PSU's & finding the right one

600w will be fine: Silverstone Strider Plus? 

I don't really now the power consumption of a quadro card. Saw 150watt for quadro 4000 somewhere so I'll assume that. Add another 150 for the 660ti. 120 for cpu and motherboard maybe. .. Ram.. Hdds.. Yea 600 will do fine. Even with 780. But scratch 780, roll with the 660ti till 20nm comes along and enjoy doubling of performance.

Also never use auto oc. It sets too much voltage on the cpu which will cause hight temps and high power consumption. Learn to overclock, which is very easy to learn, just follow a guide, or don't oc at all.

Ok then, CMPSU-650HX vs  CMPSU-600CXm?

Ok then, CMPSU-650HX vs CMPSU-600CXm?

Is that corsair cx series? They are considered as low end. Sure it could power your rig but I wouldn't buy it especially if thinking of running full power al the time. http://www.overclock.net/t/183810/faq-recommended-power-supplies take a look at the category 500-599watt, all of these should do a pretty good job. Check some reviews before you dedicate to a purchase though.

Edit: if in need of a PSU, check the review on jonnyguru.com first. He is the man to trust on PSUs.

Is that corsair cx series? They are considered as low end. Sure it could power your rig but I wouldn't buy it especially if thinking of running full power al the time. http://www.overclock.net/t/183810/faq-recommended-power-supplies take a look at the category 500-599watt, all of these should do a pretty good job. Check some reviews before you dedicate to a purchase though.

Edit: if in need of a PSU, check the review on jonnyguru.com first. He is the man to trust on PSUs.

The CX is but the 650HX is their second top line...

So I decided to buy the Corsair 650HX, I'll do it tomorrow...

Will my case fit my PSU?

I got a Antec NEW SOLUTION vsk-4000

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129187

and I can't mount a  topower X3 series 550Watt

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817101021

My full rig list:

AMD a8 5600k

1 x MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 FM2 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

4GB ram

Will my case fit my PSU?

I got a Antec NEW SOLUTION vsk-4000

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129187

and I can't mount a  topower X3 series 550Watt

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817101021

My full rig list:

AMD a8 5600k

1 x MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 FM2 AMD A75 (Hudson D3) SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

4GB ram

You are missing a few components for your full rig list. Mobo, HDD, ODD, and GPU.

The case had selected accept standard ATX PSUs which that Topower is. However, It would not used that PSUs. 550w at <~$30 should be a immediate warning that it should be avoided. Due to the present of a -5v rail which had been removed in ATX specs in 2003 and no longer in on modern day PSUs, that is based on a design a decade ago where most of the power draw was from the 3.3/5v. I cannot be consider a 550w unit by today's standard. So what you have is an outdated, poorly build, non-PFC unit that is a fire hazard. Invest a little more on a proper PSU. Something like the Corsair CX430v3 for example at the very least.

I know I have a full rig I just meant related to that problem any way is a   hec X ORION 585 WATT POWER SUPPLY  good if not I'll get a 500 Watt seasonic PSU

I know I have a full rig I just meant related to that problem any way is a   hec X ORION 585 WATT POWER SUPPLY  good if not I'll get a 500 Watt seasonic PSU

Well, I was implying that in order to give you a PSU recommendation, we would need to know the rest of your system specification. However, you only listed the RAM, CPU, and case. What about the GPU? Or you are going to be using the IGP?

The HEC unit is a poor choice as well. It's not even a 300w unit by today standard due to the low 12v rating. The Corsair CX430 Bronze is a cheap budget unit that you could go with: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139026

I'm using igpu standard ODD, 500 GB HDD IGPU and will upgrade to radeon 7950 in the near future

Guys can you help me out?

I'm going for a new build an the last thing I'm missing is the psu decision... I was thinking about corsair hx750 but now I'm thinking the 850w is probably safer and more future proof...

ASUS Maximus VI Formula

Intel core i7 4770k @???

Noctua NH-D14

ASUS GTX 660ti

PNY 9800 GTX

16gb ram gskill

1ssd

4 hd sata

Case: Fractal Design XL R2

4770k and 9800GTX? Reusing an old card or...?

• 3 weeks later...

My recent gaming rig was build using a 500w PSU from Zalman.

Im not sure weather I've got enough power for my system as I didn't actually check any psu calculators before buying the PSU.

My rig comprise of following compnents:

Intel i7 4770K CPU,

Gigabyte Z87X-OC motherboard,

Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB RAM

ASUS GTX 670 OC GPU

Kingston 120GB SSD

WD Black 2TB HDD

DVD RW ROM

Zalman 500W PSU

6 cooling fans including CPU cooling from Cooler Master

I've overclocked CPU, RAM and GPU.

