Games Very Laggy on Good PC Setup

wolfslab
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

I have reinstalled drivers multiple times and it started doing it about 1 month after getting this GPU.

Try running latest beta driers if you aren't already. This has been thing with BF series starting from BF3 where Nvidia drivers are just crap on launch and beta drivers will fix issues.

I have had the same problem before and i have gotten it to work and after i updated my drivers It started again. I'm lagging very bad on BFH and i checked the CPU and GPU usage and CPU is high but GPU is stuck around 135MHz. There is not thermal throttling i have checked and ran a stressed test on my GPU with Furmark and it used the entire GPU. I need this permanently fixed so when i play a game i don't half to re install things all the time. My PC specs are below. 

CPU: AMD FX-4300 Quad Core @ stock speeds

GPU: EVGA GTX 750ti SC ACX Twin Cooler 2GB @ +291MHz for clock offset 

PSU: Corsair CX600

Motherboard: msi 760gma-p34(fx)

RAM: 2x 4GB

Sounds like your CPU is bottlenecking your GPU

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

I have had the same problem before and i have gotten it to work and after i updated my drivers It started again. I'm lagging very bad on BFH and i checked the CPU and GPU usage and CPU is high but GPU is stuck around 135MHz. There is not thermal throttling i have checked and ran a stressed test on my GPU with Furmark and it used the entire GPU. I need this permanently fixed so when i play a game i don't half to re install things all the time. My PC specs are below. 

CPU: AMD FX-4300 Quad Core @ stock speeds

GPU: EVGA GTX 750ti SC ACX Twin Cooler 2GB @ +291MHz for clock offset 

PSU: Corsair CX600

Motherboard: msi 760gma-p34(fx)

RAM: 2x 4GB

better CPU mate ;)

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

It might be the game, also your cpu is pretty weak

Its all looks these days

It might be the game, also your cpu is pretty weak

I know my CPU is weak, Im upgrading it soon.

BF4 and Hardline are for Intel Processors.

| Intel i7 5820K @ 4.8GHz | G.Skill Ripjaws 4X4GB | X99 PRO | HoF 980 | Asus MX299Q | Sennheiser HD600 |

I know my CPU is weak, Im upgrading it soon.

do you have another game 2 test???

Its all looks these days

Everyone jumped on about your CPU and must have skipped over this important piece of info...

but GPU is stuck around 135MHz.

Reinstall GPU drivers - many people who have 'stuck' clockspeeds generally fix it with a driver re-install.

(Maybe rollback to the previous version to see if its the current driver your using, or try the same set again)

/You'd be surprised how often it's a driver issue.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

It does the same on that game to.

What happens exactly??? Like whn you launch it

Its all looks these days

What happens exactly??? Like whn you launch it

It launches like normal but when i get in the game it laggs. And i have played these game before with no problem with the same settings but on a GTX 650.

It launches like normal but when i get in the game it laggs. And i have played these game before with no problem with the same settings but on a GTX 650.

Everyone jumped on about your CPU and must have skipped over this important piece of info...your STUCK GPU clockspeeds.....

Reinstall GPU drivers - many people who have 'stuck' clockspeeds generally fix it with a driver re-install.

(Maybe rollback to the previous version to see if its the current driver your using, or try the same set again)

@wolfslab @wolfslab @wolfslab

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Yeah dude they are pretty CPU intensive games as well, need something more strong an 8320 would give you a huge boost. Wouldn't get anything bigger on that motherboard as the 760 chipset is questionable. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

Go in to geforce experience and let it optimize the settings and then launch through geforce experience 

Its all looks these days

Everyone jumped on about your CPU and must have skipped over this important piece of info...

IM going the the version before the latest to see if that is the problem.

Go in to geforce experience and let it optimize the settings and then launch through geforce experience 

All of my games are optimized through geforce experience.

GPU is stuck around 135MHz.

Seems no one is focusing on the real issue here... saying it's the CPU's fault... I wish people would actually read the OP fully instead of instantly seeing the CPU and bashing it as the cause.

It is still the same with the previous driver installed.

Still stuck at 135Mhz, under load, not idle?

/You need an experienced GFE user,.. I am not on that ecosystem, but know it causes problems for many users too.

post-83355-0-29345300-1426902130_thumb.p

All of my games are optimized through geforce experience.

You can run it for sure look at this..... I would reinstall drivers 

Its all looks these days

attachicon.gifUntitledsedser.png

You can run it for sure look at this..... I would reinstall drivers 

I have reinstalled drivers multiple times and it started doing it about 1 month after getting this GPU.

do you 0overclock

Its all looks these days

Try running latest beta driers if you aren't already. This has been thing with BF series starting from BF3 where Nvidia drivers are just crap on launch and beta drivers will fix issues.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv