Macbook Pro Updates halfway then shuts off

WorldDominator

I have a macbook pro and it is trying to install an update when I turn it on and it shuts down like halfway through the update every time. I have tried booting into safe mode or running disk utility but it does not work. Any ideas?

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

u kilt it m9

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

u kilt it m9

Thanks for not helping

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Have you run Apple Hardware Test to make sure there isn't a physical error?

Also, what happened when you booted into Safe Mode?

I would next recommend resetting the PRAM. To do this, right after you power on the computer, hold down CMD+OPtion+P+R until the computer restarts. Once it restarts, release the keys.

CompTIA A+ Certified

"We are all cups, quietly and constantly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip yourself and let the good things pour out." - Ray Bradbury

u kilt it m8

post-14986-0-43877900-1425437709_thumb.j

:D

post-14986-0-43877900-1425437709_thumb.j

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

Have you run Apple Hardware Test to make sure there isn't a physical error?

Also, what happened when you booted into Safe Mode?

I would next recommend resetting the PRAM. To do this, right after you power on the computer, hold down CMD+OPtion+P+R until the computer restarts. Once it restarts, release the keys.

I'm not sure what that is. I can't get into safe mode, it just tries to update and then it shuts off.

What are you not sure about? The Apple Hardware Test? It's a built-in diagnostic tool. After you hit the power button, hold down D (before the Apple Startup chime) and it will boot into AHT. If you want the most up to date version, you can use online AHT. To do that, plug an ethernet cable into the Mac and hold down Opt+D. 

Did you do the PRAM reset?

CompTIA A+ Certified

"We are all cups, quietly and constantly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip yourself and let the good things pour out." - Ray Bradbury

What are you not sure about? The Apple Hardware Test? It's a built-in diagnostic tool. After you hit the power button, hold down D (before the Apple Startup chime) and it will boot into AHT. If you want the most up to date version, you can use online AHT. To do that, plug an ethernet cable into the Mac and hold down Opt+D. 

I did the extended hardware test and I had nothing come up. I have not reset the PRAM.

• 3 weeks later...

I did the PRAM reset and it's still not working.