Is it worth paying extra on a laptop for some gaming capibilites

cleb

I currenty have a chromebook(don't judge I didn't know) that I have not to long ago installed with ubuntu so now from time to time I will play some games on, mainly source because you know, intel 4400 and linux, and have been planing on building a gaming computer with my brothers, so the payments will be split meaning I won't have full say over it. With that I have also been considering getting a new laptop because, well, chromebook, and wanted to know if it's worth paying the extra bit to find a laptop with the ability for some gaming, noticibility better than 4400 graphics but not like a full on balls to the walls gaming laptop either, if i'll already have part time access to gaming pc. Mainly looking for things like examples of laptops that aren't too expensive or maybe some rational to the situation.

If mostly you're on the go and gaming while being mobile, I would say go for it. Else, I would say save your money. Anything below GTx50m (e.g GT750m, GT650m) isn't really worth it in my opinion and anything above might blow your budget.

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

Well it depends wether you want to game on the go or not and it also depends what the budget would be for a laptop

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

If you are on the go a lot then yes if not then no
Buy a cheap laptop put an ssd in it then what money you have left build a desktop 

The price to performance ratio for laptops is much higher than it is for desktops, I'd only get a beefy laptop if I know I'm going to be gaming on the go a lot. 

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

You could get a midrange gaming laptop (like a W230SS) purely for the solid chassis/internals, rather than for its ability to run demanding games, since you have access to another gaming PC. It's a lot better of a choice than buying a low end Dell or Lenovo or something. They won't overheat and they'll be nice machines overall.

Remember, you pay for what you get. Good laptops aren't very cheap. It's just the way things are.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday