What mobo is the i3 4150 compatible with?

Hello everyone,

I am going to get the i3 4150 for my gaming pc but the thing that's stressing me out is should I get a Z97 board or Z87 board. If I go with the Z87 wont I have to update the bios as the processor is haswell refresh? 

Thanks!

I am going to get the i3 4150 for my gaming pc but the thing that's stressing me out is should I get a Z97 board or Z87 board. If I go with the Z87 wont I have to update the bios as the processor is haswell refresh? 

H97 is guaranteed compatibility, but if you're running a single GPU then save your money and get a 4130+H81

"Rawr XD"

Hello everyone,

Thanks!

Pretty much anything that has an lga 1150 socket

CPU-i5 4690k 4.4ghz @ 1.190V, MOBO-MSI z97 gaming 3, Cooler-hyper 212 evo, GPU- r9 290x asus directcuII (-37Mv), Storage-120gb v300(switching soon), 1tb caviar blue, CASE-Red/black h440, PSU-Antec TPC 650.

iF U ARE ON A BUDGET THEN GO FOR H97. BUT IF U CAN SPEND MORE THEN GO FOR Z97 BOARDS. BECAUSE IT WILL BE COMPATIBLE WITH THE PROCESSOR U NAMED, AND ALSO YOU WILL BE FUTURE PROOF FOR UPGRADING TO 5TH GEN INTEL BROADWELL PROCESSORS IF U NEED.