test to see if the cpu runs at it's propper speed

Guest Haduvokone
Go to solution Solved by StainlessSR,

the extra L3 cache per core and hyper threading (depending on the game and/or program you are using) would be worth it to me. That would equal about 130 usd (cheaper than a new I5), and a friend of mine in germany sent me a link to the eu amazon where they are going for around 213-280 eur.

Sounds like a winner to me as long as you are not expecting huge improvements from this upgrade.

What's your monitor refresh rate?

60 hz

60 hz

It's definitely not due to V-Sync then. Did you try @SkilledRebuilds suggestion?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

What's your monitor refresh rate?

personally i think it is just a very big bottleneck because when i pop on mantle evrything is great

It's definitely not due to V-Sync then. Did you try @SkilledRebuilds suggestion?

yeah i did 

it is always in shiege of schanhai when i get a bottleneck

Same here dude, even with my i5 @ 4.15Ghz, my CPU is at 95-98% ish and can spike to 100%, and my GPU usage can drop into the 90-95% range from usually always being pegged at 99-100%, it's a slightly more demanding map than the others.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

yeah i did 

I'm going to try running through the map while monitoring my frame rate to see what happens.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Same here dude, even with my i5 @ 4.15Ghz, it's a slightly more demanding map than the others.

I'm going to try running through the map while monitoring my frame rate to see what happens.

Same here dude, even with my i5 @ 4.15Ghz, it's a slightly more demanding map than the others.

thank you guys for the super good support awsome thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you guys for the super good support awsome thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Certain maps will be way better than others.

And certain games will have more performance (FPS) than others.

Gaming - CPU/GPU load is always ever changing dynamically and varies.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

yeah but the main problem is is that on sieghe of schanghai my framerate is just very very very low

My board does too - but it should be hitting 3.8GHz. That's the turbo speed for the CPU.

That's the two core turbo speed. Three cores will only boost to 3.7GHz and four cores will only allow a boost clock of 3.6GHz. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

does this say something?

post-182393-0-06196100-1427031289_thumb.

post-182393-0-06196100-1427031289_thumb.

does this say something?

attachicon.gifNaamloos.jpg

Not to me, I never use those graphs when playing.

Someone else may have more insight.

yeah i also never used them haha but thanks for the quik response

do you have problems with shiege of shangai?

Problem.. not really.. I have a really strong CPU and GPU combo.

I see high 90%+ CPU usage, but pretty sure thats universal for everyone with an i5 anyway.

My GPU does not have any issues giving me 60-100FPS at all when Maxed out 1080p with Ultra details and 4xMSAA.

That's the two core turbo speed. Three cores will only boost to 3.7GHz and four cores will only allow a boost clock of 3.6GHz.

The CPU was being stressed at the time.

The CPU was being stressed at the time.

what did you notice with your bf

I didn't get to run it yet. It was downloading updates. It should be good now.

Call me crazy but, If you want o try this it's very easy. 

In the control panel, go to power options. and change it from balanced to "High Performance" then go back to playing BF4. but while you are playing the only programs you should have open are your browser & origin.

CPU: I5-4690K @ 4.3ghz | MOBO: Asus Z97-A | RAM: HyperX Fury 2x4GB White | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970| SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | PSU: EVGA 750B2 80+Bronze | 

Call me crazy but, If you want o try this it's very easy. 

In the control panel, go to power options. and change it from balanced to "High Performance" then go back to playing BF4. but while you are playing the only programs you should have open are your browser & origin.

already did that  :(

already did that  :(

how much Ram do you have on your Motherboard? 4GB / 6GB/ 8 GB/ 12GB/ 16GB ? Are they the same, same vendor, same speed?

CPU: I5-4690K @ 4.3ghz | MOBO: Asus Z97-A | RAM: HyperX Fury 2x4GB White | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970| SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | PSU: EVGA 750B2 80+Bronze | 

how much Ram do you have on your Motherboard? 4GB / 6GB/ 8 GB/ 12GB/ 16GB ? Are they the same, same vendor, same speed?

yep 2 sticks of 4 gb 1600 crucial kit so 8 gigs total

yep 2 sticks of 4 gb 1600 crucial kit so 8 gigs total

There's not much more really I could add. I just finished playing BF4 on Seige of Shanghai and did not experience any problems. Always above 90+ FPS even during the Levolution. I know the other commentator are looking for a solution as well. 

I didn't find a game that was filled with anyone with that particular map so I had to settle for a pretty much empty one. My frame rate varied from 70-90FPS with everything on Ultra and 4x MSAA. I have a GTX 970 overclocked to 1.467GHz, 12GB of RAM, and a 3570K at 4.2GHz.

I didn't find a game that was filled with anyone with that particular map so I had to settle for a pretty much empty one. My frame rate varied from 70-90FPS with everything on Ultra and 4x MSAA. I have a GTX 970 overclocked to 1.467GHz, 12GB of RAM, and a 3570K at 4.2GHz.

Also with 64 players?