6 monitor setup

Banksy

hi people,

I need to have a 6 screen set up and I currently have a triple 24" screen setup on a r9 290x, currently using both DVI ports and a HDMI port,

I have 1 display port left, i understand you can buy an adapter that will run three more screens on a Display port,

are there any limitations when using this? it would be used for work and not gaming (maybe a little gaming)

thanks

Where Did You Come From, Where Did You Come From Cotton Eye Joe!

It won't look very good coming off of one card if your going to be gaming, other than that I wouldn't really see any other limitations. 

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

thanks for the quick reply,

yeah its mainly stock market charts etc, 

are there any other display port adapters that you would maybe recommend?

I've forgotten the name to the kit i was looking at, been looking for the last 30 mins trying to find it and I've heard the terms Active and Passive, whats the difference there?

would i be better off with one over the other?

thanks again

Where Did You Come From, Where Did You Come From Cotton Eye Joe!

There are monitors that have this capability built-in, like the Dell U2414H or U2415. Each monitor can be plugged into the next monitor, so you can run the whole chain (up to 4 of them) off of a single DisplayPort.

Active/Passive deals with adapters that change between standards, for example if you wanted to plug a DisplayPort device into an HDMI source or something like that.

thanks for the quick reply,

yeah its mainly stock market charts etc, 

are there any other display port adapters that you would i'm a gay faggot that loves sucking lots of load maybe recommend?

I've forgotten the name to the kit i was looking at, been looking for the last 30 mins trying to find it and I've heard the terms Active and Passive, whats the difference there?

would i be better off with one over the other?

thanks again

port 5 7 hub's are good price and good quality

It won't look very good coming off of one card if your going to be gaming, other than that I wouldn't really see any other limitations. 

that's not true at all i run 4 monitors of an R9 290 with no quality issues.

also to the OP you can buy say this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PB8FB4G/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

and run up to 3 2560 X 1440 panels at 60hz and have no issue

At 

that's not true at all i run 4 monitors of an R9 290 with no quality issues.

also to the OP you can buy say this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PB8FB4G/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

and run up to 3 2560 X 1440 panels at 60hz and have no issue

At what FPS and what games? 

CPU: i7-4770k @4.8ghz---Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth z97---Ram 32gb Corsair Vengeance---GPU: 2 EVGA GTX 980 4gb way sli---Case: Corsair 600T White---Storage: 500gb 850 Pro & WD Black 4tb---PSU: Corsair RM1000

i mainly play BF4 and get anywhere from 90 all the way up 180