Win8 need account to use it?

It will be tmr that my friend will give me $1000 or maybe more for me to build a rig for him. I'm thinking of win8.1 as the OS but do I need to log into the Microsoft account or any account in order to set it up?

If it is, I'm concerned that I won't be able to OC the GPU before I give it to him or download the drivers himself since doing it himself, he might get confused or make mistakes.

Evidence Of Evil

Nope you don't have to use a microsoft account, you just click create a new account, then in there there is another button you can use to create a local account instead of a microsoft account.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

It will be tmr that my friend will give me $1000 or maybe more for me to build a rig for him. I'm thinking of win8.1 as the OS but do I need to log into the Microsoft account or any account in order to set it up?

If it is, I'm concerned that I won't be able to OC the GPU before I give it to him or download the drivers himself since doing it himself, he might get confused or make mistakes.

No you can setup Windows 8/8.1 without a Microsoft account. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Nope you don't have to use a microsoft account, you just click create a new account, then in there there is another button you can use to create a local account instead of a microsoft account.

I think this was the case for Windows 8, for 8.1 you can skip it by unplugging the internet or just type in random characters and then chose to skip the registration and create a local account instead.

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

I think this was the case for Windows 8, for 8.1 you can skip it by unplugging the internet or just type in random characters and then chose to skip the registration and create a local account instead.

Fairly sure its the same for 8 and 8.1.

I know that is how it is for 8.1 as I have done it multiple times in the recent past.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Fairly sure its the same for 8 and 8.1.

I know that is how it is for 8.1 as I have done it multiple times in the recent past.

There is a difference in the 8 installation and the 8.1 installation in terms of accounts but it's been a while so I'm not sure what exactly. 

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T