Far Cry 4 no sound

Irodo_BSMD

So as you can guess from the title, I have no sound in FC4, I have installed the latest sound drivers, set my bit rate and hz at the lowest it can go and still doesn't work. How can I fix this?

Windows 8.1 and I have crystal clear sound in the cutscene at the start but none at all after and before that

Windows 8.1 is quite fine with the latest games but try downgrading the sound driver.

What sound card do you have?

It didn't work when I had it on the old driver either though, and also on the first bit where you get to walk around it always crashes when I open the door at the bottom of the house/mansion

yeah but my friend had the exact same torrent and had no problems whatsoever

Cracked or pirated games don't usually run normally and smoothly because the executable files are quite messed up.

I had this problem with pirated copy as well but got the full game with my 970 and it worked fine. Maybe download all patches if you haven't already and run the game as administrator - it should fix it. 

Cracked or pirated games don't usually run normally and smoothly because the executable files are quite messed up.

so how come my friend literraly just gave me the exact install folder he used and his works perfect and mine doesnt? shall i find a better torrent?

so how come my friend literraly just gave me the exact install folder he used and his works perfect and mine doesnt? shall i find a better torrent?

I can't encourage you pirating games but try to install all the patches. 

I had this problem with pirated copy as well but got the full game with my 970 and it worked fine. Maybe download all patches if you haven't already and run the game as administrator - it should fix it. 

Ah right, will try tomorrow

Ah right, will try tomorrow

you can also try changing audio bitrate in audio settings under windows. Also make sure you buy the game if you enjoy it. 

you can also try changing audio bitrate in audio settings under windows. Also make sure you buy the game if you enjoy it.

I set my bitrate at the lowest it could go as thats what most of the people online are saying fixes it but obviously doesn't work :D I like to test games then buy them, no point paying 30 odd quid on a game then don't like it eh

Because you stole/pirated the game. By its very definition, the game started out not working as expected.

You can't say the game doesn't work if it was hacked. Because even if you had sound, the game isn't working properly. It's only logical.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...