Potential new sponsor, G2A - Yay or nay?

nicklmg

I cannot support them. They are not authorized distributors of keys and LTT taking them on as a sponsor would be LTT Promoting the ability to get these keys for cheap prices even though they are sold in countries for cheap prices because people don't get paid that much there.

For example. Steam has started to region lock even more games due to this.

If EA Sells their games at £54.99 on Origin and some site sells that for £30 you can 100% Guarantee that they are not doing that legitly and I know G2A Is very shady about everything.

I don't want LTT To take them on as a sponsor. LTT Has morals and generally I like to see it as a place with good advice. Getting your keys from shoddy backstreet dealers is not morally right and you shouldn't be doing it. Plus you would also be promoting their style of business which isn't right either.

Nick

Nick, i think there should be another option in the poll for people who've had a decent experience with G2A, but still feel that you guys shouldn't go near G2A.

Because the current option "no i had a bad experience" implies that we're just butthurt if we select that option.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Please don't support a company that frequently sells illegal copies of games.

Even when they are legal, the developers get no support from G2A.

Purchasing a game off of G2A supports developers as much as pirating a game, would you allow The Pirate Bay as a sponsor if they offered?

I don't think it's fair to say that a developer gets no support from a legit copy of a game sold on a marketplace. That game was, at one point, purchased from a source that supports the developer. That's not great for developers as they're not adding value for devs, but it's nowhere near the same as pirating...

Do you have a source that tied G2A as a company to illegal/stolen keys? (not a seller on their marketplace, the company itself) Not trying to say that you're not correct, I just want to make sure I get the facts straight.

If they said no questions asked, then they're lying.

I had to wait a week for Ubisoft support to confirm why i lost my FC4 key, then show G2A that information.

I wouldn't call that, "no questions asked"

I agree with you on that.

Did you contact customer support right after your key was disabled? What was their initial response?

I cannot support them. They are not authorized distributors of keys and LTT taking them on as a sponsor would be LTT Promoting the ability to get these keys for cheap prices even though they are sold in countries for cheap prices because people don't get paid that much there.

If EA Sells their games at £54.99 on Origin and some site sells that for £30 you can 100% Guarantee that they are not doing that legitly and I know G2A Is very shady about everything.

I don't want LTT To take them on as a sponsor. LTT Has morals and generally I like to see it as a place with good advice. Getting your keys from shoddy backstreet dealers is not morally right and you shouldn't be doing it. Plus you would also be promoting their style of business which isn't right either.

I don't see that as a moral issue, it's literally how the global economy works and G2A is well within their rights to do that IMHO, morality aside.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I am on the fence with G2A, I have bought products there, in fact I just got hardline yesterday and it was fine

The thing I dont trust on G2A are the 3rd party sellers, but they do have payment protection

I think G2A is as safe as ebay is, use at own risk

Lol, Their payment protection is BS.

Let's say you have 100 customers that are paying like £1 for payment protection and nothing goes wrong. That is £100 pure profit.

Let's say One person has a key go wrong with a £19.99 Key.

You are still making pure profit. It's like having a "Admin Fee" when you buy cinema tickets or whatever even though it's fully automated they take that little cut to boost their profits even though you get nothing back.

And if your key doesn't work... that's it your high and dry because you never paid for payment protection. Don't you see how fucking dodgy that is!!!!

That's the issue... the "we're a marketplace, we just facilitate transactions" thing works for them, but if a viewer has a negative experience when we're vouching for them, it does put us in a weird spot. That's why I'm hoping to get some feedback about their customer support, as I think that's extremely pertinent to judging them as a potential sponsor...

Even using that thought process, selling stolen/hacked/whatever games/goods is still not a very good sign of the company.

That's why I'm (especially as a game dev student) buying from buyers that I know is 100% authorized to do so.

Agreed.

The options are weird, it doesn't matter if they always deliver and have good customer service.

There are drug dealers who always deliver and have good customer service.

G2A is frequently selling illegal products.

You don't sponsor that...

This poll is also not cool, we don't need to do business with them and have a bad experience to know they're not good guys.

The "but I've never used them" seems like you could use it as an excuse to not listen to those votes with a "well if you've never used them how can you judge them?"

No, I've never used them, and I've never used them because I don't support what they do.

You're right. Sorry, it's after 2am here so I overlooked that.

Added "no, I think their business practices are shady" as an option.

People brought codes with stolen credit cards and sold them on G2A

Unless you got the Shield your stuffed if the code doesn't work

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

I don't see that as a moral issue, it's literally how the global economy works and G2A is well within their rights to do that IMHO, morality aside.

So because people don't get the same amount of money as you and companies are trying to lower prices in those areas so they can at least buy the game that means you should also have the right to those prices even though you get a decent wage at the end of the day when they get like $10 a week.

Not trying to pick a fight I just want to understand how you think you should have those prices when they aren't meant for you.

I am on the fence with G2A, I have bought products there, in fact I just got hardline yesterday and it was fine

The thing I dont trust on G2A are the 3rd party sellers, but they do have payment protection

I think G2A is as safe as ebay is, use at own risk, if you want a guaranteed 100% purchase, get it from Steam or similar stores just like ebay is a slight risk compared to say, going to your local shop and buying it off the shelf

You traitor.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

SNIP

So like all insurance.... that is how insurance works 

I have had car insurance for 5 years, so far I have paid around £7000 JUST in car insurance.. never once claimed on it......now imagine EVERY driver in the world

Same as my mobile phone insurance, etc etc etc -

You traitor.

haha, not really, I am on the fence as there is no evidence to support either side, so far I have only had about 3 things from there but they all seemed fine

The fact its paypal verified, that tons of people including high level youtubers advertise for them etc show that there is something good there, but as with all things there are horror stories and problem so its not a 100% perfect service

Until there is 100% categorical evidence saying it is .. or not, I will remain on the fence

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I don't think it's fair to say that a developer gets no support from a legit copy of a game sold on a marketplace. That game was, at one point, purchased from a source that supports the developer. That's not great for developers as they're not adding value for devs, but it's nowhere near the same as pirating...

Do you have a source that tied G2A as a company to illegal/stolen keys? (not a seller on their marketplace, the company itself) Not trying to say that you're not correct, I just want to make sure I get the facts straight.

I agree with you on that.

Did you contact customer support right after your key was disabled? What was their initial response?

Immediately after i saw the news about FC keys, i contacted them. After a few hours, they got in touch and asked me to get information from Ubisoft (while i had no problem with doing that, what they've told you is alarming)

My basis on the statemet that G2A as a company deal in illegal keys is:

a) they still sell keys at a much cheaper price than it should be. If they were legal keys, they wouldn't be making any money. If they weren't making any money, G2A wouldn't exist.

b) Ubisoft wouldn't cancel my key unless it was illegitimate [i hope...]. 

I haven't seen anyone manage to find more evidence than that, but the above is fairly conclusive.

As for getting the facts straight, i'd do the exact same thing in your position, so i completely understand.

This is partly a moral issue. If devs and pubs are making a 1/4 of the money they should from that sale, how is that fair on them.

As for G2A being well within their rights, i'm not so sure about that.

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

So like all insurance.... that is how insurance works 

I have had car insurance for 5 years, so far I have paid around £7000 JUST in car insurance.. never once claimed on it......now imagine EVERY driver in the world

Same as my mobile phone insurance, etc etc etc -

Yep you are correct but I don't expect to have to pay insurance on a key that I bought incase it's already been activated and they can't prove it because they don't have any contacts at Origin, Steam or Ubisoft who can verify who has the key.

When you buy car insurance you sort of expect that to work. When you buy G2A Shield you are protecting yourself against their faults and problems.

Lol, Their payment protection is BS.

Let's say you have 100 customers that are paying like £1 for payment protection and nothing goes wrong. That is £100 pure profit.

Let's say One person has a key go wrong with a £19.99 Key.

You are still making pure profit. It's like having a "Admin Fee" when you buy cinema tickets or whatever even though it's fully automated they take that little cut to boost their profits even though you get nothing back.

And if your key doesn't work... that's it your high and dry because you never paid for payment protection. Don't you see how fucking dodgy that is!!!!

I agree that buying their Shield service is essentially a racket. That's one of the major things we don't like about them. Just trying to gauge the community's opinion/experiences.

Yes, sure, i have no problem with G2A. You probably should not buy from sketchy sellers, but other than that great platform and much better than eBay for buying keys^^

Personal rig: Silverstone SG13 Case | AMD Ryzen 1700 | Biostar X370GTN |  EVGA GTX1080 Superclocked w/ FTW BIOS  | 450W SFX PSU | 16GB GSKILL DDR4-2666 | Roccat Ryus MK Pro Keyboard & Roccat Kone XTD Mouse | Samsung 850Pro NVMe PCIe SSD 256GB

Working Laptop: Thinkpad T460p with Core i7 6700HQ @ 2.6 GHz | 32GB DDR4 RAM | Intel HD 530 | GeForce 940MX | 256 GB Crucial M500 SSD 

Yep you are correct but I don't expect to have to pay insurance on a key that I bought incase it's already been activated and they can't prove it because they don't have any contacts at Origin, Steam or Ubisoft who can verify who has the key.

When you buy car insurance you sort of expect that to work. When you buy G2A Shield you are protecting yourself against their faults and problems.

True but I have had a friend saved from the shield protection so....yeah, and you are not forced to buy it.. I see G2A as a risk just like ebay, since the game is like 1/3 the cost anyway an extra £1 is hardly an issue, you are still saving money which is the ONLY point of buying from G2A

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

So because people don't get the same amount of money as you and companies are trying to lower prices in those areas so they can at least buy the game that means you should also have the right to those prices even though you get a decent wage at the end of the day when they get like $10 a week.

Not trying to pick a fight I just want to understand how you think you should have those prices when they aren't meant for you.

Like I said before, it's how the world works.

If a business was going to start carrying an item, lets say corn...would they not price it out? They would look at local places and places abroad to buy it from at the lowest price possible taking into account exchange rates and taxes. If they found it was less expensive to import it from oversees then they would (for example) why is it suddenly a moral and ethical issue if it's done over video games by the consumer?

As long as the keys are obtained legally and legitimately I see no issue with G2A utilizing their business model to make a profit.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

True but I have had a friend saved from the shield protection so....yeah, and you are not forced to buy it.. I see G2A as a risk just like ebay, since the game is like 1/3 the cost anyway an extra £1 is hardly an issue, you are still saving money which is the ONLY point of buying from G2A

With eBay you can dispute and get your money back. With G2A You can't do shit. Steam, Origin and the devs won't help you because they don't authorize G2A to sell the keys.

With eBay you can dispute and get your money back. With G2A You can't do shit. Steam, Origin and the devs won't help you because they don't authorize G2A to sell the keys.

What are you talking about? there are plenty of developers that back G2A - they are even listed on the website

Steam etc do not have exclusive rights to game keys, just because a game is sold on steam, does not mean a developer is not authorised to sell keys other places!!!

that is not to say ALL developers support the site - some have outright said they do not support games being sold there.. and some are happy to partner up with them

Its all very grey

It's not really fair to say "you can't do shit" since there is at least one user in this thread who was sold an illegitimate key, dealt with customer service, and got a legit key (not as quickly as G2A claimed people did, and in my opinion not in an acceptable amount of time, but they did get a legitimate key in the end).

Just to add something, I would really like to see GOG.com as a sponsor, they have great prices and a fantastic catalog of older games all of which are DRM free!

Hail Sithis!

Just to add something, I would really like to see GOG.com as a sponsor, they have great prices and a fantastic catalog of older games all of which are DRM free!

YEP GOG.com fuck G2A,Steam,Origin GOG.com is the fucking best

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

People saying the keys must be stolen since they are so cheap, I'm sure there are some but check amazon.co.uk prices on newly released games, they are around the same price

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883