iPod Video 5.5__iBasso DX90 or a Cowon X9 OR something else?

equippedbum
Go to solution Solved by dadasmithywinkle,

I want to get a new mp3 player, something nice.

I was seriously considering the iPod Video 5.5, then I read a few forums and read about people drooling over the Ibasso DX90 and a few variations of Cowon mp3 players. 

Sound quality is my goal...not so much on board storage...your thoughts?

I know about iPods extensively, so I'll recommend and talk about them. The 5.5Gen iPod Video and the 5thGen iPod Video have the best quality. Next up comes the 4th gen iPod Photo/Color/U2. Finally is the 1st gen nano. Select audiophiles dont care for the 6th and 7th "classics" becuase they have a more "electric" sound to them. 5.5, 5th, and 4th Gen iPods and the nano first gen use Wolfson audio chips, which sound more natural, while the newer devices and "classics" use Cirrus audio chips that lack a 3D sound and are more electronic. I have a U2 5.5 Video and a 7th Gen 160GB Classic and I can hear that slight difference.  

I was seriously considering the iPod Video 5.5, then I read a few forums and read about people drooling over the Ibasso DX90 and a few variations of Cowon mp3 players. 

I know about iPods extensively, so I'll recommend and talk about them. The 5.5Gen iPod Video and the 5thGen iPod Video have the best quality. Next up comes the 4th gen iPod Photo/Color/U2. Finally is the 1st gen nano. Select audiophiles dont care for the 6th and 7th "classics" becuase they have a more "electric" sound to them. 5.5, 5th, and 4th Gen iPods and the nano first gen use Wolfson audio chips, which sound more natural, while the newer devices and "classics" use Cirrus audio chips that lack a 3D sound and are more electronic. I have a U2 5.5 Video and a 7th Gen 160GB Classic and I can hear that slight difference.  

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.