NVIDIA have been hit with a class action suit over the GTX 970.

I looked at the 770 one, and it sounds off to me. I have two 770's and Blacklist, so I'll disable one and see what happens in the game.

Don't make comments like that if you want to get your point across. That's dumb.

Its pretty obvious whats happening.

Ask @KingCry if a 770 should have more (about) 15 fps than a 280x in any situation.

Its pretty obvious whats happening.

Ask @KingCry if a 770 should have more (about) 15 fps than a 280x in any situation.

Well the reason I said what I said is that the benchmarks look off from the others I've seen, so I'm going to investigate the 770 one myself since I have the card and the game.

To be straight up, I really couldn't give a flying fuck. It's a great performing card, yes nVidia might have misinformed people about some of the facts, but the figures don't lie. most people bought the card for how well it benchmarked and performed in games, not for the exact specifications of it, so they shouldn't be moaning.

Or you could be shopping by specs. I can imagine a average user reading a review and thinking "Oh fuck yes! The same amount of rop things and l2 whatever as the 980, and the same amount of VRAM! What a great card!"

Unfortunately, I was one of these average users per say when I bought these. These people are the ones who deserve refunds (really everyone does)

Allow me to remind you that a most does not equal all.

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

Well the reason I said what I said is that the benchmarks look off from the others I've seen, so I'm going to investigate the 770 one myself since I have the card and the game.

770 hands down will pull more in most titles because most game devs favor Nvidia Hardware, so most situations a 770 will beat a 280x its when VRAM comes into play were the 2GB 770's start to really show their weakness against the 280x.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

770 hands down will pull more in most titles because most game devs favor Nvidia Hardware, so most situations a 770 will beat a 280x its when VRAM comes into play were the 2GB 770's start to really show their weakness against the 280x.

That's not really what I'm taking issue with; it's the inaccuracy of the benchmarks on that website.

That's not really what I'm taking issue with; it's the inaccuracy of the benchmarks on that website.

Yeah I see what you mean I Have a R9 280, 650ti boost and my SLI 770's I can put through Blacklist to see if it even stacks up. 

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Its not just that site LOL.

Dont call my benchmarks crap , from another site

I mean you have a 480 inching up against a 7870 and their performance difference in non-rigged games lol.

I have a 270x(oced 7870) I know that its much faster than a 480.

Dont question my benchmarks when many sources confirm this.

Nvidia rigs games , that simple.

Ultra_01.png

Then AMD needs to be sued as well then because they also say dual GPu cards have double the memory but only half can be used at any time.

Well, they to need to be dealt with by that logic, and I stand by it.

It Won't Fail Cause of Me.

They should have been pro active.  I said it from the jump.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Its not just that site LOL.

Dont call my benchmarks crap , from another site

I mean you have a 480 inching up against a 7870 and their performance difference in non-rigged games lol.

I have a 270x(oced 7870) I know that its much faster than a 480.

Dont question my benchmarks when many sources confirm this.

Nvidia rigs games , that simple.

Look man, if you're not going to stay objective, don't even bother making an argument. You look childish with the way you're talking to me.

I'm going to investigate it and get back to you. The least you could do is stay rational and objective about it instead of going "lawl nvidia gamewurks is cripplin mah amd"

Then AMD needs to be sued as well then because they also say dual GPu cards have double the memory but only half can be used at any time.

It would never stand up in court because Mantle can address both 4GB portions as a single 8GB pool (just like DirectX 12).

Look man, if you're not going to stay objective, don't even bother making an argument. You look childish with the way you're talking to me.

I am childish yet I am providing proof while you refute my arguments without any proof.

Nice scientific method .

The burden of proof is on you.

I am childish yet I am providing proof while you refute my arguments without any proof.

Nice scientific method .

The burden of proof is on you.

Thanks for staying on topic.

I wasn't refuting anything you said except for my first post about the whole Gameworks debacle being debunked multiple times. Go reread my posts. Thanks.

They did not lie, I don't get why everyone is making a bit deal about this, there is technically 4gb VRAM on the card, that is a physical non debatable fact. It may be slower access vram but its vram. Why don't we also go after hard disk manufacturers for 1TB drives not showing up as 1TB drives and forget to read the spec sheet and how hard drive size is calculated. These kind of lawsuits arose from lack of knowledge to read the spec sheet and finer details. 

