Overclocking your monitor refresh rate - AMD GPU's

bartekxx12

I only register to say thanks for the soft!!! My monitor BenQ GL2760H goes up to 85Hz!!!! 60Hz OC to 85Hz!! And the monitor shows that resolution in the panel. BTW I test in this page http://www.testufo.com/#test=frameskipping and no skip frames

@vestelar, this is not a good test.

Use this:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1423433

Direct link download: http://goo.gl/IJkrf

You want to use a camera with fixed settings when you take your shot.

@vestelar, this is not a good test.

Use this:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1423433

Direct link download: http://goo.gl/IJkrf

You want to use a camera with fixed settings when you take your shot.

I download that soft but in the readme.txt of the soft recommends to use the webpage

"RefreshRateMultitool

====================

**Online Version:** There is a version of this tool (and many more useful ones) that runs in your browser, and is actively maintained. I recommend you use it instead:

http://www.testufo.com/#test=frameskipping"

So the soft that you link say to use the webpage instead

Right, but his tool is better.

The online tools (all of them) are limited by the web browser and their respective version, and estimates measurements.

His tool is bare bone, and it does what you need.

Basically, the reason why he says that note is that he doesn't want to support it probably due lack of time.

But currently, it does work.

Right, but his tool is better.

The online tools (all of them) are limited by the web browser and their respective version, and estimates measurements.

His tool is bare bone, and it does what you need.

Basically, the reason why he says that note is that he doesn't want to support it probably due lack of time.

But currently, it does work.

Same result

Same result

Excellent! Although, the response time seams to be bad, as you should have 1 colors square. You are definitely going over the panel speed.

But hey, pretty good.

Got my 60Hz panel to 75 thanks man.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

• 3 weeks later...

"After adding the various Hz options in CRU and rebooting, there aren't any new Hz options when I go to my advance monitor settings beside the stock 60Hz. Anyone know what went wrong?"

Any ideas of how I can get this to work? I can't seem to figure it out. 

Thanks guys

Is it possible and safe to underclock a monitor?

My 60Hz ProArt montor couldn't overclock, it just said "Wrong input resolution or fequency" or something like that...

It's Oculus time! B)

It depends on your resolution. But it can do 75Hz at 1080p

Got 80hz from 60hz on a LG Flattron using dual link DVI. BOOOOOM!

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Got 80hz from 60hz on a LG Flattron using dual link DVI. BOOOOOM!

Is that with frame skipping? And no loss in colors?

Is that with frame skipping? And no loss in colors?

None of the above.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

I have a qx2710 I got working at 96, but no higher, but then one day about a week later I noticed it was back on 60fps and there where no other options in Windows anymore, I tried doing it over again from scratch but now no other options, ever, show up.

Anyone know why? (Gigabyte AMD R9 280X)

Back to 60 now for the time being.

Intel Core i7 4790k - 16 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 970

• 3 weeks later...

This is interesting - didn't know you could OC refresh rates on AMD cards. Few big questinos though:

1. What am I likely to get with Dell U2312HMs?

2. Does this still work when using Eyefinity? I'm sure I'll be limited by the slowest screen, but I'd still like to see what I can do.

3. Does it work through a DisplayPort MST hub? If so, will I be limited by bandwidth at all with three 1080P monitors on it?

EDIT: Oh, and I'm using three-way crossfire with 7970s.

EDIT 2: Well that's freakin' awesome... I did some tinkering and here's the results! Now to test if there's any actual benefit that I notice.

I have four monitors, three Dell U2312HMs plugged into an MST hub in one of the miniDisplayPorts on my primary GPU and an HDMI that goes out to a Pioneer VSX-527 (AVR) and then out from that and into a Dell U2414H.

Interestingly, I got 70Hz max out of the 2414H and all three of the 2312HMs did 75Hz max - I don't know if they're all built that similarly or if perhaps the MST hub screws things up; or if it's just complete luck of the draw that all three do 75Hz. No strange glitches or anything and all monitors knew when they passed their limits and warned to change the timings to standard 1920x1080@60Hz.

Little tutorial you could add to OP for Eyefinity users?

So, what I did was I disabled my Eyefinity group and set up the individual monitors as you said and found what each individual monitor could do, deleting all but the fastest that still worked for each monitor. If you're using Eyefinity across displays that go at different refresh rates, make sure all are working at the speed of the slowest and only leave those settings on all monitors in that group (not tested, but I'd bet on it being broken if they're different).

Restart as you instructed and so on and then set up your Eyefinity group as normal. If all goes well, you will end up with an eyefinity group at your normal settings except at a higher refresh rate. Like this:

post-10217-0-74773800-1421518065_thumb.p

EDIT 3: It seems that if you send audio over HDMI, it may cause things to not work right there. I used to use 24 bit 192KHz but for some reason, that doesn't work anymore. I have switched to 24 bit 96KHz and that seems to work fine. Just a warning for any HDMI audio users out there.

• 4 weeks later...

I have BenQ E2420HD and HD6950 connected with DVI.

Tried everything I found on internet but can only overclock my monitor to 70hz, not more nor less. Don't know why it only accepts this frequency...

I was thinking if 60hz monitors can reach 75hz, I can at least reach 85hz. Cause E2420HD works at 75hz regularly at HD resolution.

I tried other frequencies like 80, 85 and 90 but none of them are working as you guess.

What I need to do get min 75? What am I missing?

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

How safe is this? I tried oc-in my monitor from 60 to 75 no problems except i notices the monitor was hotter than usual?

• 1 month later...

It's not much but I was able to get my Acer IPS pannel from 60fps to 71. Although it isn't much it's more frames and i'll take all the frames I can get! :D

I had no clue this even existed 

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

• 1 month later...

After rebooting to see if the program worked it only cause windows to not boot and now im stuck with a pc that will not boot

the app that OP shared in his gdrive dates back to 2012, try updated version 1.2

http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

• 2 weeks later...

60hz -- > 75hz

Have a like sir

I tried 70Hz, and my monitor said "This resolution is not supported my Dell S2440L, please select 1920x1080@60Hz"

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Yes I have found another thing to overclock soon ile be overclocking my microwave

My speakers dont even fit on or under my desk...PA's FTW

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! OC'd my monitor from 60hz to 75hz. My monitor is a HP 2010i.