Which would u have out of the two monitors?

asim1999

Which of the two monitors would you have, and will the 4ms response time have a big impact on gaming?

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Which of the two monitors would you have, and will the 4ms response time have a big impact on gaming?

It's not the xMS response time that makes the difference, IPS as a whole is slower, giving you a laggier experience. Although g-sync might fix that. And I thought the Acer monitor used VA, which happens to be classified under IPS.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

IPS every time. Personally I feel no difference between the two response times. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

Asus because Asus (I don't like Acer)

IPS over response time... unless the response time is ridiculously high. You wont be able to tell the difference between 1ms and 4ms in gaming.

IPS for lyfe!

But really, I don't even know what the response time on my TV is (I think it's slower than the 5ms on my other monitor), and even though I notice it, it doesn't make a huge difference or piss me off.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

i only read IPS, everything else was already more then good enough

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I don't care about response time but I do care for ips so a clear winner. If the acer would have only 60hz and would cost the same as the asus then I would take the rog swift

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

clearly this post would be irrelevant if the OP looked up in the sticky what response time actually is

It's not the xMS response time that makes the difference, IPS as a whole is slower, giving you a laggier experience. Although g-sync might fix that. And I thought the Acer monitor used VA, which happens to be classified under IPS.

and you have zero clue what you are talking about... just presenting your baseless opinion as fact

and no, the acer doesnt have a VA panel, not even close

The 4ms or 1ms quoted is the grey-to-grey monitor response time, not to be confused with input lag. Most mfg don't give input lag numbers in their specs.

Aced is using an AH-VA which is an ips variant developed by AUO and not to be confused with a VA panel,which is a different class panel.

I'd go acer ips for better color reproduction and lack of color shift. But in the end this is all just personal preference. Xb270hu is the monitor I'm waiting for.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

XB270HU uses AHVA which is much faster than your average IPS.

See below

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

clearly this post would be irrelevant if the OP looked up in the sticky what response time actually is

and you have zero clue what you are talking about... just presenting your baseless opinion as fact

and no, the acer doesnt have a VA panel, not even close

No, it seems you're the one who has zero clue. The panel acer uses is AHVA. IPS is different technology. I have no idea why AHVA would be classified as IPS, but the technology behind it is not IPS.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

XB270HU uses AHVA which is much faster than your average IPS.

Any idea why AHVA is called IPS? Reading articles, it seems AHVA is able to produce colors/viewing angles that are similar to that of IPS, while being alot faster as a panel type, it doesn't even use IPS technology.

Any idea why AHVA is called IPS? Reading articles, it seems AHVA is able to produce colors/viewing angles that are similar to that of IPS, while being alot faster as a panel type, it doesn't even use IPS technology.

I believe it's stilled based on In-Plane Switching. If not, then idk maybe because it has similar results. 

I just saw this https://twitter.com/TFTCentral/status/568676574557552640 which says that it is IPS on the spec sheet in the manual even though they told us it was AHVA so they may have changed it to IPS or IPS means/refers to IPS-like which AHVA is also..

@Glenwing might know. He often corrects me on a lot of stuff Lol.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

AHVA is an in-plane switching tech. Name any property of IPS you care to, and AHVA has it too, down to the smallest detail. AHVA even has IPS glow, and it also doesn't flux when you pressure it with your finger, exactly like IPS. The color reproduction, black levels and contrast, viewing angles, and response time are all in the same range as IPS.

It's not faster than IPS, we've seen IPS panels hit 120Hz+ before such as in those Korean monitors, even those using older S-IPS panels, one of the earliest IPS variants from the late 90's. Response time has only improved since then. It's not that high refresh frequencies have been impossible with IPS all this time, the reason mainstream vendors have never brought such a product to market is that the yields are very low for IPS panels which can reliably achieve those frequencies. However, this is only a manufacturing challenge, not a barrier in the technology. If you look at older IPS variants (anyone remember 50ms response times?), modern IPS panels are more different from other types of IPS than they are from AHVA.

The only mystery here is why AUO decided to call it AHVA. We may never know. But it's an IPS technology, NOT a type of VA panel.