I've measure the actual power consumption using a energy monitor and the maximum wattage has been 348W so far. I've been playing games such as Splinter cell blacklist, Ghost Recon and NFS Mostwanted. I'm using Adobe suite and visual studio.

Do you think that my 500W PSU would be OK. Most of the online calulators recomened 600W+ psu for this configuration.  Please advise me if I should consider upgrading my PSU. Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

not complaining or anything but the link is dead http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp i tried going there but nothing shows up and tried with firefox it loads forever and i guess maybe something went wrong with me 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Am planning to buy a MSI GTX 760 next month and the PSU i own is a cooler master thunder 500W, is that enough to run the GPU without any issues ? 

• ATX 12V V2.3
  • 2 x 12V Power Rail
  • 180-264 Vac Input Voltage
  • 100000 hours MTBF
  • 85 % Efficiency
  • OVP / OCP / OPP / SCP       

• 2 weeks later...

For a power supply calculator, I would strongly recommend PSUCalc instead. It's developed by Phaedrus from OCN (along with FiX, who programmed it) and unlike other calculators, it doesn't overestimate wattages. While the outervision calculator isn't too bad, I still find the recommend wattages are higher than it actually needs to be, mainly because the programmed power consumption values are so high (a HDD for example, rarely pulls more than 20w).

It crashed on my system and didn't have uninstall.exe

Deleted folder manually.

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

• 3 weeks later...

Hello friends. 

I want to know if AX860i is capable of runing 2x780ti on a rampage IV extreme, 16gb RAM, i7 3960x, 2x SSD (raid0), 2x 2Tb (hdd), G700, razer blackwidow and other usb devices (not aways) 

Thx in advance.

Hello friends. 

I want to know if AX860i is capable of runing 2x780ti on a rampage IV extreme, 16gb RAM, i7 3960x, 2x SSD (raid0), 2x 2Tb (hdd), G700, razer blackwidow and other usb devices (not aways) 

Thx in advance.

Maybe it is, but personally I would go higher than 860watts

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

Thx. what do you recomend?? because now I will buy only one 780ti and latter another one...

Thx. what do you recomend?? because now I will buy only one 780ti and latter another one...

Np. Personally the power supply I have (XFX pro 1050w) is very killer psu. You will be safe with it even with 2 GTX 780ti cards installed & will have additional free room for other stuff like if you decide to add more HDDs & etc...

I was thinking in AX1200i but I think Is overkill.. I dont know....

Not to be a company shill, but you guys would be missing out if I didn't tell you about our V700. It's an 80plus gold and hits platinum rating..

http://www.coolermaster-usa.com/category.php?category_by=1&category_id=1757&category_name=V

If you guys have any questions about it, feel free to ask away

Cooler Master USA - Twitter - Facebook - Reddit

I picked up my Silverstone 1200w Gold when it was on sale for what they were charging for their 1000w PSU....I highly doubt I will never touch 1000watts .....but it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to know that I "gots da powa" if needed :D

Case: Silverstone SG09B Motherboard: MSI Z10 Morter M-ATX CPU: I5-6600K  Ram: Corsair LP 2400 DD4 16GB GPU: MSI RX 480 Storage: Seagate HDD Baracuda 2TB x2, Crucial M200 500GB SSD X2 (Raid 0)PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W w/PP05E Kit

"When to say :blink: WTF :blink: ....$2K rig only used for Minesweeper and Internet Checkers marathons...."

I picked up my Silverstone 1200w Gold when it was on sale for what they were charging for their 1000w PSU....I highly doubt I will never touch 1000watts .....but it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to know that I "gots da powa" if needed :D

Same here. Nice feeling to know you have damn powerful power supply if you ever will need it :D

• 2 weeks later...

http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine. I used it, I keyed in an fx8350 oc to 4400mhz at 1.4v and 2x r9 280x. With some hard drives and fans. Total it gave me 879 watts. So in theory I should get a 1000w psu. This is clearly ridiculous

700 watt should be good. Maybe 850 to be safe. Reasoning: a normal rig with a 280x will draw about 350 watt from the wall during gaming. So tack on another 200 watt for the second 280x and another 200-300 for the overclocks of cpu/GPUs and 'safe' zone.

700 watt should be good. Maybe 850 to be safe. Reasoning: a normal rig with a 280x will draw about 350 watt from the wall during gaming. So tack on another 200 watt for the second 280x and another 200-300 for the overclocks of cpu/GPUs and 'safe' zone.

thx mate. The explanation made me understand better

thx mate. The explanation made me understand better

Of course not all PSU's are made equal and you should do some research on which PSU are actually able to deliver their spec or beyond. CoolerMaster V850 is regarded as one of the best.