YouTube to become PAID!

Giganizer300PRO

The general manager of the YouTube department has stated, that YouTube is planning to no longer be free. There will be a subscription of a few dollars, that you would pay every month. In return you would get an ad-free experience. However this is optional. You would still be able to watch YouTube without paying the subscription, but with ads all over the place. The more subscriptions there would be, the more ads would appear for free users, as the internet giant would make even more money that way. These changes are scheduled to take place in the upcoming spring this year.

This is also a topic I see being featured on the WAN show.

EDIT: some links to other stories here:

http://adage.com/article/digital/youtube-set-introduce-paid-subscriptions-spring/239437/

http://www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/digital-and-mobile/6229104/pay-for-youtube-challenges-ahead-for-googles-next-music

http://arstechnica.com/business/2013/01/paid-content-on-youtube-could-become-a-reality-sources-say/

*cough* *cough* ad block.....still better

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

I see no source, and I can't find anything ob Google about it. Kind of cool if it is real though. AdBlock users see no change, and those whose hearts aren't black can opt-in to have them removed!

The general manager of the YouTube department has stated, that YouTube is planning to no longer be free. There will be a subscription of a few dollars, that you would pay every month. In return you would get an ad-free experience. However this is optional. You would still be able to watch YouTube without paying the subscription, but with ads all over the place. The more subscriptions there would be, the more ads would appear for free users, as the internet giant would make even more money that way. These changes are scheduled to take place in the upcoming spring this year.

This is also a topic I see being featured on the WAN show.

then I say screw Google , screw YouTube as if they ain't already making shit tones of cash off YouTube ... I'll be permanently using Adblock now lol

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

This is actually a good thing, more money for content creators

then I say screw Google , screw YouTube as if they ain't already making shit tones of cash off YouTube ... I'll be permanently using Adblock now lol

They actually DONT make profit off it, there was an article on the forum about it yesterday

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/317764-youtube-1-billion-viewers-no-profit/

*cough* *cough* ad block.....still better

Except for those of us who actually want to support people we watch

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Does Ad Block block ads in videos?

Only if you believe.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

I heard adblock wont be able to block ads in newest version of html5 video player

Does Ad Block block ads in videos?

Yes. 

This looks to only be about the music portion of YouTube.. Not everything..

I heard adblock wont be able to block ads in newest version of html5 video player

Give it a week and someone makes a working adblock

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

This is actually a good thing, more money for content creators

They actually DONT make profit off it, there was an article on the forum about it yesterday

Exactly so i highly doubt content creators will see anything from this, it will just a be way to try and get it profitable.

Exactly so i highly doubt content creators will see anything from this, it will just a be way to try and get it profitable.

If google make more money, its probably that so will the content creators, youtube makes no money without people making videos

If youtube make twice as much money for example, I would expect the every CPM to go up

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'm not sure AdBlock can block video ads in videos.

Yes, it does. I have not watched or seen any ads on YouTube since 2009 / 2010. (Whenever I first adopted AdBlock.) 

Mind you, this is both with Firefox, and with Chrome. Right now, I still don't see video ads. Why is it so hard to believe?

It's already somewhat a reality... if you pay for Google Play Music All-Access, you get ad-free music.. so it's already kind of there. That being said, you need real sources... I'd like to point this out to all of you:

vzEmfyo.png

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

I call BS on this.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

ive heard that is a lie

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Wow the click bait title... 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Except for those of us who actually want to support people we watch

Open the video with adblock off, turn it on and reload :) producer supported, ads not seen!

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Open the video with adblock off, turn it on and reload :) producer supported, ads not seen!

too much effort I prefer to just not use it instead of messing around

Spotify? Pandora? Imgur (before they made it free for all)? LinusTechTips forums? 

Need I continue?