in my opinion. And the GS6 seems like a really good phone but for me really didn't offer anything good enough for me to go from my S4 to the S6.