Multiple GPU and multiple monitor fps impact

nate_b55
Go to solution Solved by Kyuubixchidori,

If you are using a multiple GPU and monitor affect fps.

example, if you have 2 GPUs in SLI/Crossfire and 2 monitors, does plugging both monitors into one GPU make a difference than plugging one monitor into each GPU.

when running dual gpus, you can only use the outputs on the top (master) card. the second cards IO will only work if its not running in crossfire/sli. 

like I have dual 7950s. it supports 6 displays each. I can run 12 monitors if I disable crossfire. but If i want crossfire, only get the 6 the first one supports.

example, if you have 2 GPUs in SLI/Crossfire and 2 monitors, does plugging both monitors into one GPU make a difference than plugging one monitor into each GPU.

I believe SLI disable's one monitor's output.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

Nope! :)

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

I believe SLI disable's one monitor's output.

im not too sure on that. that might be the case for some current gen cards with all thier 4+ outputs but on older cards if you wanted to run more than two monitors or so you needed a second gpu simply because one couldnt output it all even if the work is being done shared between the two.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Was this a PSA or a poorly worded question?

If it was the latter, I don't think that it would matter how you stick your cables into what GPUs

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

when running dual gpus, you can only use the outputs on the top (master) card. the second cards IO will only work if its not running in crossfire/sli. 

like I have dual 7950s. it supports 6 displays each. I can run 12 monitors if I disable crossfire. but If i want crossfire, only get the 6 the first one supports.

And for instance, I have a gtx 970 running my main monitor and a gt 520 running my second monitor. Obviously they are not in SLI

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

And for instance, I have a gtx 970 running my main monitor and a gt 520 running my second monitor. Obviously they are not in SLI

exactly. used to have my old hd 6770 running my tv for movies/tv. that was back before I got my other 7900 card. 

granted, thats not a huge problem for me. 6 monitors is crazy, let alone 12.

OP, hope that answered your question

exactly. used to have my old hd 6770 running my tv for movies/tv. that was back before I got my other 7900 card. 

granted, thats not a huge problem for me. 6 monitors is crazy, let alone 12.

OP, hope that answered your question

I wish I could afford twelve. About to step up to 3.

I wish I could afford twelve. About to step up to 3.

me and my friend are sharing a college dorm. We are going bunk bed style, so that leaves a whole wall for a massive desk. so maybe....

I want to step up to 3. but my 27inch monitor has like 1 inch bezels. 

me and my friend are sharing a college dorm. We are going bunk bed style, so that leaves a whole wall for a massive desk. so maybe....

I want to step up to 3. but my 27inch monitor has like 1 inch bezels. 

The bezel's on mine are about the width of the tip of my pointer finger. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me, I may go with oculus instead.

The bezel's on mine are about the width of the tip of my pointer finger. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me, I may go with oculus instead.

I used one, its awesome. It was slightly out of focus, because it was a demo and couldnt change the lenses, and my glasses are massive. so wouldnt fit.

It was at the auto show, was driving a real car to control a virtual car. so cool. Just trying to imagine that with game grade graphics. 

after the demo, I'm for sure buying one. but for anything but gaming, I think id still use a normal monitor. maybe. who knows, excel worksheets on oclus might be a thing. 

I feel dumb even asking this, would this work if you have say an nvidia card and AMD? Main monitor on nvidia, others in AMD. This sounds really stupid considering you'd need both drivers at the same time as well.

I feel dumb even asking this, would this work if you have say an nvidia card and AMD? Main monitor on nvidia, others in AMD. This sounds really stupid considering you'd need both drivers at the same time as well.

I've heard both yes and no, and that it takes getting the drivers to play well together, which is difficult considering they don't like each other.