I don't see this class action lawsuit going anywhere.

Good. I hope they get taken to the cleaners for this, even if I don't get my money back. Companies need to learn that lying about a product is NOT okay.

It was a clerical error. IT HAPPENS! Carnegie Melon just screwed up and sent 800 students acceptance letters for their master's program in computer science, when it accepts less than 100 a year and had to renege on all 800 of them. IT HAPPENS!

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Thanks for staying on topic.

I wasn't refuting anything you said except for my first post about the whole Gameworks debacle being debunked multiple times. Go reread my posts. Thanks.

It wasnt debuked at all , if you want to debunk it refute my proof.

Thats how debates work.

Thats how debates work.

There is absolutely no proof that Gameworks gimps AMD performance, absolutely none. Any program which exists can be disassembled and de-compiled for analysis, even if the function names and variable names are screwed up. They could easily find any string checking (just like with the intel compiler in Cinebench problem) for AMD cards or drivers. If there was proof, AMD would have found it a long damn time ago and sued.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

It was a clerical error. IT HAPPENS! Carnegie Melon just screwed up and sent 800 students acceptance letters for their master's program in computer science, when it accepts less than 100 a year and had to renege on all 800 of them. IT HAPPENS!

Carnegie Melon delivering 800 letters that will actually deliver real depression upon students > GTX 970 nonsense. 

One is material goods that have no bearing on your life. The other is pretty brutal for someone. Maybe some people here have never received letters of rejection from a leading university. They suck. It hurts. Putting in all the effort that these higher level institutions require just to apply and then getting rejected? Hurts. 

So imagine being told "Hey, you got in!". And then getting the "Actually, you didn't". I've seen people actually get depressed from the rejection. But that involves people on this forum having some perspective on what actually matters in life. 

Carnegie Melon delivering 800 letters that will actually deliver real depression upon students > GTX 970 nonsense. 

One is material goods that have no bearing on your life. The other is pretty brutal for someone. Maybe some people here have never received letters of rejection from a leading university. They suck. It hurts. Putting in all the effort that these higher level institutions require just to apply and then getting rejected? Hurts. 

So imagine being told "Hey, you got in!". And then getting the "Actually, you didn't". I've seen people actually get depressed from the rejection. But that involves people on this forum having some perspective on what actually matters in life. 

I got rejected from Brown :P

Thats how debates work.

Holy shit man, lol.

I can see there's no getting through to you with any form of rationality.

There is absolutely no proof that Gameworks gimps AMD performance, absolutely none. Any program which exists can be disassembled and de-compiled for analysis, even if the function names and variable names are screwed up. They could easily find any string checking (just like with the intel compiler in Cinebench problem) for AMD cards or drivers. If there was proof, AMD would have found it a long damn time ago and sued.

The proof is that in some nvidia titles a 650 ti boost beats a 270x.

Thats good proof enough that some games are extremely NVIDIA biased easily.

But you guys like blank statements with nothing to back them off i guess.

I got rejected from Brown :P

Ha! I got rejected from 5 medical schools and a masters program myself. You learn and move on and do better the next round. 

Holy shit man, lol.

I can see there's no getting through to you with any form of rationality.

Using  ad hominem .

Not using proof to back up statements.

Very nice debate , I thought rationality was linked to using proof to demonstrate a statement.

Thats what modern science is based on , using proof to back up a thesis.

They did not lie, I don't get why everyone is making a bit deal about this, there is technically 4gb VRAM on the card, that is a physical non debatable fact. It may be slower access vram but its vram. Why don't we also go after hard disk manufacturers for 1TB drives not showing up as 1TB drives and forget to read the spec sheet and how hard drive size is calculated. These kind of lawsuits arose from lack of knowledge to read the spec sheet and finer details. 

I don't see this class action lawsuit going anywhere.

Yeah true, same exact situation. It's exactly like buying a terabyte storage system measured in base 10 with metric prefixes and converted to base 2 with binary prefixes in the operating system. If people had read the finer details they would have known that the memory was segmented. I agree.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.