EVGA gtx 980 super clocked packaging.

lukky211111

So got my 980 in the mail today and i wanted to inspect the packaging a bit (im no expert on this sort of thing) so open it up it comes with a nice poster startup guide drivers disc etc. theirs no foam packaging and its not in an anti static bag. What's with that?

askdjfasdf

So got my 980 in the mail today and i wanted to inspect the packaging a bit (im no expert on this sort of thing) so open it up it comes with a nice poster startup guide drivers disc etc. theirs no foam packaging and its not in an anti static bag. What's with that?

sound like a refurbished/used card...

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Is it inside a plastic shell?

EVGA's packing is like that, it's pretty ghetto IMO.

Looks like this right?

IMG_20140819_174035997_HDR_zps1cb528af.j

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Pics would help but sounds like you got a used card, contact EVGA directly

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

sound like a refurbished/used card...

nope doesnt seem that way its in this plastic casing and look brand spanking new and ive checked some unboxing and it has the same type of packaging. i just thought for a almost $600 card id get a lil beter packaging granted its a graphics card.

askdjfasdf

Looks like this right?

Hmm my friend's 750ti came in an anti-static bag...

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

Looks like this right?

thatd be it

Pics would help but sounds like you got a used card, contact EVGA directly

no camera:/ sorry for the hastle of this.

askdjfasdf

Hmm my friend's 750ti came in an anti-static bag...

Holy F that is ghetto, EVGA just lost 20 swag points, thats not even close to be acceptable, thats plain stupid

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

One time i bought a card from msi and it came in a cardboard box.... No joke just a generic cardboard box no labeling or anything....I contacted them and they sent me the wrong order..... I would contact them and be like "hey m8 you sent me an unprotected card and i dont r8 8/8" thats what I would do 

Its all looks these days

Holy F that is ghetto, EVGA just lost 20 swag points, thats not even close to be acceptable, thats plain stupid

i agree.....but its got a 3 year warranty so i cant complain too much.

askdjfasdf

One time i bought a card from msi and it came in a cardboard box.... No joke just a generic cardboard box no labeling or anything....I contacted them and they sent me the wrong order..... I would contact them and be like "hey m8 you sent me an unprotected card and i dont r8 8/8" thats what I would do 

problem is every unboxing im seeing on youtube of this card all have the same exact packaging.

askdjfasdf

im disappointed in evga a little bit.

askdjfasdf

why?  it was in an anti-static bag inside bubble-wrap inside a box...

My dad's ACX 760 came in the packaging like that too. Just a plastic retainer that holds the shape of the GPU. There's no foam or antistatic bag.

"Rawr XD"

why?  it was in an anti-static bag inside bubble-wrap inside a box...

If I buy a 900 card I personally want to have atleast a bit of an unboxing experience, you may think different but at this price point they can get some nicer looking package, I also think that the foam is still better than bubble wrap

My dad's ACX 760 came in the packaging like that too. Just a plastic retainer that holds the shape of the GPU. There's no foam or antistatic bag.

thats disappointed.....

askdjfasdf

Mother of gawd asus has some freaking OP packaging on ares card....evga needs 2 take notes post-83355-0-76532500-1426900796.png

Its all looks these days

If I buy a 900 card I personally want to have atleast a bit of an unboxing experience, you may think different but at this price point they can get some nicer looking package, I also think that the foam is still better than bubble wrap

i agree with you personally i wanted something that definetly looks and feels more secure. come on EVGA your better than this.

askdjfasdf

it was a 750ti, not a 900

it was a 750ti, not a 900

I see, thought it was a 900 series aswell, still think the packaging is at lowest point possible, would rather pay 5$ more and have a nicer box tbh

i wanted to know my $600 card is protected in shipping and while in its box not have to worry about when i build my computer and praying that its not broken.

askdjfasdf

Meanwhile on red team

r9295x2-8b.jpg

thats to be expected....i think considering it was quite expensive when released.....damn it evga.....

askdjfasdf

Yeah EVGA's getting kinda famous for this now. All with the no backplates non-sense.

I thought my G1 gaming was too much packaged, a Box in a box, inside a fully foamed contour with the very neatly wrapped anti static bag, but it's definitely better than THAT. Ewwww, EVGA cmon. 

Intel 4790 K - R9 295X2 - Gigabyte Z97-SLI - Corsair Vengeance Pro Black 1866 CAL9 - Corsair HX 1000 -Samsung 850 EVO SSD - Samsung HDD - H100I - Corsair C70 - G400 Logitech - Asus VS247H - WASD custom mechanical and QCKPAD! 

Staples of LTT: Getting an 4690 K will resurrect your lost family members, AMD = More heat thus AMD = Satan. 

All EVGA cards come like that. Been buying EVGA exclusive since 2011 and every GPU I purchased was packaged like that. I have never had damaged stuff from them so it's all good. 

Ryzen 7 3700x | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WiFi | TForce Delta 32GB DDR4 | WINDOWS 10 64 BIT | WD Black 1TB NVME | Intel 1TB NVME | WD Black 4tb HDD | Nvidia 3080 FE | Seasonic 850w Platinum | Fractal Design Meshify C Tempered | BeQuiet DarkRock Slim |