Heaven Society - Week 39 (A Lull in the Sea & Trigun)

vfAXr6z.png

This Weeks Animes!

A Lull in the Sea

d99c929645c02750629a15aae71f060b13994029

Synopsis

Long ago, humanity lived in the sea. But the humans who longed for the land left the sea behind. They cast aside the special raiment they'd been given by the sea god that let them live in the ocean. The thinking of the sea humans and the land humans became as separate as the places they lived, and as countless time passed, they forgot they were once one people. This will change as the land-dwelling human Tsumugu Kihara befriends four students who live in a village at the bottom of the sea.

Read more at ANN

Links to Watch

Crunchyroll

Hulu

Trigun

key_art_trigun.jpg

Synopsis

Vash the Stampede is a gunman on the run with a 60 billion double dollar bounty on his head which has made it difficult for him to go anywhere without being chased and shot at. Every town he ever visits ends up being destroyed because of his pursuers, but miraculously no one ever gets killed. Meryl and Milly are two insurance agents that have been sent to find Vash the Stampede and keep him under surveillance so no more damage is caused. Meryl, who leads the pair, refuses to believe that the man they have met can possibly be the legendary gunman. This spikey haired, gangly, young man is extremely friendly, a pacifist, hates blood and suicide, absolutely loves donuts, and is a dork and a crybaby (far from a notorious outlaw). But there is more to Vash and his past than meets the eye.

Read more at ANN

Links to Watch

Funimation

Hulu

Member Tags

@Luclocke @MyInnerFred @RainColt @TheProfosist @Rockmandash12 @CatCloud @Charger @iSaeko=(@Oshino Shinobu) @Jaybird @Cryptonite @DarkCrow @EChondo @killers993 @Epitome @GokuLy @lutewan @Izaya Orihara @squirrl @oc0110 @Legion @Laforet @Admire @yurihellsing @EmotionalSloth @Katsu-K1L @TetraSky @Ivyk @Typho @TheGFXNovice @Fruits Punch Samurai G @frustratedrocka @Purple Spy @Sky Daddy @Adamu @Smiles1946 @GloriousPain @gastew15 @Vitalius @Le Lion de Barreras @Kagami Tsukino @DigitalHermit @Unbr34k4bl3 @Noire @Randomacts @c3p0_ @Rashy @ThyFeared @That Norwegian Guy @ThyFeared @wng_kingsley7 @Trogdor8freebird @Rising @brownninja97 @Marvzl1357 @achillesviper @Laputacake @xnoobftw @ArkAngel_X @wolfgang @Daegun @DudeWazap @eelnico09 @Jerakl @Tr3vor @Belgarionbg @Pugs501 @Silver Knight @MageofFaith @KRImSIN @cae @Ploooopp @Phorlorn @BurgerBum @Kukielka @Mujteba @ Hatsune Miku 「 」 @Ruostunut kokis @ Archangel1994 @tobben @Delusional Phil @Laederem @GrimNeo @Makeishura/Taurus Silver @Kizer0918 @Maheshvara @PercySavageEG @SHAD0WxF1R3 @ DollarPCJunior @Opask @soaringchicken @JoeyDM @shanky887614 @Tokuninashi @ NormalJoe @Zer0r8ing @Pomfinator @zappian @Xaring @KingCry @JuztBe @ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen @Brainless906 @azurezeed @ilove64 @cesrai @MLGNOSCOPEHEADSHOTGETREKT @Jacona @BashZeStampeedo @thorbrantly101 @ultralars @Pohernori @Xsinar @ONOTech @ManOfDisguise @Tonylu1595 @ICantThinkOfAnyGoodName

If you're interested in becoming a member please head over to the main club thread for more information.
This is a poll that is created from a list of suggested anime from the Anime Suggestion Submission thread. If there is any anime you think the club should watch and discuss please suggest it there.

Use LinusTechTips Sponsor Crunchyroll to support LTT!

Visit http://crunchyroll.com/linus for a free 30 day trial

Dam a double week!? This has been happening quite too often lately I feel...

c6d6f9b412524e06e9737d5210d17aba0f68f7d7

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Oh, a tie. I was shocked for a second there thinking that A Lull in the Sea had won out against everything else. Still surprised that it tied, but less than I was before.

Gonna continue watching Bokurano. I have these two downloaded, I'll get to them eventually.

Maybe...

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

I haven't watched any anime in months... Maybe I'll watch this one.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I already saw both of them, Nagi no Asukara and Trigun are both good anime for different reasons. Though since Nagi no Asukara is written by one of my favourite writers (Mari Okada) and has character designs from my favourite character designer (Buriki) it's hard not to be biased towards it :P

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Both of those seems pretty interesting. I think I'll watch trigun once I've finished Tokyo Ghoul.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I haven't watched any anime in months... Maybe I'll watch this one.

Same here. Just too much schoolwork, and an exam week creeping around the corner.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Trigun is a 90s anime that helped popularize anime here in america,  and it's a nice combination of Comedy, a ClintEastWood style Western combined with a SciFi, with plenty of religious/ideological questions being asked and I personally believe this is one of those anime that could help make you a better person simply by watching it and thinking about it. 

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

No time for this shit, I must watch Mirai Nikki.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

No time for this shit, I must watch Mirai Nikki.

Hehehe... It's soo surprisingly good! I'm considering rewatching it after having last completed it almost 4 years ago.

Welp I'm going to sleep! Happy watching!

Also will have to wait on Nagi-Asu otherwise I will be close to hitting my download limit and the Coalgirls release is 45GB!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Yes, since i already watched A lull in the sea (and it's awesome go watch it!) i will start with Trigun

Also A lull in the sea is an original anime and that means the entire thing is well planned from start to end, and it does have an end not like other anime adaptations.

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Those who've already watched Trigun could always read the manga instead, for a change of pace...

<_< if i had it i would be tempted

I'll be watching tri-gun. Just finished Code Geass, it was actually very good. Not 10/10 but up there.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trigun is a 90s anime that helped popularize anime here in america,  and it's a nice combination of Comedy, a ClintEastWood style Western combined with a SciFi, with plenty of religious/ideological questions being asked and I personally believe this is one of those anime that could help make you a better person simply by watching it and thinking about it. 

So basically Cowboy Bebop ? Haha

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically Cowboy Bebop ? Haha

Cowboy Bebop and Trigun are two anime that are so similar yet feels so different  ^_^

CPU Intel Core i7-5930K @ 3.5 GHz Motherboard Asus X99 Deluxe RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2800MHz GPU 2 x Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming (SLI)

Case Corsair Carbide Series Air 540 (Gray) Storage 2 x 1TB 850 Pro, 2 x 4TB WD Black PSU Corsair AX1500i (1500W) Display Asus PG348Q Ultrawide - G-Sync

Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma Mouse Razer Mamba Sound Logitech G633 Operating System Windows 10

Hehehe... It's soo surprisingly good! I'm considering rewatching it after having last completed it almost 4 years ago.

Also will have to wait on Nagi-Asu otherwise I will be close to hitting my download limit and the Coalgirls release is 45GB!

Freaking great anime, but Yuno is a psycho.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Oh no. I have to say, I really didn't like this anime. It's one of the few I just didn't want to watch anymore, so I stopped part way through. 

Oh no. I have to say, I really didn't like this anime. It's one of the few I just didn't want to watch anymore, so I stopped part way through.

A Lull in the Sea or trigun I'm guessing A Lull in the Sea

A Lull in the Sea or trigun I'm guessing A Lull in the Sea

Ah, yeah. A Lull in the Sea. The concept is pretty cool, but I didn't like the characters or setting. 

Ah, yeah. A Lull in the Sea. The concept is pretty cool, but I didn't like the characters or setting.

the image makes me want to watch it but i have not started yet so i guess i will find out in a few days if it is any good

the image makes me want to watch it but i have not started yet so i guess i will find out in a few days if it is any good

i have to say, A lull in the sea maybe start a little weak but it takes force after the first half.

though i might have to re-watch it (i don't remember some parts of what happened at the beginning)

Error: 451                             

I'm not copying helping, really :P

Those who've already watched Trigun could always read the manga instead, for a change of pace...

That might be a great call. I've seen it several times and although I'm happy to watch it again (and again) someone mentioned in the voting thread that the Manga is much deeper. I'll have to go and find it now!

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

It's one of my favorites. The movie for it wasn't bad either.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I'm right with you there. I'm just not sure which dramatic anime to watch, KimiUso or NagiAsu... I'm not likely to be able to watch both within a month or two of each other.