3570 non k Big bottleneck bf4

Guest Haduvokone
Go to solution Solved by Bussinateur,

Your CPU is not the bottleneck. Try reinstalling latest beta drivers and reinstalling the game as well

Or it's an issue with the DX11 driver being installed improperly.  Mantle may help for more reasons than alleviating a CPU bottleneck.

I've seen some crazy shit result from driver installs being goofed up.

Quite simply, there isn't a semi-recent CPU out there that will bottleneck BF4 at 30 FPS, certainly not a 3570.  Even an FX 4150 will do better than that.  

when i use mantle the cpu ussage is at 100% but with dx11 around 80

I've seen some crazy shit result from driver installs being goofed up.

Quite simply, there isn't a semi-recent CPU out there that will bottleneck BF4 at 30 FPS, certainly not a 3570.  Even an FX 4150 will do better than that.  

exactly...you can find A LOT of person having similar issues with poor performance with battlefield...i've seen it more than once and it even hapenned to me with battlefield 3 running like crap at some point while i was getting 80FPS+ FPS in BF4...did a full re-install of the game and it was not any better...the problem went away when i did a full re-format of both of my drives...since then both BF3 and BF4 run fine and i'll play hardline tonight i just bought the game! :)

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

exactly...you can find A LOT of person having similar issues with poor performance with battlefield...i've seen it more than once and it even hapenned to me with battlefield 3 running like crap at some point while i was getting 80FPS+ FPS in BF4...did a full re-install of the game and it was not any better...the problem went away when i did a full re-format of both of my drives...since then both BF3 and BF4 run fine and i'll play hardline tonight i just bought the game! :)

i tried to repair bf4 with origin game repair i know that does nothing but still i tought i would trie and near the end this popped up!

post-182393-0-08132100-1426793040.png

GPU load going from 100% to 50%  fps drops from 100 to 30....

The Fact (given by op) that with mantle enabled, (that takes allot of overhead away from the cpu) the fps is allot better.

Then to me its obviously that the cpu is the bottleneck here. ;)

And that doesnt realy surprice me.

OP has stated CPU usage is not at 100%.  There's also no way in hell a 3570 is bottlenecking this game at 1080p, unless the CPU has some sort of defect or throttling. 

My guess is software related.  Re-install drivers and potentially the game itself. 

OP has stated CPU usage is not at 100%.  There's also no way in hell a 3570 is bottlenecking this game at 1080p, unless the CPU has some sort of defect or throttling. 

My guess is software related.  Re-install drivers and potentially the game itself. 

If the cpu is not hitting 100% does not mean, that its not bottlenecking.

Could be a bug with BF4 like some one allready described.

But i never had issues with BF4 on my system atleast, but yeah im gpu limmited rather then cpu.

when i use mantle the cpu ussage is at 100% but with dx11 around 80

But does Mantle solve your performance issues or not? 

No way a 3570 is a bottleneck.

I get 65% usage on my GTX 760  in BF4, it's just badly optimized. 

BF4 is actually very well optimized, in your case the cpu is a bottleneck, as for the OP however, it shouldn't be an issue...

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Mantle is still buggy as fuck. It can work for some, it can also work YET cause issues.

Many times on this forum alone, hearing about issues,.. going through all the options to fix it,.. to find out their using Mantle, and switching back to DX11 fix's a LOT of issues.

I can't even use Mantle, it's stutter city with a memory management bug, yet DX11 is PERFECT.

It may not be the case for you though...

/Even on DX11 I have 95-100% CPU usage in some maps, and no bottlenecking of the GPU takes place at all with my stock 4690.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz