Is it possible to switch a US layout keyboard to a UK layout

Go to solution Solved by Damikiller37,

If you mean physically have the keys to a UK layout then no since the switches and stabilizers are in completely different places for some of the keys.

Here is what I mean (It's a barebones WASD keyboard not a Ducky but you can see what I mean)

US Layout

v2-104-barebones.jpg

UK Layout

v2-105-barebones.jpg

Hi 

I just brought a ducky shine 3 with the US keyboard layout, I didn't think this would cause me issues as a UK resident. Well I was wrong turns out while keeping my input settings as UK I don't have access to the backslash key, so i was wondering if i could change these key caps or something so this keyboard worked exactly like a UK layout keyboard.

Thanks a lot for any help 

If you are on windows i'm pretty sure you can go to the keyboard settings and change the layout to anything.

just look up keyboard in the start menu and you will see change keyboard inputs or somethings like that. Once you do that you will see the option to change keyboard click that then scroll down to English (united states) then add it. you can switch between them at any time by clicking Ctrl+Shift

(just saw what you were asking)

If its a cherry keyboard you can just pull them off and order the ones you want of the internet

~ Maybe the cup is just too big ~

you could probably move around the keys manually then go to keyboard settings and change the region

eGPU Setup: Macbook Pro 13" 16GB DDR3 RAM, 512GB SSD, i5 3210M, GTX 980 eGPU

New PC: i7-4790k, Corsair H100iGTX, ASrock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer, 24GB Ram, 850 EVO 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080 Fractal Design R4, EVGA Supernova G2 650W

If you mean physically have the keys to a UK layout then no since the switches and stabilizers are in completely different places for some of the keys.

Here is what I mean (It's a barebones WASD keyboard not a Ducky but you can see what I mean)

US Layout

v2-104-barebones.jpg

UK Layout

v2-105-barebones.jpg

US Layout

v2-104-barebones.jpg

UK Layout

v2-105-barebones.jpg

More importantly the US layout has one less key.