Is the only reason people like TKL keyboard because of the size?

Profoundsoup

I have never understood why people would like TKL keyboards besides that YEAH they save space and are "portable" but to me it always seems like the keys are closer together than your normal keyboard. What are some other reasons people like TKL keyboards over full size?

Portability has to be one of, if not the main reason. As well as some people just preferring the look of the keyboard without the keypad. 

I have never understood why people would like TKL keyboards besides that YEAH they save space and are "portable" but to me it always seems like the keys are closer together than your normal keyboard. What are some other reasons people like TKL keyboards over full size?

Meh, I have enough space here on my desk..

I just couldn't care less about the numpad. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It also just looks so clean

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

keys aren't necessarly closer together.

some gamers, especially those playing with low sens, prefer large mousepads.

large mousepad + large keyboards lead to having one hand on the far right and one end on the far left of the desk, which isn't to comfortable.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

keys aren't necessarly closer together.

some gamers, especially those playing with low sens, prefer large mousepads.

large mousepad + large keyboards lead to having one hand on the far right and one end on the far left of the desk, which isn't to comfortable.

WTB Larger desk and extended mouse pad ;P 

I dont use TKL keyboards but I do 60% keyboards so I guess the question also applies to me somewhat

but I use 60% keyboards because they look nicer, customizable cases, I can use them on my leg at lans/mates so I have more room for my mousepad, I only game on my pc so 90% of the time I only need 20% of my keyboard, portable, lighter and you can also buy custom cables

"to me it always seems like the keys are closer together than your normal keyboard"

Keys are the same distance apart

My desk is 180cmx80cm so I dont need the extra space btw

I also heard (heard, don't hate on me if it's wrong) it is more ergonomic because your hand on the mouse is closer to your other hand in the AWSD zone.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

When gaming it's more ergonomic to have your wasd hand and mouse hand closer together. I just have one because it looks good, my next one will probably be a 60% which is even smaller. I like minimal design. 

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

I prefer a TKL with a USB number pad to the left. It's more comfortable for me. I want a modular keyboard but they are so expensive.

/AMD FX-6350 o/c to 4.4/Sapphire r9 270x 2GB/2x8GB HyperX Fury red/MSI 970 Gaming/EVGA 500B/NZXT S340/Corsair H100i V2/HyperX Fury 120GB SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB/                                   

My thing is, I rest my arms on my arm rest so they are always the same distance apart I keep the WASD part of my keyboard right infront of my left hand and then my mouse straight in front of my right chair arm. How do other people use their keyboard and mice? lol 

Got enough space on my desk, but still looking for a TKL mechanical one, to have a less awkward mouse positioning. Would even go with 75% if i find a proper one.

Love the Bomb!

I use a 60% keyboard...just because i have no need for a bigger one

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

I want to get a Corsair K65 RGB and a seperate numpad with mechanical switches (run about15-30 bux) this way I can have a cleaner desk while I don't need the numpad (and have my mouse hand and WASD hand closer together when gaming) and just drag numpad out from under my monitor ledge when I need it.

CPU: Intel Devil's Canyon i7-4790K.  Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7.  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X-Series 16gb @ 2133.  GPU: EVGA SuperClocked GTX770.  Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper.  Storage: Plextor M6ePX M.2 256GB SSD/Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GB.  PSU: Seasonic 80+ Gold 850watt.  Display(s): LG 42LB6300.  Cooling: Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R.  Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (EVENTUALLY).  Mouse: Logitech G700s.  Sound: Onboard 5.1 analog output - Soundcraft Mixer - QSC Power Amps - ElectroVoice Qrx PA Speakers / Klipsch center channel.  OS: Windows 8.1 Pro.

I never use the numpad. I like having my mouse closer to my left hand. I like the aesthetics. They're cheaper, more portable and often have a standard layout - perfect for replacing keycaps (especially the likes of the Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid).

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I've been using a 60% board for about 6 months, and now I'm having trouble going back to a full sized keyboard. I find that when I'm using a 80% (TKL) or 60% keyboard, I'm a lot more comfortable b/c I can keep my hands so much closer to each other while using keyboard and mouse. It feels like I need to stretch to use a full sized keyboard now.

I only ever use my keyboards at my desk. Portability isn't an issue. I think TKL and smaller keyboards are better for ergonomics.

Why i would like a TKL (if i could have one) is because im a small guy i have to streach apart my arms to reach wasd, plus my mouse on a fairly large mousemat. with tkl i could have a more comfortable stance without putting the keyboard on the mousemat, obstucting my mouse movement.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

If I used the number pad a lot more, I'd get a full size board, or a seperate number pad.

TKL looks so clean and you can rest it on your lap.