Overclocking your monitor refresh rate - AMD GPU's

bartekxx12

Posted earlier...But to those that say its placebo...You have no F idea.

Did 60hz/65hz/70hz but I used 75hz, Works fine, windows IS smoother, games with vsync stay at 75fps and thank god, I hated 60fps and those dips below...

The info shows up in my LCD (NOT Windows, My actual LCD menu) Info where it shows that its currently running 1080p @ 75hz

If you think it doesn't work, think again,....you either have not tried it or you didn't do it right. Or your LCD is incapable.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Hey can i overclock my led monitor using cru (gpu: amd hd7870)

My Pc: Corsair 300r

i5 3570k 4.0Ghz 2x, XFX HD7770 CF, Patriot Viper 2x4gb

WD 1TB HDD Crucial m4 120gb, Corsair CX500

I just need to be able to oc my mouse's sensor

you can overclock the report rate of the mouse up to 1000hz, but if you click the wrong things you might brick a USB port ^^

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

My monitor is native 60hz on 1080p, AMD Catalyst reads out MAX is 75hz at 1080p so i got my monitor up to 70hz 1080p with no problems!

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 24" Dell 2408WFP LCD monitor at 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz.  I tried the CRU program and added profiles for higher refresh rates, but when I switch to them, the monitor goes all fuzzy like it's at a lower resolution.  When I hit my monitor's "display information" menu, it says the input resolution is 960 x 1200 @ 70 Hz, but it automatically displays at its native resolution and refresh rate.  So it looks like the program is working, but unfortunately, my monitor seems to protect itself against settings it isn't used to.  The same thing happens when I use the EVGA Precision X to modify the pixel clock.  Unless someone else has a different idea?

just O/C'd my 1440p Korean monitor to 80hz :D

Pretty damned happy. One of these days I might just push the limits but for now I'm going to stick with 80hz.

Thanks for the awesome guide.

I wonder if this whole O/Cing of monitors thing is going to catch on and if we might one day see people watercooling their monitors to get the most out of them... It would be hilarious for sure!

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

I went from 60Hz to 120Hz on my laptop. Night and day difference.

Spoiler

Help! 

I misread the first step and deleted all profiles. Now I get the following message when booting cru : "no display found in the registry"

I can't boot cru. I downloaded my monitor's driver (samsung synchmaster 244T) and installed them and now my monitor is recognized in device manager and screen resolution window. 

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Got my Alienware 1080p screen to 85hz, my previous model couldn't get higher then 74.

First i thought could it be that they built in a 3d monitor but locked at 60hz, but 120hz didn't worked meh. :D

Gonna try 90-100Hz now.

WIP: Ryzen 5 3600@4,2ghz | G.Skill 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070 Xtreme Gaming | ASRock B450M Steel Legend

Corsair Crystal 280X | Cooler Master MWE 550W | Gigabyte CV27F 1080p 165hz

Can't even get at 70 Hz on my Syncmaster 244t. The display is all f*cked. I switched it back the fastest I could.

Spoiler

I don't know why but windows won't show anything above 80hz for me. 

I have 2 7950's and a 1440p korean monitor which should be able to get atleast 96hz after doing some research.

post-7823-0-31926400-1382640218_thumb.jp

current system:  i5 2500k @4.5ghz cooled by antec 620 - asrock z77 extreme 4 - 8gb corsair RAM - MSI Twin Frorz 7950 in crossfire - XFX 850w  - Fractal design R4 - samsung 840 120gb ssd - 500gb wd blue hdd - 1440p korean qnix monitor (love it!)

I have 2 7950's and a 1440p korean monitor which should be able to get atleast 96hz after doing some research.

Hi, Yes, you will need to apply the AMD Pixel Clock Patcher for very high refresh rates at high resolutions to show. Note that it can cause some issues ( hasn't for me) and that you need to run it before and after updating GPU drivers (before to undo the patch and after to patch again) 

Also extremely high pixel clocks that 96Hz requires for 1440p require that you use 2 CrossFire bridges. 

http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-AMD-ATI-Pixel-Clock-Patcher

Not sure the reference applies but...Intel could sell stock underclocked 3570Ks at 1 GHz and people would start noticing it goes to 3.8GHz quite easily without any dangers. I think every device has a safe range of use even if this range exceeds whats written on the box. We only need to hear it from a qualified engineer.

No.

The way the processor market works (CPUs and GPUs) is that they work on the "Halo" model then cut down, and lowered clock for the lower-end models. In this case, the panel is deisgned for 60Hz, then you decide to push it faster.

It's like taking Nvidia Tesla GPU, they are the fastest graphic card possible, and you go "Let me push it even faster!"

For AMD there is some patch to do... look into it.

But also note that thet are no consitency with the Korean ebay monitors. They get components that is the cheapest as possible. So they have deal with a few suplier for the internal components, and each got different specs. So it's a lottery, unless you get the certified one, which you pay more, usually the price of a proper brand monitor.

My monitors say "Input Signal Out of Range" When I click on 70hz in the control panel. It basically makes the computer unusable because it covers up the center of the screen.

Any idea how to fix this?

ToastyX has also made a really awesome light boost utill, works brilliantly too :) I'd trust him do this pretty well also

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

My screen worked fine at 1920 x 1080 @ 75hz and then i added a new  85hz after the reboot i can't screen the windows destop anymore and my screen is show this box saying

Not Optmum mode

anyone know a way to reset it back to 75 hz  or 60 hz ?? i am using windows 8.1 and this peice of crap don't boot into safe mode

I managed to oc my monitor to 75Hz but after running this utility I found out the monitor was dropping frames :(

CPU: i5-3490k @ 4.0Ghz | CPU & GPU Cooler: Custom Watercooling Loop |  Motherboard: MSI Z97 GAMING 7 | Ram: Corsair Vengeance 12GB 1866Mhz | Graphics Card: ASUS R9 290

HDD: Seagate 1TBx2 + 240GB Plextor M6e | Case: NZXT Phantom 410 | Monitor: 2 Random 21" TVs

I hope you guys know that you can do all this in the Nvidia and AMD control panel.

This is nothing new.

How do you do it in CCC?

just guess who posted this before,anyways you need to patch dvi freq in order to get this working ,check my thread 

Would you mind telling me how did you patched the dvi freq?.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

• 2 weeks later...