Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

desktop amp to add more bass impact to Sennheiser HD800

I'm looking for a desktop amp/dac to add more bass to my hd800's. Tips and brand names would be greatly appreciated.

EQ or different headphones are your only options.

Or a boob tube thats has a output impedance like no other. 

Sure, if you hate damping.

Wouldnt be a problem if OP just paid for headphones he liked in the first place.

I'm looking for a desktop amp/dac to add more bass to my hd800's. Tips and brand names would be greatly appreciated.

You'll be best off looking for EQ, which can be done in software, though seeing as you have HD800's a hardware solution might be more suited. I use foobar for music and that has a built in EQ, I would look for an EQ in/for your platform and go from there. No need to spend money if it can be done for free :)

DESKTOP: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X   MOBO: Asus Crosshair VII Hero   RAM: 16GB Corsair LPX 3200MHz   GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW  COOLER: H100i,  G10 + H110   PSU: EVGA 750 G2   SSD: 850 Evo 1TB   HDD: Seagate 4TB   CASE: Carbide 400C

PERIPHERALS: Logitech G703, Kinesis Freestyle Edge, QNIX QX2710 x 3, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Mayflower O2 AMP+ODAC

LAPTOP:  MSI GP72MVR 7RFX

OTHER: Oneplus 5t, Shield Tablet

Try out a headphone amp if you want. You already spent a ton on the headphones an extra $100 shouldnt hurt. The Monoprice headphone amp would be a good start. Also what are you currently using with the headphones?

PC Audio Setup = Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro 80 ohm and Sennheiser pc37x (also for xbox) hooked up to Schiit Fulla 3

It's not going to get any better, the HD800 is designed to have an accurate bass response, not overly bassy.

If you want something overly bassy, sell them and buy something else.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Try out a headphone amp if you want. You already spent a ton on the headphones an extra $100 shouldnt hurt. The Monoprice headphone amp would be a good start. Also what are you currently using with the headphones?

Solid, throwing good money after bad.

If you're looking for more bass on HD800, I'd say just sell it and grab LCD-X. EQing such a high end headphone... idk

An amplifier that adds bass is a bad amplifier.

Well... there's bottle head crack and schiit valhalla

Well... there's bottle head crack and schiit valhalla

How does the Valhalla add bass if the frequency response is -3dB from 10Hz to 200kHz.

How does the Valhalla add bass if the frequency response is -3dB from 10Hz to 200kHz.

but can't you roll tubes to have FR that adds bass?

but can't you roll tubes to have FR that adds bass?

Tubes are dumb. In our advanced society we have no need for such antiques, which is why we've literally stopped making them for any reason outside of phishing for audiopeelz.

Tubes are dumb. In our advanced society we have no need for such antiques, which is why we've literally stopped making them for any reason outside of phishing for audiopeelz.

I'm sorta whatever with tubes, if it creates distortion / make the music warmer and people seem to like it, it's fine for me. Same goes for amp if it's designed to boost certain frequency, I just prefer my amp to provide clean power and that's it

I'm sorta whatever with tubes, if it creates distortion / make the music warmer and people seem to like it, it's fine for me. Same goes for amp if it's designed to boost certain frequency, I just prefer my amp to provide clean power and that's it

I'd be ambivalent about tubes if it weren't possible to achieve the exact same thing with DSP.

But no, people like the "experience" of tube rolling.

I'd be ambivalent about tubes if it weren't possible to achieve the exact same thing with DSP.

But no, people like the "experience" of tube rolling.

It's not surprising, considering a lot of people who do tube rolling are middle age or older. 

I don't mind other people liking those things, I mind people telling other people they will like any particular amp without actually mentioning those things that cause them to like it.