Australian ISP's to Introduce 3 Strike Anti Piracy Scheme

Geldar

Australia – what's proposed?

Notices lead to possible court action.
Rights owners can gain access to customers' personal details.
Complaints against notices are heard by a panel of people mostly chosen by industry.
You need to pay $25 to lodge a complaint about any notice.
You cannot appeal decisions made by the industry panel.
There is no cap on fines that can be issued by a court.

Not mentioned in the news article is the way in which ISP's will seek to gain acknowledgement of the final notice (under section 3.9.2 (B))

(b) pop-ups, or other real-time notices or information pages that do not interrupt the internet services but continue to appear periodically until the Account Holder takes action to acknowledge receipt of the Final Notice;

Sources:

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/02/australias-anti-piracy-plan-explained-the-three-strikes-plan-to-curb-illegal-downloads/

http://www.choice.com.au/media-and-news/consumer-news/news/anti--piracy-scheme-puts-consumer-rights-at-risk-250215.aspx

http://www.commsalliance.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/47570/DR-C653-2015.pdf

What. 

THE.

ACTUAL. 

FUCK.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Good luck trying to run a VPN in australia

Lol What makes you say that? I've had no issues doing it.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Lol What makes you say that? I've had no issues doing it.

Whats your download speed?

Whats your download speed?

2MBPS why? Your download speed has little effect on your ability to use a VPN. Sure it would add latency so you wouldn't want to game using it but that's about it.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

2MBPS why? Your download speed has little effect on your ability to use a VPN. Sure it would add latency so you wouldn't want to game using it but that's about it.

point taken

''Rights owners can gain access to customers' personal details.'' 

Really??????

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I'm pretty sure this has been in New Zealand for a while now. My friend got a warning for downloading some album but other than that it doesn't really do anything. I've never gotten a warning, but i never torrent *cough*. So don't worry to much about this.

T5pcOSkl.png

magnet links?

ISP would only be aware of the size of the download, maybe even the website. then again, they can't take you to court for downloading a large file from a sketchy website. Torrents are not illegal.

magnet links?

ISP would only be aware of the size of the download, maybe even the website. then again, they can't take you to court for downloading a large file from a sketchy website. Torrents are not illegal.

This is true, i wonder if using a vpn to download the torrent files then turning off the vpn to actually download them would be enough?

in my experience using a vpn has crushed my download speed to a 1/10 of what it normally is.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

in my experience using a vpn has crushed my download speed to a 1/10 of what it normally is.

From my experience the vpn only heightens my ping from 15 to 45, otherwise not much speed difference. 

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

lol fuck off you silly cunts

we already pay $220/mo for barely megabit and a 200gb cap and now this?

bad joke.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Australia has the worst net overall, If we had proper 100mbps download speeds already things wouldn't be so bad. They will have 1gbps by the time we get anything decent here. I am barely pulling 600kbps on steam it's absolutely disgusting.

Why won't the government understand that some of us pirate due to lack of availablity of content...if Australia had better internet speeds and better content distribution I'd guarantee piracy would be decreased significantly. 

To make it worse, George Brandis and the whole crew have no idea how the hell the internet even works, exemplified through his disastrous interview about metadata on youtube.

Telstra completely blocked me from using P2P.

A VPN fixes that, but it's terribly slow. 

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Does anyone know is it just the two main ISP's Telstra and Optus who are going to follow this, or are all going to follow this?

So when is this being implemented exactly? Good idea to stockpile before then.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Wow, and I thought my country has it worst.

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Australia has the worst net overall, If we had proper 100mbps download speeds already things wouldn't be so bad. They will have 1gbps by the time we get anything decent here. I am barely pulling 600kbps on steam it's absolutely disgusting.

I live in North Adelaide and it is one of the sole suburbs in the country that has Cable Internet (not strictly ADSL). I get over 120mbps. 

The entire country was supposed to get this, (where applicable) but the green party got all shitty when a few trees were uprooted to make way for the cable laying. 

Now no government since has had the balls to re-instate the operation. But somehow, NBN is getting away with it. Fucking ridiculous.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y