Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Mini-Build Log] The Cheapo Emulator Annihilator

ONOTech

Hopefully this weekend I'll get the wii remote and sensor bar setup running. Been busy with life and stuff

• 4 weeks later...

How's that build going recently mate? I'm hoping great! :)

@ONOTech

† TECH TIPS CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP 

☰ TTCF 

How's that build going recently mate? I'm hoping great! :)

@ONOTech

Sorta stopped updating but I did get the wii sensor bar to work. Wish I could take pictures but my mom lost my camera somewhere -_- maybe next time

Sorta stopped updating but I did get the wii sensor bar to work.

Ah okay. Tis good that you got that to work. :)

Wish I could take pictures but my mom lost my camera somewhere -_- maybe next time

Haha, that's a tad annoying for you. Hopefully you'll find it soon. :)

† TECH TIPS CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP 

☰ TTCF 

Well, not exactly. You gotta use a hack for CERTAIN Wii U games and they're limited. You also need a Super HD texture pack :P

Do elaborate. 

COMIC SANS

Do elaborate. 

I'm actually wrong lol. There's no Wii U, but you can play certain Wii U remakes like LoZ:WW with the Super HD texture pack installed. I had it running earlier this week and I would take a picture but my camera is gone and my phone doesn't want to cooperate...gah

I've decided to rebuild my HyperSpin config from scratch. I've had endless issues modifying existing configs to match my requirements, mostly around profile switching for controls between emulators...

I've decided to rebuild my HyperSpin config from scratch. I've had endless issues modifying existing configs to match my requirements, mostly around profile switching for controls between emulators...

Is that your R2-D2 one or an emulator machine you're building? What are the specs that you had since you're restarting it?

Is that your R2-D2 one or an emulator machine you're building? What are the specs that you had since you're restarting it?

Not R2-D2 that will most likely just run RaspberryPi because im only really interested in old games for that where it doesn't really need much power to run.

I have a dedicated HTPC with 3570k, GTX750Ti that run XBMC/Kodi on but also HyperSpin. An unfinished build log here.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/190433-wip-stream-machine/

The hardware wont change, but the whole HyperSpin install was someone else's that I tried to manipulate to suit my config. With location changes from local to network etx it was all a bit messy and I had issues where emulators wouldn't hold changes I made to them etc. Better off to know teh product and build it from the ground up, hopefully finished the guide as well. :)

Not R2-D2 that will most likely just run RaspberryPi because im only really interested in old games for that where it doesn't really need much power to run.

I have a dedicated HTPC with 3570k, GTX750Ti that run XBMC/Kodi on but also HyperSpin. An unfinished build log here.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/190433-wip-stream-machine/

The hardware wont change, but the whole HyperSpin install was someone else's that I tried to manipulate to suit my config. With location changes from local to network etx it was all a bit messy and I had issues where emulators wouldn't hold changes I made to them etc. Better off to know teh product and build it from the ground up, hopefully finished the guide as well. :)

Oh my goodness that thing is beautiful! I really wanted to put this machine in a slim ITX case like the Silverstone you used but alas, I have little money to spend unfortunately.

I never even heard of HyperSpin or Kodi (but I have seen Kodi on my Uncles Apple TV he jailbroke). I would have used that if I had the chance because I'm having navigation issues on my PC with just the controller (Windows isn't exactly controller friendly).

I just wish there was a friendly emulator open-source OS that natively supports Dolphin. That's all I really want lol.

Followed the log. Hopefully you finish it!

Oh my goodness that thing is beautiful! I really wanted to put this machine in a slim ITX case like the Silverstone you used but alas, I have little money to spend unfortunately.

I never even heard of HyperSpin or Kodi (but I have seen Kodi on my Uncles Apple TV he jailbroke). I would have used that if I had the chance because I'm having navigation issues on my PC with just the controller (Windows isn't exactly controller friendly).

I just wish there was a friendly emulator open-source OS that natively supports Dolphin. That's all I really want lol.

Followed the log. Hopefully you finish it!

TBH I really don't like the ML07. It feels cheap and I wish I got the gamer orientated case the SilverStone RVZ01. The internal layout is identical to the ML07 but i think the build quality is much better.

You can add Dolphin into HyperSpin though i know that's not what you're asking. For a remote check out the MK705 Fly Mouse http://www.rikomagic.com/en/product/showpro_id_44_pid_17.html. I have to admit, I have one but I haven't taken it out of the box yet...  There is also the Flirc which lets you re-purpose an existing remote, which ironically I also have but don't use :P  https://flirc.tv/

Dont look at HyperSpin on YouTube too much. It makes you want it SO BAD but it does take quite a lot of work.