WOW. AMD GPU's To Gain 400% Performance Increase With DirectX12

AMD can go fuck themselves, unless NVidia has something better.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Having said that, the top-end NVIDIA card GTX 980 still managed to outperform AMD's R9 290X GPU purely in terms of framerate performance.

The Nvidia fanboy coming out..

As well as this:

• When creating a thread in the News subforum, please make sure your post meets the following criteria:
  • Your thread must include some original input to tell the reader why it is relevant to them, and what your personal opinion on the topic is.
  • Your thread must include a link to at least one reputable source. Most of the time, this should be a respected news site.
  • Your thread should also include quotes from the cited source(s). While you shouldn't just copy the entire article, your quote should give the reader a summary of the article in a way that gives the key details, but also leaves room for them to read the full article on the linked website. Please use quote tags (the speech bubble at the top of the editor, under the   :)) to show that you have copied this content from another site.
  • The title of your thread must be relevant to the topic and should give a reader a good idea of the contents of the thread. Copying the title of the source is permitted but absolutely not required.
  • If your article is about a product or some form of media, images are always appreciated, although they are not required.
  • Failure to comply may result in your thread being locked or removed without warning.

Meaning, don't just post a link. 

@CDHoward

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

400% increase.....on an fx-4300 cpu....

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

This article is pretty bull, its based on a single demonstration, with only two GPUs. This just means that DX11 was badly optimized in this situation the the 290x. We know that the performance gap between the 980 and 290x is not that extreme.

This is just another click bait title article with little substance to back up its claim.

The Nvidia fanboy coming out..

Fanboy? That's fact. The GTX 980 is and always will be more powerful than the 290X, every benchmark has shown it.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

This article is pretty bull, its based on a single demonstration, with only two GPUs. This just means that DX11 was badly optimized in this situation the the 290x. We know that the performance gap between the 980 and 290x is not that extreme.

This is just another click bait title article with little substance to back up its claim.

The 980 still outperforms the 290x in their test, just the 290x saw more of an improvement from DX12.

Fanboy? That's fact. The GTX 980 is and always will be more powerful than the 290X, every benchmark has shown it.

I said that, since this is a forum post about AMD GPU's. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Nice like b8 m8 I r8 8/8 appri8 please don't h8.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

If only their CPUs could see some kind of performance increase. -_-

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

LOL only because the GPU was running so s*** and unoptimised before (to show off how good mantle is ;P), the 260X and 290X are performing within margin of error on DX11 -_- Even a GTX680 is showing 3x the performance on DX11 vs the 290X in the benchmarks they are referring too lol and on DX12 the GTX980 is performing ~57% faster than the 290X (with its 400% boost) in those benches...

Click bait to a tee...

It gained 400% in a Syntetic Benchmark... So i guess the real world performance gain is gonna be about 20% then?

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

just like how mantle doubles fps

/s

My Build: 4690k @ 4.7 GHz, ASUS Strix 970 @ 1316 MHz, H105, Corsair Vengeance Pro @ 1600 MHz, H440, RM750

dank memes bro

I'm saying the truth m8 don't h8 aprrci8.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Wasn't this covered on the last WAN-show? I thought Star Swarm was a very bad example to make representative.

I guess we can at least look forward to some degree of performance improvement, even if it's just 10-20%. Free is free. :D

who cares...

400% in ONE instance (Starswarm on DX11 cripples ALL GPU's) does not equal 400% across the board for us all.

Keep that in mind.

Not saying I don't welcome more performance, but it's a little misleading to think it's standard fare for all things.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

If MS forces games to use DX12 I could see %50 happening but as we know...

Game DEVs are lazy...

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

ibtimes is worse than wccf

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

If you follow the link in the part of the article that claims 400% gains, it will take you to Anandtech's DirectX12 Performance Preview Article. In that article, the 400% gains actually boost the AMD cards to Mantle frame rates. Originally, the 290X was at a 321.7% disadvantage over the GTX 980, so the actual gains when compared to the 980 DirectX 11 framerates is 78.3%. And that's comparing the 290X DirectX 12 to the 980 DirectX 11. Comparing to the 980's DirectX 12 framerates, the 290X is still at a 35.8% disadvantage.

The reason why there are 400% gains is that when you are at the bottom of the benchmarks, you have nowhere to go but up. 

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

400% lol sure it will, and I'm going to start shitting platinum.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

If you follow the link in the part of the article that claims 400% gains, it will take you to Anandtech's DirectX12 Performance Preview Article. In that article, the 400% gains actually boost the AMD cards to Mantle frame rates. Originally, the 290X was at a 321.7% disadvantage over the GTX 980, so the actual gains when compared to the 980 DirectX 11 framerates is 78.3%. And that's comparing the 290X DirectX 12 to the 980 DirectX 11. Comparing to the 980's DirectX 12 framerates, the 290X is still at a 35.8% disadvantage.

The reason why there are 400% gains is that when you are at the bottom of the benchmarks, you have nowhere to go but up. 

Very useful clarification for the very amazing click bait title

Just going to add the link and chart here for reference:

AEVnxt4.png

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8962/the-directx-12-performance-preview-amd-nvidia-star-swarm/3

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP