LGBT community

carguy86

i first tried a coffee drink that was watered down for the first time a month ago or so, i shouldn't be having coffee *keep in mind im 13*

so i snuck a teaspoon (okay maybe 2) into my tea.

*gags*

*chokes* oh god

Ryzen 5 3600

RX 590 8GB 

WD Blue 1TB

(full specs on profile)

1 hour ago, Rika Shiguma said:

i first tried a coffee drink that was watered down for the first time a month ago or so, i shouldn't be having coffee *keep in mind im 13*

so i snuck a teaspoon (okay maybe 2) into my tea.

*gags*

*chokes* oh god

My little brother (hes 16 now) started drinking it at 15. Started with energy drinks for long gaming sessions. Now hes all fancy with his Lattes and Machiatos heh

1 hour ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

First things first is a new GPU. From an MSI GTX 770 4GB to an MSI GTX 1080 8GB. 

Then, early, or mid next year, I then plan to build an entirely new system with either the current CPU or the next generation. I'm wanting to go as balls to the walls as I can afford in a Micro ATX format. 

This is what I have currently. It's not final as I will most likely make some tweaks to exactly what components I'll get, but so far it's looking good. 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/jkrNTH 

Nice jump! What CPU do you have at the moment? I went from a 970 to a 1080 (And 3 weeks later Nvidia brought out the 1080i and dropped the rpice of the 1080 by £120, I was PISSED)

17 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

Nice jump! What CPU do you have at the moment? I went from a 970 to a 1080 (And 3 weeks later Nvidia brought out the 1080i and dropped the rpice of the 1080 by £120, I was PISSED)

i5 4670k. Got my current system built the day the BF4 open beta was released. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Just now, wkdpaul said:

We mods are already at 1080ti pages :D

Screenshot_2017-04-05-07-30-21.thumb.png.89c198a1c66243c35bd745fd04907a2b.png

I'll be waiting for page 1800 and 6600. 

A noob question:

Also to all with Floatplane, does it work on mobile? Can you select the resolution you want like YouTube? Any screenshot of floatplane playing? 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

2 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

i5 4670k. Got my current system built the day the BF4 open beta was released. 

Ah, nice, be mindful that the 1080 will be bottle-necked by that CPU a bit (I saw issues with my  i7-4790 of about 30-40 fps missing from other peoples benchmarks with the exact same card)

10 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

A noob question:

Also to all with Floatplane, does it work on mobile? Can you select the resolution you want like YouTube? Any screenshot of floatplane playing? 

Yeah it works on mobile, you can select the resolution and play it natively through your browser or download it.

Screenshot_2017-04-05-07-44-10.thumb.png.e9f347c3bc38cc7820b1365b186a60a1.png

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

Yeah it works on mobile, you can select the resolution and play it natively through your browser or download it.

Screenshot_2017-04-05-07-44-10.thumb.png.e9f347c3bc38cc7820b1365b186a60a1.png

Judging from the screenshot, you can beam the video to a Chromecast, right? Thanks for the screenshot by the way. ?

2 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

Ah, nice, be mindful that the 1080 will be bottle-necked by that CPU a bit (I saw issues with my  i7-4790 of about 30-40 fps missing from other peoples benchmarks with the exact same card)

The only bottleneck will be my monitor. Being a 1080p, 120hz Benq, I wont be taking advantage of the GPU's raw power. Though, I do plan on picking up that Benq-Zowie XL2730, which is 1440p at 144hz. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Just now, hey_yo_ said:

Judging from the screenshot, you can beam the video to a Chromecast, right? Thanks for the screenshot by the way. ?

Yup, forgot to mention that but yes, it's possible. :)

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

3 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Yup, forgot to mention that but yes, it's possible. :)

Looks like YouTube ?

10 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

Know of any benchmarks regarding CPU Bottlenecks for the 1080? 30 - 40FPS sounds crazy high considering Intel hasn't exactly made any mind blowing advances in their Low - Mid Teir i7's performance, I mean the 7700 is only ~15% better and it's been 4 years since the i7 4790 was released, What CPU would better suite the 1080? $500 Processors and over like the 6800K?

Current Rig:

CPU: i7 4790 3.60GHz

RAM: 8GB (2 x 4GB) GSkill 2333MHz

Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme4

PSU: Modular Cougar 750w

GPU: Sapphire HD 7790 Goodnight Sweet Prince, You served me well :(

Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD + 10TB's Various Seagate HDD's

Case: Corsair 780T (White)

Mouse: Logitech G600

Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire Rapid (Cherry MX Browns)

Future Upgrades:

GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 1060 Dual

PSU: Super Flower Leadex II 750W 80 Plus Gold 

Mouse: Mionix Castor

CPU Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC12DX

Screen: Anything cheap that's either 1440p @ 60Hz/1080p @ 144Hz or 21:9 IPS

6 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

The only bottleneck will be my monitor. Being a 1080p, 120hz Benq, I wont be taking advantage of the GPU's raw power. Though, I do plan on picking up that Benq-Zowie XL2730, which is 1440p at 144hz. 

Even at 1080p, CPU bottleneck is when your GPU wants to draw lets say 120 FPS, so the game updates it's physics, AI, etc to compensate, but cannot due to CPU not being able to calculate fast enough, so the FPS will drop so it all syncs together even though the GPU is perfectly capable.

3 minutes ago, ArduinoBen said:

I'm bisexual.

Me too :D

Current Rig:

Future Upgrades:

6 minutes ago, BranchySaturn28 said:

Know of any benchmarks regarding CPU Bottlenecks for the 1080? 30 - 40FPS sounds crazy high considering Intel hasn't exactly made any mind blowing advances in their Low - Mid Teir i7's performance, I mean the 7700 is only ~15% better and it's been 4 years since the i7 4790 was released, What CPU would better suite the 1080? $500 Processors and over like the 6800K?

To be honest there could have been a few factors,  I upgraded to a i7700k with a new motherboard and Fast DDR4, got a lot more performance out of the card. 

CPU bottle necks happen when the CPU cant keep up with the higher frame rate of the images being drawn, it has to calculate physics, AI etc a lot faster the more frames there are being drawn. Since 1080 is quite a beast, its pushing a lot of frames around. I noticed that the bottle neck was higher on lets say 1080p (when a game was trying to run at 120 fps) than 4k (upsampling) .. since the GPU wasnt drawing as many FPS, the CPU could keep up. 

In comparison in compute tasks (3d rendering in vray for example worked as advertised on the older CPU)

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

13 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

To be honest there could have been a few factors,  I upgraded to a i7700k with a new motherboard and Fast DDR4, got a lot more performance out of the card. 

CPU bottle necks happen when the CPU cant keep up with the higher frame rate of the images being drawn, it has to calculate physics, AI etc a lot faster the more frames there are being drawn. Since 1080 is quite a beast, its pushing a lot of frames around. I noticed that the bottle neck was higher on lets say 1080p (when a game was trying to run at 120 fps) than 4k (upsampling) .. since the GPU wasnt drawing as many FPS, the CPU could keep up. 

In comparison in compute tasks (3d rendering in vray for example worked as advertised on the older CPU)

Ahh that makes more sense, So only in high FPS (120FPS +) scenarios the newer processors show their true colors, I suppose on 60Hz screens that shouldn't be as big of a concern though, I wonder if it doesn't have anything to do with the clock speed difference between the 4790 (3.6Ghz up to 4Ghz) and the 7700 (4.2Ghz up to 4.5Ghz)

I'd be curious to see how an overclocked 4790k compares to a 7700 clocked at the same speed...

And Hi :) Been lurking here for a while waiting for my time to pounce in on this thread :P

Current Rig:

Future Upgrades:

44 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

Even at 1080p, CPU bottleneck is when your GPU wants to draw lets say 120 FPS, so the game updates it's physics, AI, etc to compensate, but cannot due to CPU not being able to calculate fast enough, so the FPS will drop so it all syncs together even though the GPU is perfectly capable.

And that all depends on the game. Games that have high intensity on the CPU. The Witcher 3, GTA 5, CS:GO may have an issue if you push the system to it's limits. Although, it shouldn't be that noticeable, even in these games. I've been seeing quite a bit of contradiction on this topic though, you, along with many others say it's a bottleneck, when many others, sometimes more, say it wont be. 

Either way, I'll be picking up a new monitor sometime this year and the rest of the build early/mid next year. Possibly earlier if I can get earning some more money. Which I plan to. 

2 minutes ago, BranchySaturn28 said:

Ahh that makes more sense, So only in high FPS (120FPS +) scenarios the newer processors show their true colors, I suppose on 60Hz screens that shouldn't be as big of a concern though, I wonder if it doesn't have anything to do with the clock speed difference between the 4790 (3.6Ghz up to 4Ghz) and the 7700 (4.2Ghz up to 4.5Ghz)

I'd be curious to see how an overclocked 4790k compares to a 7700 clocked at the same speed...

And Hi :) Been lurking here for a while waiting for my time to pounce in on this thread :P

Haha, pounce away.

Yeah there seems to be only about 15% better in benchmarks, not sure how that translates to real world performance. http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-4790K/3647vs2384

3 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

And that all depends on the game. Games that have high intensity on the CPU. The Witcher 3, GTA 5, CS:GO may have an issue if you push the system to it's limits. Although, it shouldn't be that noticeable, even in these games. I've been seeing quite a bit of contradiction on this topic though, you, along with many others say it's a bottleneck, when many others, sometimes more, say it wont be. 

Either way, I'll be picking up a new monitor sometime this year and the rest of the build early/mid next year. Possibly earlier if I can get earning some more money. Which I plan to. 

Yeah to be honest it;s all relative. Just in my case I saw an improvement. Results vary per mileage as they say.

7 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

Yeah there seems to be only about 15% better in benchmarks, not sure how that translates to real world performance. http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i7-7700K-vs-Intel-Core-i7-4790K/3647vs2384

I don't even think that their Cannolake chips would offer any significant boost. Maybe Icelake with 10nm can change that.