Can my EVGA GTX 970FTW run games at 60+fps on a 1440p monitor ?

Scorp1ooN

So guys im doing a build and getting a EVGA GTX 970FTW and also planning to get a ASUS PB278Q (non ROG version). Do you think i can run 1440p gaming or should i save up and get a 980 instead and just be on the safe side ? And if its able to run it you think i can get away with HIGH graphic settings maybe on some games ULTRA ? Help would be much apreciated, thanks in advance and have an wonderful week :D

Rest of PC Specs :

CPU: i7 4790k -

MOBO: Asus Z97I-Plus 
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0
PSU: XFX XTR 550W MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD
RAM: G.Skill 1866 Mhz 8GB RipjawzX Red (2x4GB) DDR3
CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Neptune 240M
CASE: Corsair 380T aka Lunch BoxT
SSD/HDD: Kingston SSD Now V300 Series 240GB 2.5" SATA III / WD Caviar Green 2TB 3.5" SATA III

"You allowed Sub-Zero to escape. Now, you will suffer my wrath."

Depends on what games but should be fine otherwise

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

-snip-

It gets 52 fps on Ultra 1440p BF4, so I'm going with no. (But some games it will do 1440p 60fps, just not all)

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8568/the-geforce-gtx-970-review-feat-evga/7

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

No ,not at all.

You wont get 60 fps in all games if you are aiming for ultra settings.

It gets 52 fps on Ultra 1440p BF4, so I'm going with no. (But some games it will do 1440p 60fps, just not all)

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8568/the-geforce-gtx-970-review-feat-evga/7

So i think i will aim for HIGH settings then :) I will be mostly playing LoL, WoW some CS:GO and Single Player Games (Tomb Raider , AC, Far Cry) that's kind of why i went with PLS isntead of like 1ms 120hz Benq Monitor

Keep Ultra, just use 2xMSAA

Keep High, and use 4xMSAA

Either way it'll do pretty well in most titles.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

If you haven't gotten the EVGA card already you might think about handing a better company your money.  EVGA is the company that with the 900 series tried to cheap out and use old cooling with it.  Gigabyte or Asus deserve your money more.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

If you haven't gotten the EVGA card already you might think about handing a better company your money.  EVGA is the company that with the 900 series tried to cheap out and use old cooling with it.  Gigabyte or Asus deserve your money more.

EVGA still are a good reputable company with fast warranty and good customer service... their products are not too shabby either...

I've had to RMA with them before, pretty painless.

At least each time I've heard about Evga, all good things...

The 900 series cheap cooling problems... I'd call that 'one of the one offs...' lots of companies we trust make bad decisions.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Keep Ultra, just use 2xMSAA

Keep High, and use 4xMSAA

Either way it'll do pretty well in most titles.

Thank you so much!  that was exatcly the answer i was looking for :)

After further research  i went with the ASUS Strix GTX 970. Its cheaper can overclock it a decent amount and the fanless mode sounds quite interesting :) TY for your input !