980 SLI or Titan X

I wanna know ur opinions on whether it would be better to get a 980 SLI setup from get go or get a single Titan X and then later upgrade it by getting another Titan X when I plan to get a single 4K monitor initially and later buy 2 more 1440p (or 4K) monitors to upgrade it to 3 monitor surround gaming setup?

well one TX is enough for 1.5x 4k so 2 will be enough for 3 way maybe

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

980 SLI would be good even a pair of 970 adn save up for a high end monitor, from what ive seen dual 970's or higher outperfom a single Titan X but sometimes games aren't optimized for SLI.

so is up to you.

Depends how much $$$ ya got, was thinking of selling my 980s and going titan x SLI

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

I wanna know ur opinions on whether it would be better to get a 980 SLI setup from get go or get a single Titan X and then later upgrade it by getting another Titan X when I plan to get a single 4K monitor initially and later buy 2 more 1440p (or 4K) monitors to upgrade it to 3 monitor surround gaming setup?

4k surround is impractical. you are unlikely to truly see all of those pixels. I'd say go with 3x1440 with an auxiliary 4k above for media.

a single titan X could probably do 1440p surround on moderately high settings or it could push 4k like nobody's business.

980 SLI would be good even a pair of 970 adn save up for a high end monitor, from what ive seen dual 970's or higher outperfom a single Titan X but sometimes games aren't optimized for SLI.

so is up to you.

But would 970 SLI hold for surround gaming i.e when I get the next 2 monitors...

4k surround is impractical. you are unlikely to truly see all of those pixels. I'd say go with 3x1440 with an auxiliary 4k above for media.

a single titan X could probably do 1440p surround on moderately high settings or it could push 4k like nobody's business.

well I agree with u there...so I was thinking 4K initially and 2x 1440p for surround...will 980 SLI or a single TX be able to handle it...mind u the 1440p monitors and the 2nd TX if chosen will be bought later on

Well, I like to be able to upgrade in the future, so Titan X. Otherwise, 980 SLI would give better performance

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Titan X isn't a "great value card", but neither is 980... I would say that GTX 970 (x2), R295x2 / 2x R9 290X should also be considered as options.

If you just want the "most juice" without a consideration for value, I'd take the Titan X. That card at least has the VRAM to go a bit further.

But would 970 SLI hold for surround gaming i.e when I get the next 2 monitors...

well I agree with u there...so I was thinking 4K initially and 2x 1440p for surround...will 980 SLI or a single TX be able to handle it...mind u the 1440p monitors and the 2nd TX if chosen will be bought later on

Surround 4k (You won't hit 60fps) - SLI Titan X 35-45fps

Surround 1440p - SLI 970 or SLI 980 60fps- 85fps itwill just have pretty similiar perfomance 10 difference 

Surround 1080p - SLI 970 or 980s easily hits 120-144fps

I do it on mine. Granted, only older games can run on a that setup, otherwise it's just the middle one, but it does it well regardless.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

By the time you go 4K the Titan X will probably not be the best card on the market.  I say buy 980 SLI and sell them when you decide to do 4K for the best your budget can get you at that time.

Two sub level gpu will always give better performance than a single of the class above. No matter the brand or the model.

No need to reash this again.

It all depends on what monitor you are going to play on. 1080p I would go with a Titan x. It will be overkill for now and will last you for a long time, plus it is slightly cheaper than two 980.

Intel 5820K ¬ ASUS x99 Deluxe ¬ HyperX Predator 3000Mhz 16gb ¬ Gigabyte Titan X ¬ SuperFlow Leadex 850W ¬ Crucial Mx100 512Gb x2 RAID 0 ¬ NZXT H440 + HUE + X61 ¬ ASUS ROG Swift

-snip-

This is incorrect, and sadly bad advice. At 1080p, you'll have a hard time saturating 4gb, let alone 12. A single 980, or even 970 will be enough to dominate 1080p, and even 1440p. When the time comes for 4k, you can upgrade then, but spending $1k on a single card now isn't the smartest thing, especially when more powerful (and more fitting) solutions can be had for the same, or even cheaper. If you don't care about wasting money, Titan x it is, but you won't get anything more out of it than a single 980/970 at that resolution.

In addition, it won't guaranteed last for a long time. That's how pc components, and electronics in general work.

Finally, two sub level GPUs don't always give more performance. A lot of the time, they do, but not always. But if it were true, why would you recommend a Titan x? I don't mean to be a dick about it, but it's not your money, and price to performance, the lower the price, the lower that ratio goes (in a good way).

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum