test to see if the cpu runs at it's propper speed

Guest Haduvokone
Go to solution Solved by StainlessSR,

the extra L3 cache per core and hyper threading (depending on the game and/or program you are using) would be worth it to me. That would equal about 130 usd (cheaper than a new I5), and a friend of mine in germany sent me a link to the eu amazon where they are going for around 213-280 eur.

Sounds like a winner to me as long as you are not expecting huge improvements from this upgrade.

Also with 64 players?

No. The map was empty except for two people - the one map I tried to join with 60+ players wouldn't load at all.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Also with 64 players?

No doubt the same as mine... GTX970 VS 290X are very very similar in most titles.

I bet he has 60-100fps (Average to Max)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

No doubt the same as mine... GTX970 VS 290X are very very similar in most titles.

I bet he has 60-100fps (Average to Max)

OW i was talking about an 64 player map

OW i was talking about an 64 player map

I know, I'm saying it's gunna be the same as me pretty much,... 60-100fps in 64p MP.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I know, I'm saying it's gunna be the same as me pretty much,... 60-100fps in 64p MP.

with me there is a very big difference no players is 120 fps 64 players =30 fps

with me there is a very big difference no players is 120 fps 64 players =30 fps

That's a pretty substantial drop, hope Mantle does not have issues... that's your best bet.

That's a pretty substantial drop, hope Mantle does not have issues... that's your best bet.

well i gues i have to buy some new hardware then because that indiates that there is something wrong with this

i think i found the problem i am so stupid! i think evrytime i installed windows i forgot to install windows updates can that be the cause?

i think i found the problem i am so stupid! i think evrytime i installed windows i forgot to install windows updates can that be the cause?

Probably not, sorry to say, I know you want this fixed...

I've got 5 machines at home,.. 3 of them have NEVER had updates done,.. and their all working fine.

I also know other people who don't enable them and their fully working gaming machines.

Probably not, sorry to say, I know you want this fixed...

I've got 5 machines at home,.. 3 of them have NEVER had updates done,.. and their all working fine.

I also know other people who don't enable them and their fully working gaming machines.

ow

ow

But don't let it stop you from updating,... for YOUR machine it could very well be the cause... even if it isn't applicable to my machines.

When issues piss me off to a point and I believe it's a software issue,. I backup and do a reinstall.

Too much trouble for some,.. but it's only a couple of hours work or less, less for me cos I have backup images for this method.

/3am goin to bed, so quoting me a lot won't do much until I wake up.. but hopefully someone else will chime in, read the past posts and make some good suggestions.

But don't let it stop you from updating,... for YOUR machine it could very well be the cause... even if it isn't applicable to my machines.

When issues piss me off to a point and I believe it's a software issue,. I backup and do a reinstall.

Too much trouble for some,.. but it's only a couple of hours work or less.

i am doing a reinstall right now actually i am on ltt from the new installation that is now asking me for a origin password so wait a sec ;)

i am doing a reinstall right now actually i am on ltt from the new installation that is now asking me for a origin password so wait a sec ;)

Ill be checking back here in a few hours... Hopefully your already good by then...

Ill be checking back here in a few hours... Hopefully your already good by then...

well good night :)  because it will take a while to download and here in holland it's only 17:36 so afternoon but anyway thanks for the great help i hope it works now or i am gonna quit gaming anyway because well it just gives me too much problems

i am very unhappy to say it has something to do with the cpu because it's just in bf4 at 100% no other programs and my frames just dips very low sorry guys i think it's over  :(

i am very unhappy to say it has something to do with the cpu because it's just in bf4 at 100% no other programs and my frames just dips very low sorry guys i think it's over  :(

But is it all maps or just seige of shanghai?

It's weird,.. my older 2600K i7 (slower single core performance) set to disable hyperthreading turning it into an i5 much like yours, did not have much issue playing it...

It also got to 100% CPU load in Shanghai, but the GPU didn't drop FPS that much... and it was mainly when the tower came down and had lots of constant dust/smoke around the map.

Does it happen in any other map? IE: Do you get proper performance in other maps?

/I may not reply for a while, have some PC jobs out and about to do...

It's weird,.. my older 2600K i7 (slower single core performance) set to disable hyperthreading turning it into an i5 much like yours, did not have much issue playing it...

It also got to 100% CPU load in Shanghai, but the GPU didn't drop FPS that much... and it was mainly when the tower came down and had lots of constant dust/smoke around the map.

Does it happen in any other map? IE: Do you get proper performance in other maps?

Thank you for the reply! Yes it is sieghe of Shanghai and dawnbreaker also has it a little

Bfore i go to school i also wanted too say that the 3570 is equivalent to an 4460 in benchmarks so i don't know the problem

Bfore i go to school i also wanted too say that the 3570 is equivalent to an 4460 in benchmarks so i don't know the problem

I think it may not be the CPU issue you thought it was,....maybe it has something to do with your storage drive.. esp if its a slow 5400rpm laptop drive... I really hope you do not have WIndows as well as BF4 trying to be read at the same time on that drive...

I run all my games off an SSD, so it's not a limiting factor.

If only you had a spare drive you could throw BF4 on...

I rececently took an 1tb blue 7200 rpm drive ;(

I do have spare drives tho but my hdd ussage is 0% when playing

-SNIP-

Clarification - When installing drivers did you use the driver disc or did you source drivers manually from the motherboard website.

FYI - Disc drivers are rarely current,.. and motherboard website drivers are the surefire way to get the latest for your system.

What I do is install ethernet from the disc if windows doesn't already enable it,.. then go online to grab the rest.

When you said you installed GPU drivers,.. you did try different ones or the same driver multiple times? Disc drivers or AMD website drivers..?

What motherboard do you have,. all you have listed in profile is 'the cheap one you could find'

Yeah sorry for that i have an asus h h61 board and yes i did Dosnload the latest drivers from the website but when my CPU usage is 100% while playing bf4 doesn't that mean that it's really the CPU? Btw thank you WO muxh for the help i really aprieciate it

Yeah sorry for that i have an asus h h61 board and yes i did Dosnload the latest drivers from the website but when my CPU usage is 100% while playing bf4 doesn't that mean that it's really the CPU? Btw thank you WO muxh for the help i really aprieciate it

It would certainly give the impression it's the CPU,.. I'm just trying to nail down the mystery :)

It's a more than capable CPU, and if its NOT declocking the CPU with load I have no idea,...

ie: Your clockspeed does not drop on the CPU while playing BF4 does it? <-- it shouldn't anyway but you never know until you look.

/Remember to quote me or I won't know you replied :)

But maby it is my motherboard sorry for short replies on school